• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    What a boring hack and looks like vanilla fire red with a few extra tiles i deleted both ips and rom after 9 minutes of playing.
    Maybe rename hack of the year to trash of the year and give the hoty to red adventures or glazed for the second straight year i can play those more than 9 minutes without vommiting

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2017
    What a boring hack and looks like vanilla fire red with a few extra tiles i deleted both ips and rom after 9 minutes of playing.
    Maybe rename hack of the year to trash of the year and give the hoty to red adventures or glazed for the second straight year i can play those more than 9 minutes without vommiting

Sounds like someone has bad taste! Gaia does have problems such as having rare game-breaking glitches in certain spots but it's the only hack I know of that looks and feels like an actual Pokemon game.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2019
    Can you guys stop asking him if he's gonna release next beta soon? It's only been a year since the last one. We have to give him atleast 4 more years, I mean he is busy being a mod, doing mod things like getting better rom hackers off the site.

Trainer 766

Can you guys stop asking him if he's gonna release next beta soon? It's only been a year since the last one. We have to give him atleast 4 more years, I mean he is busy being a mod, doing mod things like getting better rom hackers off the site.

Not to mention he's dealing with...I don't know.Real life?

Oh....OH!So that's how it is.Totally fell for your sympathy.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2019
    I hope spherical ice doesn't mind me saying this and that i'm not overstepping my bounds here but no one's forcing you play this game so feel free to not do so.However,keep your commends to yourself and stop wasting the space of this thread and the time of its viewers.The fact that this hack was voted hack of the year is by itself an argument against your commend and it was made to be so by the numerous people who recognized its value and voted for it.Personally i support spherical ice and his hack as well as any other rom hackers who are actually using part of their time voluntarily to do something resourceful that is enjoyed by a lot of people instead of contributing to our generation becoming,and being called,a generation of critics like you who only likes to put other people along with their work down in order to get a superficial boost of self esteem.

Trainer 766

I hope spherical ice doesn't mind me saying this and that i'm not overstepping my bounds here but no one's forcing you play this game so feel free to not do so.However,keep your commends to yourself and stop wasting the space of this thread and the time of its viewers.The fact that this hack was voted hack of the year is by itself an argument against your commend and it was made to be so by the numerous people who recognized its value and voted for it.Personally i support spherical ice and his hack as well as any other rom hackers who are actually using part of their time voluntarily to do something resourceful that is enjoyed by a lot of people instead of contributing to our generation becoming,and being called,a generation of critics like you who only likes to put other people along with their work down in order to get a superficial boost of self esteem.

I think he wrote his hateful comment,not to criticize the game,but personal stuff,if you know what I mean.

Whatever the case,let's not keep on with this pointless argument.We will most likely get ourselves infractions.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018

Who cares for the rest generic looking hacks in this site Gaia is the best man i mean cmon didnt you see that 10/10 graphics vote Gaia is like the best looking hack i ever saw those fire red looking vanilla tiles are amazing!

@Guy with Porygon i was talking about the hack itself being terrible but if there are game breaking bugs thats one more reason to skip this.

And this is nothing personal just the title hack
    of the year is an insult to every hack that got this title and makes the whole awards yearly thing lose its price

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    EXTENDED STUFF!!!

Elder Knight Battle Theme

Windmist City Theme

I haven't uploaded the MP3 downloads yet (both extended and one-time loop). I hope 'ya like it! Will record and upload Unova Route 10 Theme Gen III Mix soon!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2019
    The blue shard move tutor wont teach my sylveon hyper voice. I thought this games pokemon move learn sets are similar to the latest games?

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    The blue shard move tutor wont teach my sylveon hyper voice. I thought this games pokemon move learn sets are similar to the latest games?
    That is kinda weird, I'm pretty sure my sylveon does know hyper voice. Are you sure you have the latest version of the hack?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I have just finished the beta, 31 hours in. It's awesome. Thank you so so much for creating this game.

The last Pokemon game I played was Soul Silver, so I really enjoyed all the innovations you've included like exp from capturing, chaining repels, and of course the enormous Pokemon variety. If only Nintendo had the balls to just put all their creatures out there in the wild and trainer battles of a game.

And the writing eclipses any Pokemon game I've played. I'm not ashamed to say I'm 25 and still playing Pokemon. Your dialogue is so witty, knowing and adult. It started on an obscene high, with gems like blocking the way with Psyduck who "aren't inclined to move at all", that kid in the Poke mart who once impulse bought an escape rope, and a trainer in the flying gym saying "the reign of grounded peasants ends today!" But the second half felt just a little bit more generic Pokemon storyline. There was/is definitely more mileage in being best buddies with the gang leader in Telmurk.

I've personally only encountered endure acting like protect and in fact healing by 1hp, and the 'Lv' disappearing issue, but it's purely cosmetic and comes and goes. I even raised the first Ralts I caught successfully to Gardevior, and then read that there was this whole issue with them.

As for things I'd like to see improved:

Outside Apex temple, give the player the option to go with your rival to keep following the storyline, but also an option to go back to Windmist. I'd ignored the gym there and gone straight up the mountain, so I then had to do quite a bit of running around to get back to the gym. I really like the quite tight storyline you have going and how the first five gyms flow.

On Sabulo island the tower is obviously great exp and then a great reward at the top, but the final couple of floors felt just a little grindy, and then you have to go all the way back down to heal and back up for the final boss. How about making them a pseudo- battle marsh experience where you fight a full competitive team, get healed and save, fight another full team etc...

Just remove all not fully evolved Pokemon from the battle marsh Pokemon tables. The leader battles you get every 20 are awesome, but the 19 battles in between are quite meh, especially now I trained up a Mega Pinsir. I think I only felt under pressure one time.

My final word is don't rush the next beta. Get it right. If the game ends right here, I'll consider it among the top 10 gba games I've played.

Back