• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2016
    Hi um..

I'm kinda new here in this community, but I am not when it comes to Pokemon x3

So I kinda want to report a bug maybe?
    I've recently noticed that I'm not getting ANY money from the battles I've won.

I first noticed this when I was battling one of Akuto's men. I admittedly skipthe dialogues and did not bother to check if J won anything, so I went straight to the dept. store and bought a few pokeballs,, I saw my money wasn't that high from the last batrle so i shrugged it off and just sold a nugget etc...
    Second waa in the Telmurk Gym,, I finished a battle with one of the trainers there,, and it didn't show any message that I got any money from that battle. At first I thought it was just a minor thing and that it'd go away in a few battles but,, it got to a point where I defeated the Gym Leader and I still didn't earn money D:
    I even tried battling the trainers from the outskirts of Telmurk, still no money!! ;-;

I really need to know if this is a glitch or a bug or something because I'm running out of pokeballs, fresh water, etc.. ! xD

Also, my Kirlia(female) evolved into a MALE Gallade.. I knowI've read a post about this issue but, what should I do to get a Gardevoir? Find another Ralts and hope it won't evolve to Gallade, or will my Kirlia evolve into Gardevoir in a different level? (I've tried at least lvl 36 for it to evolve to Gardevoir,, but it keeps oni nsisting to be a transgender Gallade 😂)

Oh, oh!! Last one!
    I used dive on one ofthe diving spots and the pokemon sprite(the one in surf) disappeared!! So I was like..walking and running underwater... And to my surprise,, I wasn't the only one!! Haha! The other guy was underwater too! The guy who also became one of Prof Redwood's aide. So.. Is that a bug?
    I'm not even gonna complain the masive number of blue shards and the bunch of lvl 50 Blastoise and Ampharos that magically appeared on my PC xD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2023
    congratulations on making so F* stupid thing and replacing lucky egg with focus sash, i mean who the hell needs focus sash in normal pokemon game, whooo????

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    congratulations on making so F* stupid thing and replacing lucky egg with focus sash, i mean who the hell needs focus sash in normal pokemon game, whooo????

I'm pretty sure Lucky Egg is in this game as well as Focus Sash. Are you trying to hack a Lucky Egg into the game and getting a Focus Sash instead? Try hacking in a Choice Band instead and that should get you a Lucky Egg, the items' order is different from Fire Red.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2017
    After typing over millions times of random number, i finally found out the combination code for Aerous City Museum. Its 1104.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2017
    Hey! First of all, I am really loving this rom hack so far. Secondly, I have a bug to report. It resulted in a game lock-up/freeze which sadly made me lose about an hour of progress. Don't worry though I definitely plan on continuing.

I'll try to be as detailed as possible so that it may be easier for you/you all to find and fix.
    I was using version Beta 2.5.
    I was surfing along with a repel up (super repel I believe) and the text box asking to use another repel came up, at exactly the same time one of the swimmers that swims in a square pattern turned my direction (this would normally trigger a battle). I chose no in the text box, and it closed. The trainers animation stopped and my character could no longer move, I could't hit start, or do anything. I wouldn't call it a freeze/crash though because the other animations (water, trainers, etc.) were still moving. I was traveling east through the Southern Sea, although i doubt the location had anything to do with the crash. It was a little bit stressful considering it had been a while since I saved the game and loading a save state was my only option. I think any other players who may happen to have this happen to them would appreciate it being looked into. :) Thanks for the awesome game!

Last edited:
    Years
  • My god fam, how long did it take you to make that reply? Hope you aren't in any pain after writing all that, haha
    It's the price I pay for not having updates ready more often, lmao.

That's really cool! If I ever go back to mapping or hacking in general I will definitely look into this and play around with sideways elevation. Being more related to this thread though, I'm glad to see you are working on Gaia again!
    Thanks! Sideways stairs honestly make mapping so much easier, I definitely recommend trying them out if and when you do get back into hacking.

Amazing game. I'm very very much engrossed in it right now. I'm playing this a ton 'till sumo comes out lol

Also, I've been thinking, if you're ever planning to put in the Sun and Moon 'mons into the game, I can lend a hand with spriting. I've worked on some pretty large spriting projects in the past, and I'd love to help in any way.
    I'd appreciate that, thank you!

