• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Life Without Pokemon!

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
  • Just wondering, what if Pokemon did not exist, I mean no Pokemon Games, no Pokemon Anime, no Pokemon Merchandise, no Pokemon Events, no Pokemon-themed parties, no nothing?

How different would ur life had been had there been no Pokemon franchise at all?

Pika Pika :chu:

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2017
    Whilst my interest in the franchise has come and gone with the generations, I owe quite a lot to Pokemon: my interest in anime, my interest in JRPGs and video games in general; I even met the person I love because of our shared interest in the series. Who knows if I would be into the same things if Pokemon had never existed? It's difficult to say.

I don't think my interests would have developed in the same fashion, at the very least.

Years
  • I feel my life would be extremely different and I wouldn't be the same person I am now. Pokemon has played a notable part in my life, since as an autistic person I tend to suffer issues with social life and thinking deep. Pokemon has helped me learn numbers and get into detail more often than I used to, and that's why it's my long-time love and always will be.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I would've had another theme for my 12th birthday, would've played other Gameboy and N64 games not having the Pokemon games (Red, Yellow, Snap, and Stadium), and would've had to watch something else in the morning before school and Saturdays when Pokemon came on while I was into it as a kid. I would've just listened to music or looked only at the sites I passed while going for walks this summer when I played Pokemon Go. I may have also stayed into Power Rangers longer and continued collecting sports cards (I stopped after Pokemon cards and once I stopped collecting those I didn't collect any cards in general).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I wouldn't have met my boyfriend, likely. The horror!

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Pokemon is 20 years old. I am 23 years old. When I say I grew up with Pokemon and I can't remember when I started loving it, it's 100% true. So my life without pokemon? I might be a completely different life. I made many of my good friends with Pokemon, it's an activity I id/do with my brother, it is a strong link between my little cousin and I (I am the old school and he's born in the gen4 era lol). I might not have been into gamings at all, who knows? So I wouldn't do my Master, I wouldn't have an interest in the Games Studies. Yeah, I think my life won't be the same at all?

Years
  • I owe a lot to Pokemon, it made my childhood pretty amazing and I've spent countless hours in its world. I had many other interest but without Pokemon, I wouldn't have found the perfect world I could escape in, and wouldn't have had this amazing community, which has helped me through some tough times.

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
  • It would probably have just been another anime to catch on if Pokemon didn't exist, but still an interesting thought! I wonder if the morality and philosophies behind Pokemon has helped shaped the minds of our generation. After all, I was only 5 when I started watching it and very impressionable. I'm not trying to blame Pokemon for anything wrong here, at all. I'm just curious if society in general would be any different if Pokemon was never created, and if so, in what ways?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • honestly if there were no pokemon there would be no pokecommunity and i would be a completely different person

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Hard for me to tell, I been into Pokemon since it first started in the states, just before I became a teen at the time (I was about 11 or 12 when it first started in 1998 USA that is) - I have stayed with Pokemon all the time.

Not sure how different my life would be, I know it would be a really big visible change, many things I like now a days where influenced in some ways by Pokemon, one of my best friends in another forum loves it too (in a non-Pokemon forum).
    it would have been very different from what 20 years did to me

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • imo I either wouldn't be that different or unbearably different. Pokémon gave me that reckless backbone I had in my childhood and that's still with me today, otherwise I'd could've of just grown up to be more gentle you could say

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Eh, if this series didn't exist then I guess I would have gotten into other game franchises.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I don't think I would have the friends I have now, and during high school I'm not sure what type of crowd I would've ended up in. I mean, I think I would've still liked video games, because Pokemon wasn't my first set of games. Though, my friend who got me into Pokemon also introduced me to anime, which is how I met a lot of other people that I still know now.

I think my life would be pretty different in some ways, but also in some ways, I'm sure I'll still be into fandoms of some sort. I think that part is bound to happen regardless.

IF NOT THEN.. with some of the stuff I've gone through, I suppose it's also possible that I'd get mixed into a bad crowd, and would be partying and drinking a lot, and end up in the wrong circles. :D

I prefer my life with Pokemon and my current fandoms. LOL

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I don't wanna think about this, honestly. I'd probably cycle through a thousand different interests and be outside all day until I was 28 or something.

Back