• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Life Without Pokemon!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I would probably have found some other way to waste my time though (8

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2017
    I owe a lot to Pokemon. I can't imagine a world without Pokemon! But if Pokemon never existed then I would probably be into Bakugan or YuGiOh.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • I'd probably be dead now if not for pokemon.

I was on the verge of permanent hospitalization about a month before my crush on korrina began last year and she's pokemon related.
    Something pokemon related saved my life and is also saving my sanity and is helping with my psychosis and fears.

I'm finally becoming more emotionally stable. Sure, theres some times i'm still rather ill, but i no-longer have the personality of someone who will NEVER make it in this world quite as much.

So I don't want to imagine my life without pokemon more than ever now :'( It probably wouldn't even exist at all and thats a fact. I've had too much trauma to want to live without it.

EDIT: Although.....
    Spoiler:

*sigh* even if I didn't meet him, doesn't mean a better life. For all I know, I could be behind bars right now for trying to bully someone to death or something if not for him (and i would hope thats the case. bullies belong in jail. PERIOD.). He's probably a part of why I wouldn't want to be a bully at all now :( But i'd like to think...maybe i'd still be a good, caring person, regardless of his death.....

Last edited:
    Years
  • My life would be drastically different. I wouldn't have made the friends that I have now, and I probably would have been in a worse off place in life, to be quite honest. The friendships that I've made and the trials and tribulations in life that I've overcome were made possibly in part due to Pokemon, so it's hard to wrap my mind around how significant of a change my life would go through if it didn't exist.

Years
  • Things would be very different. I'd have learned English upon moving to the US at age 7/8 in other ways, and would not have many the friends I did since we bonded over Pokémon. Those people impacted me a lot, even if I unfortunately don't talk to most of them anymore.

PC also changed me a lot as a person and I've met other great people here who helped me through rough patches and overall gave me encouragement when my mental health brought me down. Really does help someone who has anxiety. I'd have not met my boyfriend either without PC so...thank you Pokémon for existing. <3

Last edited:
    Years
  • I would have been a very bored 4-year-old and upwards / missed out on some of the best memories of my life / never known of the joys of Pokemon Stadium / wouldn't have ventured online in the first place, really / wouldn't have been reintroduced to writing if not for the urge of a Pokemon fan fiction / never would have met some brilliant, brilliant people.

Life would have sucked just that little bit more, lol

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I can't even begin to imagine what my life would be like without it. D: I play it a lot, and it would definitely be hard for me to cope. Pokemon has somewhat saved my life in some ways. It's calmed me down and helped me evade hardcore boredom. I don't think I would be here today if not for getting into the franchise. It's definitely my most favorite.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I'd be fine I think, pokemon doesn't even register in my mind half of the time anymore. My childhood would have been more boring without it but eh. Never met anyone in my life who was a big pokemon fan as me in real life anyways so not like I would lose any potential kinships over it.

Last edited:
    Back