Then you may want to think about tweaking the probabilities since I spent most of the beta, which included a few hours of grinding, with two Pickup users in my party and never got anything but Super Potions and Sitrus Berries, ever. Which at least gave me a good bit of money from selling the potions.
    I will look into this, thank you.

Hi my male ralt keep wanting to evolve to a gallade but i want it to be gardevoir is there anyway to do this? And where do i find hitmomlee or tyrouge
    The evolution bug with Kirlia is known already; the best solution so far is simply to capture another one and hope it works. Neither Tyrogue nor Hitmonchan are available in Gaia.

Is Tynamo or Eelektrik in the game? Eelektross would fit nicely on my team.

EDIT: Also where can I get a Moon Stone and is the Move Relearner in the game? I want my Trevenant to learn Horn Leech so he can get a decent STAB move.
    I don't think Tynamo is available yet, no.

Moon Stones can be won by coming First Place in the Bug-Catching Contest (along with other evolutionary stones), and is also found in a select few locations (Archan Tunnel, one of the Telmurk Warehouses). The Move Relearner will be in v3, so is not yet available.

Thanks for the reply about the water stones. Do you know where Flamethrower TM is?

Also I was wondering if you would be interested in feedback/mini review to tell you what I liked and wasn't so keen on with Gaia as I have beaten it. I have many positives to bring up but an odd thing that I'm not so keen on too.

Thanks for the wonderful hack. This deserved Hack of The Year for sure.
    The TM for Flamethrower in v2.5 is in the Telmurk Outskirts route.

Feedback of all kinds -- positive, negative and indifferent -- is always welcome here, so please do.

Thank you!

Looking forward to v3 whenever it comes out! This is the best rom hack I've played so far (and I've played a ton of rom hacks).
    Thank you!

is there a sort of time you want the next beta to be out by?
    I said that I would have a release out before 2017 but even if I do, don't expect much progress: at the moment I'm still roughly at the same amount of progress as v2.5 apart from the few updates I've shown since its release. As I've said quite a few times now, real life has slowed progress on Gaia and I've not had much motivation (and do not want to force myself to produce subpar work). Hope that explains the situation!

I have finished the game quite some time ago but i am still stick to it. Caught all the pokemons i could and all mega stones also the battle marsh is an interesting aspect of the game, I got a 50 battle streak. In addition i bought the ability pill but it doesnt seems to work, I "USED" it on infernape but his ability didnt change. (i checked the ability in the pokemon summary .. maybe the ability actually changes during battle ). and also if ability pill works in some other way can somebody tell me? (I know i can google) :p

OK sorry for disturbing, i guess ability pill doesnt work for hidden ability :/
    Yeah, the implementation for the Ability Pill at the moment is somewhat messy in that it is still consumed if you use it on a Pokémon who only has one ability. This will be fixed in v3.

still holding off for a little while, but I will still say that this looks like one of the most exciting rom hacks in ages. Seriously.
    Thank you!

Amazing hack just finished it with team infernape,gogoat,clawitzer,gigalith,howlucha,venusour.
    didnt encounter single bug hope u dont abandon this great hack.
    waiting for next beta take ur time man no hurry iam sure it will be worth the wait.
    Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed playing.

how can I evolve my electubuzz on pokemon gaia
    Electabuzz, like all Pokémon whose evolution methods have changed, has its evolution method listed in the README.txt file included with the download. It evolves with a ThunderStone.

Is Shadow Claw a TM in this game?
    You cannot get a TM for Shadow Claw in v2.5, no.

I'm not sure how long ago someone asked about this but I have tried evolving my Eevee into a Sylveon and I have done everything as I should, yet it still is not evolving. Did the method change?
    You need to use a Shiny Stone.

Hello, I'm currently on the 2nd gym where you battle Aria, and people have told me that you can find Fletchling on the Nestpine Climb, but I can't find him. The only bird Pokemon I can find is Spearow. Please help me find a Fletchling!
    Fletchling is indeed in Nestpine Climb, you're probably just unlucky.

when will be this hack finished ? sorry to ask this if is a bad thing
    The short answer is that I myself don't know, sorry. It'll be done when it's done!

