• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Have you been playing G/S VC non-stop?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Pretty much the title! Have you been reacting to the games in a crazy dedicated super positive way or has the fun sort of worn off now?

For me I've stopped... but that's only because I've been SUPER busy with a bunch of other things I haven't had time to sit down and play haha.

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
    Years
  • I've been playing it on and off. I don't have anyone to trade/battle with so it takes a fair bit of the fun out if it.

Years
  • I've been playing it on and off as well, but that's because of increasing obligations irl. I should actually play it more soon since I won't have that much free time/desire to play it after I start work. D:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I've stopped thrice now.
    Enjoyed the nostalgia but it got too boring and lacking and slow.
    I have commitment in real life too.

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Up until a few days ago, yes. After I beat the E4, I kinda lost motivation to keep playing so much. Ive also been trying to hatch a shiny Houndour which hasn't been going so well, so I'm taking a small break hoping I can get back into the groove of it and beat the game soon

Last edited:

Guest123_x1

I haven't played Gold or Silver much in the past several days. Similar to other people, it's because I've had lots of other things to do-same reason why I haven't played my other Pok?mon games (Y, Alpha Sapphire, Moon, and Red/Blue/Yellow as well) either.

Years
  • For me I've stopped... but that's only because I've been SUPER busy with a bunch of other things I haven't had time to sit down and play haha.

Exactly! I only properly have time to play on weekends. >.< But we have a three day weekend because of a holiday Monday so I plan to play to death. Still have to work out some of my team though, pity how annoying it is to get evo stones in these games..

Years
    • Seen today
    Played through it slowly off and on, until kanto where i played a lot because i wanted to finish the game

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Literally all of my down time has gone to playing Silver on my 3DS lol... When RBY came to VC I remembered feeling like those games dragged, and was low-key expecting that from GSC, but I forgot just how fun these games are since it's been so long since I played them.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • Been playing both versions gold by my own and silver with a friend were we do a vs run and battle each other after every 2 gyms

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I've been playing on and off. I like to play while watching videos or something because I'm taking my time catching and training a lot of Pokemon. Right now, I'm trying to catch up Pineco and Abra with my Quilava and Pidgeotto, so that's been kind of rough, aha. That's been slowing me down, but I'm getting close to getting back on track.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I've been doing that, and only that (oh, and also sleeping and going to work) since the games came out. I just beat Red in Silver, and with that, I'm done with both.

Bring on the Crystal version!!!

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I've been playing almost everyday since I got it. I just got all the Kanto badges the other day and now I'm currently breeding for shinies (so far, I got three Chikorita and one Eevee) while levelling up my team for fighting Red as well as filling my pokedex. I'll take a break when US/UM comes out and then come back to it when I've finished that game.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It has now been a month! How far has everyone gotten now? :)

littlebeeb

小さなもの
    Years
  • I went super hard on it when it released on the VC but haven't played in about a week or so... I caught Heracross though. :3

IRL obligations have kept me away, as well as avoiding having to grind because 2nd Gen movepools suck. D:

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I just haven't been playing games much in general lately, but Gold is still my go-to game before bed. I've unfortunately been wasting a lot of time resetting for different cap Pikachus in Sun, but almost all of my other free gaming time has gone to Gold for the past month. The Sun nonsense is over, at least, but today I played Super Mario Odyssey a bunch, so I think that's going to start taking some of my attention. But since I still need a before-bed game Gold will probably hold onto the spot for at least a few more months, and possibly for a lot of next year. I guess I might get hooked on USUM instead, but honestly, I think Gold is going to end up dominating for a while.

I make next to no progress, as I'm not all that focused when I'm sleepily playing, but I'm enjoying it so far. I have two badges and am getting to use a lot of interesting Pokemon. I think I just picked up Headbutt two nights ago, and am making my way towards Goldenrod.

Back