This is THE BEST Pokemon hack I 've ever played! Totally deserves the Hack of the Year title! I really enjoyed (and still enjoy) playing it. I didn't have any issues during my playthrough, it just crashed a couple times but that's all (I play it on my cellphone).

I did find a minor bug, which I would like to report. In Telemurk Outskirts there is a battle with a Pokemon Ranger (male) who has the overworld sprite of a Camper.

I also have a small suggestion. When you use Rock Climb the sound effect of Cut is heard, right? I think it would be more realistic if you used the sound effect and the visual effect of Rock Smash. And it would look even better if, for example, there are 3 tiles to climb and the sound and visual effect of Rock Smash play 3 times (or as many as the number of tiles is).
    Just an idea though. I have no clue if something like that is easy to do (or even possible).

Oh, and you gotta give us a Bicycle!

I look forward for the next release of the game (whether it is the final one or not) and I wish your real life becomes less hectic soon, so you can enjoy working on Pokemon Gaia again! :)

(And sorry for the long post... :P)
    Thanks! Good eye with regards to the Pokémon Ranger, I actually already noticed it myself and fixed it for v3 but I think you're the first to point it out in this thread.

I agree that the entire visual and audio aspects of using Rock Climb aren't amazing, and I probably will eventually end up revisiting it, but for now it's so low priority that it probably won't change for v3. Duly noted, though!

You're absolutely right about the Bicycle, I keep meaning to add it and forget.

Thanks for playing and being so supportive!

so is Deoxys in this game?
    Deoxys does not appear in Gaia, no.

Thanks for the reply, I would just like to know if you can catch noibat and spheal.
    Spheal can be caught in Frostbite Cave, Noibat in the Ferre Ruins.

Love this game so far and I'm only at the first gym. Really well made. Congrats! Just a quick question. I see that golett is mentioned in your read me. That means he's in the game so just would like to know where he is in the game. Also weedle's location. Thanks ☺
    Golett can be found in Ignis Roost. I don't think Weedle is capturable in v2.5, but I'm not 100% confident it isn't there, sorry.

Not sure if somebody mentioned this but I encountered a game-breaking bug. When the rival was going to battle me outside of the Battle Marsh after healing my Pokemon I can't move and nothing is happening, the music continues however. I am using beta 2.5
    My team is:
    Gogoat
    Scizor
    Infernape
    Sealeo
    Nidorina
    Bunnelby
    I've had some reports of this but haven't managed to recreate it myself yet. I'll try and see if I can get it fixed for v3 but that mostly depends on being able to recreate it.

Hey, it's me... again. Guess what!? I found another game breaking bug. When you go the the cave with the second ancient art piece near the bug gym there is a section with two boulders. I tried to use strength on one of the boulders (derp i dont Have strength) and the boulder decided to try and sell my something pink and an infinite amount of lemonade. And thus my game crashed and I had not saved. TBH I'm not sure how this got hack of the year if I've already found 2 game breaking bugs in a day of playing.
    That sounds like you are playing the wrong version, because that does not happen in the v2.5 on the first post of this thread.

The tiles are just sooooo great!!!
    Thank you!

Where can I get a Noibat in this game?
    Ferre Ruins.

Could somebody please help me?
    My Dusclops doesn't evolve into Dusknoir, actually none of the new evolutions methods seem to work.
    If none of the evolution methods are working you're likely playing an outdated version of the hack: make sure you use the patch linked in the first post of this thread. Dusclops evolves into Dusknoir with a Dusk Stone.

Dear developer, I understand that you are very busy and have a lot on your hands both in the hack and IRL, but would you mind making the battle marsh a tiny bit harder? As it is right now it's laughably easy to get to 200+ consecutive wins with any reasonably strong team. Also, I found a small bug: when a Pokémon U-turns out of battle it doesn't take life orb recoil.

One last thing: is scizorite in the game at the moment? Because my regular scizor honestly hits like a little bitch.
    Anyways, thank you for the commitment you've shown to your work and for sharing this amazing hack with us, really wish you best of luck!
    The Battle Marsh will be improved eventually, not necessarily for v3 as it's relatively low priority, but yes I agree that it's pretty easy at the moment. Scizorite can be won for coming First Place in the Bug-Catching Contest. Thank you!

Do you plan on completing Pokemon Gaia?
    Yes.

Is 7th gen planned to be at some point in the game too? And what about Ash-Greninja?
    I'm still undecided on whether or not I will be adding Alola Pokémon to Gaia. I like them, but I don't know if I want to dedicate time and space to implementing them. Ash-Greninja will absolutely not feature, ever.

As this hack been cancelled?
    No.

EXTENDED STUFF!!!

Elder Knight Battle Theme

Windmist City Theme

I haven't uploaded the MP3 downloads yet (both extended and one-time loop). I hope 'ya like it! Will record and upload Unova Route 10 Theme Gen III Mix soon!
    Thanks for uploading these! I still love what giradialkia managed to do with these compositions!

The blue shard move tutor wont teach my sylveon hyper voice. I thought this games pokemon move learn sets are similar to the latest games?
    Sylveon can properly learn Hyper Voice in v3, I'm not sure if this is a bug in v2.5 but I think it may be that you're playing an outdated version of the hack. Redownload just to be sure.

I have just finished the beta, 31 hours in. It's awesome. Thank you so so much for creating this game.
    You're welcome, thank you for playing!

The last Pokemon game I played was Soul Silver, so I really enjoyed all the innovations you've included like exp from capturing, chaining repels, and of course the enormous Pokemon variety. If only Nintendo had the balls to just put all their creatures out there in the wild and trainer battles of a game.

And the writing eclipses any Pokemon game I've played. I'm not ashamed to say I'm 25 and still playing Pokemon. Your dialogue is so witty, knowing and adult. It started on an obscene high, with gems like blocking the way with Psyduck who "aren't inclined to move at all", that kid in the Poke mart who once impulse bought an escape rope, and a trainer in the flying gym saying "the reign of grounded peasants ends today!" But the second half felt just a little bit more generic Pokemon storyline. There was/is definitely more mileage in being best buddies with the gang leader in Telmurk.

I've personally only encountered endure acting like protect and in fact healing by 1hp, and the 'Lv' disappearing issue, but it's purely cosmetic and comes and goes. I even raised the first Ralts I caught successfully to Gardevior, and then read that there was this whole issue with them.
    Thank you! I agree with the second half of the game being more lacking in the dialogue's creativity, and will hold my hands up that I just get bored of writing it for the eleven millionth NPC, haha. Definitely something worth revisiting though, absolutely!

As for things I'd like to see improved:

Outside Apex temple, give the player the option to go with your rival to keep following the storyline, but also an option to go back to Windmist. I'd ignored the gym there and gone straight up the mountain, so I then had to do quite a bit of running around to get back to the gym. I really like the quite tight storyline you have going and how the first five gyms flow.
    This has been something I've gone back and forth on in my head. I never particularly liked fast travel in hacks but OR/AS' inclusion of it made me more receptive to it and I found it especially useful here where the player did not yet have Fly and wouldn't want to backtrack all the way back to Aerous City. That being said, I feel like if I do keep fast travel, I should keep it as simple as possible. This leads to the current situation we have, however, where many players (including myself on some playthroughs) completely forget to fight the third Gym. The dilemma comes when I'm not sure if I want to add some contrived roadblock before completing Apex Temple that forces the player to fight the Gym, which I think breaks the momentum of the story, to leave it as it is, or to do what you've suggested and add multiple options or at the very least a reminder to go and fight the Gym (which some players will probably still miss if they're just skipping dialogue). Ultimately I think your solution is probably the most elegant even if it does compromise the simplicity of the fast travel moment, so, to cut a long story short yeah I probably will end up doing something like this. That is, of course, unless I come up with a better solution, lmao.

On Sabulo island the tower is obviously great exp and then a great reward at the top, but the final couple of floors felt just a little grindy, and then you have to go all the way back down to heal and back up for the final boss. How about making them a pseudo- battle marsh experience where you fight a full competitive team, get healed and save, fight another full team etc...
    Hm, I had noticed that the Tower got a little repetitive if you kept having Pokémon fainted. I might reduce the number of Trainers a little, and could definitely add a reward where you get healed after each level. These changes will of course end up skewing the level curve, of course, which is annoying but you're right that it's a worthy change.

Just remove all not fully evolved Pokemon from the battle marsh Pokemon tables. The leader battles you get every 20 are awesome, but the 19 battles in between are quite meh, especially now I trained up a Mega Pinsir. I think I only felt under pressure one time.
    Yup, I basically plan to do this already. Ideally it would emulate how the Battle Maison works in the official games where it starts off with NFEs and whatnot with proper competitive movesets and gradually gets harder instead of being 100% random while still selecting from a large pool which simply changes as you climb. Like I said earlier though, this is all rather low proirity side stuff so it may not be changed for v3 necessarily but certainly sometime in the future.

My final word is don't rush the next beta. Get it right. If the game ends right here, I'll consider it among the top 10 gba games I've played.
    Again, thank you!

I just started playing this game recently, and i just wanna ask, can i catch a pancham in beta 2.5? i really want one. and i think there is a bug in ferre ruins, in the area with the "mass of the iron titan" thing, sunfloras appear on majority of steps i make
    Pancham cannot be caught in v2.5, no.

The Sunflora issue has been fixed, you just need to download from the first post of this thread instead of whatever website you took it from to begin with.

I don't know how far you've worked on the game, but I think it would be amazing if a few of the 7th gen Pokemon/Alola formes are added after release of Sun & Moon, and maybe even tie in the Sun & Moon story with the plot of Gaia (or a side plot)? Just some suggestions, and now that the demo of Sun & Moon is out, maybe use the stats and move-sets from the demo (if possible)?
    I think I addressed this earlier in this post, but to reiterate I am a fan of a lot of the Alola designs but am still undecided on if I am to add any of them to Gaia for now. As for side plots or stories tying into the story of Sun and Moon, that would absolutely be something that would only happen in the postgame of Gaia and so is very far away.

this hack is almost having one year of inactivity, what happen?
    A mixture of real life commitments, demotivation and exhaustion. Gaia is not cancelled, I'm just working on it slowly.

Anyone know where I can find Psyduck? Is it possible to find one before the second gym? Tried looking for a walkthrough online about locations but couldn't find one.
    Psyduck can be found in a few places if I remember correctly. You can definitely find Psyduck in Frostbite Cave.

Im sorry but i dont have the readme.txt so i cant read it (obviously) and i dont know if this glitch is writted on this...
    I found a glitch when i tryed to mega evolve Aggron, Altaria and lopunny, they dont have sprite so is an missingno in they place, i must to say, I can't obtain the beedrillite, Scizorite and Herracronite, so I cant see if with these this glitch happens...
    PD.: IS A COMPLETELY WONDERFUL GAME! I CAN'T WAIT TO THE NEXT PART!
    This is a known issue, yes, and it is indeed on the README.txt file. If you didn't receive it in your download you probably are playing an outdated version of the hack anyway, so I'd recommend you redownload from the first post of this thread.

Thank you!

A very clean and well designed hack. Nicely done, Spherical Ice.
    Thanks, Mortalis!

Since I'm playing this on an emulator for Android, so I have no README.TXT, but I just want to share this: if you catch a wailmer at precimos island that knows dive, go to the closest place you can use dive at at precimos stretch, whrn you dive you'll be walking around, not riding on a pokemon, and you'll see your rival running around in a sircle around an underwater item, which is a coin for the game corner. And when you dive up, you go full Jesus and walk on the water, but are unable to go back on land.

P.s.: THIS GAME IS A WORK OF ART, WORTHY OF STAYING ON EQUAL FOOTING WITH THE ORIGINAL GAMES! KEEP THE GREAT WORK UP AND GOD BLESS YOUR SOUL!
    Yes, the Dive exploit is less a bug and more an oversight: you should not be able to get Dive in this version, so just don't use it in the overworld. You can use Fly to escape the "unable to get back on land" issue.

Thank you!

how do i download (aka find the download button) because this looks REALLY COOL!
    The download link is on the first post of this thread.

I'm only at the third gym, but I am loving this romhack so far. No bugs have been encountered, and everything seems professional. Hopefully, things will continue to go well.

Honestly, the closest thing I have to a complaint is that there is not a way to disable the the IV viewing function. Normally, I would just ignore the letters, since I don't bother much with IV's, but seeing solid D's and E's are too much to ignore. Please don't bother yourself with this, just a personal note.
    Thank you!

I hadn't considered implementing an option to disable the IV viewer but I can see why you would not like it to be there; if I can figure out how, I would not rule out adding an option to disable it. Not a very high priority suggestion, but definitely worth looking into!

This is one of the most amazing hacks I've played but I feel that multiplayer link/battle would make it easily the best hack
    Thank you! Unfortunately I don't plan to re-add the multiplayer features any time soon, but I won't rule out them ever coming back, either. Thanks for playing!

I had tried it ,but it won't let me go ahead some3-4 gyms. I would talk to someone and the game would freeze, so I had to delete it. But still a very good hack. Loved it.
    You're almost definitely playing an outdated version of the hack, please redownload from the first post of this thread instead of the website you found it originally.

Have you really found a Heracross in the bug contest? I've found two Larvestas and lots of Scythers and Pinsirs (also the easy ones), but not even one Heracross. :(
    Heracross can indeed be found there, I'm afraid you're just unlucky. It's very rare, though, so don't expect to find it quickly!

I need help, I am the frostbite cave 2nd ice slide (the one with itemfinder) and I am currently stuck and I have no escape rope. Any help I am just staying at the New Elders Grunt that is near the itemfinder.
    Sounds like you just can't complete the puzzle. :P

When is the next update going to release
    I don't know; when it's ready.

Hi um..

I'm kinda new here in this community, but I am not when it comes to Pokemon x3

So I kinda want to report a bug maybe?
    I've recently noticed that I'm not getting ANY money from the battles I've won.

I first noticed this when I was battling one of Akuto's men. I admittedly skipthe dialogues and did not bother to check if J won anything, so I went straight to the dept. store and bought a few pokeballs,, I saw my money wasn't that high from the last batrle so i shrugged it off and just sold a nugget etc...
    Second waa in the Telmurk Gym,, I finished a battle with one of the trainers there,, and it didn't show any message that I got any money from that battle. At first I thought it was just a minor thing and that it'd go away in a few battles but,, it got to a point where I defeated the Gym Leader and I still didn't earn money D:
    I even tried battling the trainers from the outskirts of Telmurk, still no money!! ;-;

I really need to know if this is a glitch or a bug or something because I'm running out of pokeballs, fresh water, etc.. ! xD

Also, my Kirlia(female) evolved into a MALE Gallade.. I knowI've read a post about this issue but, what should I do to get a Gardevoir? Find another Ralts and hope it won't evolve to Gallade, or will my Kirlia evolve into Gardevoir in a different level? (I've tried at least lvl 36 for it to evolve to Gardevoir,, but it keeps oni nsisting to be a transgender Gallade ������)

Oh, oh!! Last one!
    I used dive on one ofthe diving spots and the pokemon sprite(the one in surf) disappeared!! So I was like..walking and running underwater... And to my surprise,, I wasn't the only one!! Haha! The other guy was underwater too! The guy who also became one of Prof Redwood's aide. So.. Is that a bug?
    I'm not even gonna complain the masive number of blue shards and the bunch of lvl 50 Blastoise and Ampharos that magically appeared on my PC xD
    Yes, the issue with not gaining money is a bug that will hopefully be fixed in v3. The Kirlia bug is known, and like I said earlier in this post, the Dive issue is an exploit you shouldn't use. Dive shouldn't be available, so don't use it in the overworld.

The items just have different IDs, they have not been removed. I'd argue the stupid thing is trying to hack in items instead of just gitting gud :^)

Hey! First of all, I am really loving this rom hack so far. Secondly, I have a bug to report. It resulted in a game lock-up/freeze which sadly made me lose about an hour of progress. Don't worry though I definitely plan on continuing.

I'll try to be as detailed as possible so that it may be easier for you/you all to find and fix.
    I was using version Beta 2.5.
    I was surfing along with a repel up (super repel I believe) and the text box asking to use another repel came up, at exactly the same time one of the swimmers that swims in a square pattern turned my direction (this would normally trigger a battle). I chose no in the text box, and it closed. The trainers animation stopped and my character could no longer move, I could't hit start, or do anything. I wouldn't call it a freeze/crash though because the other animations (water, trainers, etc.) were still moving. I was traveling east through the Southern Sea, although i doubt the location had anything to do with the crash. It was a little bit stressful considering it had been a while since I saved the game and loading a save state was my only option. I think any other players who may happen to have this happen to them would appreciate it being looked into. :) Thanks for the awesome game!
    This seems like an issue caused by playing an outdated version of the hack or by a broken patch, so I'd recommend trying to redownload first, but I will look into it anyway as I have not heard this be reported yet. Thanks for playing!

Small update just to prove that the hack isn't completely dead.

Some shady goings on in the upstairs of the Precimos Hotel! What could these shady burglars be looking for?

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2023
    sorry for my last comment, as for hack, i love it :D new region, new pokes, was kinda surprised to assemble my full team before 4th gym, yay. so i have a question, since vbulletin search didn't help much, where can i find TM Psychic, TM Shadow Ball, TM Earthquake, TM Brick Breaker, TM Return, TM Sludgebomb (i assume you didn't change any of them), also are either Moonblast or Dazzling Gleam available as TM, cuz my Gengar would love either of them. thanks again for making such a great hack
    EDIT: i just beat Sid, so leave TM36 out of the list. the rest are still important.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thanks for replying! It's nice to see that what I commented is taken into consideration! Also, I would really like to see what kind of plot there is behind those burglars at the Precimos Hotel... ;)

Oh, I almost forgot! I encountered one more bug. I was training my Pidgeotto in the Bug-Catching Contest and evolved it into Pidgeot and when I exited the Valoon Reserve the game crashed. Like, black screen and stuff... What's up with that?

Other than that, like I stated in my previous comment, I love this hack!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2016
    Oh sorry for using Dive xD
    About the money... Is there any way to gain battle money or is it gonna stay like that?
    And, I'm really curious with the burglary plot!! :D Hope you guys finish v3 soon, good luck~

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2017
    So... Another bug, this may have already been reported. Inside Ferre Ruins, the first body of water you can surf on (it's not required, but it can be surfed on) every single tile in the water is an encounter with a Sunflora. And the levels vary from 5 to 12 to 24 to 50 to 84... The level of my team is 35 average. So i'm assuming that was not intended lol... My first thought was "Good xp for my charizard", but I think the xp is severely lowered as well, considering I killed the level 85 and got only 400 xp. Kind of a weird/funny thing to stumble upon, I thought mabye you were testing something. If you were for whatever reason testing with sunfloras in the water can you please share why? XD, I thought it might be interesting/funny.

Also, when you mega evolve charizard-y the drought doesn't activate unless you switch out and back in, when in x&y and on it activated as soon as you mega evolved. I wasn't sure if this was just an overlook, or if the coding is still being worked on. :)

P.S Still loving this hack... can't stop playing!

Update: The Sunflora are also on the floor below with the encryption thing (EVERY FRICKIN TILE lol), I also encountered a lvl. 100 and oddly, a lvl. 0 Sunflora. I'm guessing that means it can be any level.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2017
    I've been rather obsessed with Pokémon hacks lately. This one is awesome. It was just different enough to keep me excited to keep playing through. I greatly enjoyed the story, maps, and many improvements in the hack! (I love seeing a Graveler evolve by leveling up--it just feels right!) I didn't experience any bugs (that I noticed, anyway). Absolutely loved the hidden grottoes, also the well-placed hidden items. Gave me a reason to leave no stone unturned, so to speak, and explore every corner of the map.

My only complaint is that I was raising up a Gardevoir and a Glalie hoping for mega versions of each...but never found their mega stones. Came here to find out my search was futile. Are you planning on including more mega evolutions eventually? (I've never played an official game past gen. 4, so I thought that was a pretty cool aspect of your hack.)

Only other issue I had is that it isn't complete! But I enjoyed it for what it is (even if it's never finished), and wanted to say thanks for putting so much work into this hack!

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2017
    Only other issue I had is that it isn't complete! But I enjoyed it for what it is (even if it's never finished), and wanted to say thanks for putting so much work into this hack!

Less than a week ago one of the creators was on here answering/replying to posts, he also uploaded a new version very recently. As far as i know it's very much still being worked on. :)

DarumaLuge

Pokemaniac
    Years
  • Didn't quote your reply since it's very long, but thank you for the Psyduck answer! I already found one in that cave. Thanks Spherical Ice!

Back