• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: it's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • By this point though I don't really think they care anymore
    Well honestly if you're punching holes in your wall over frustration, and your parents aren't doing anything about that, then something needs to be done. Either you, your brother, or both of you guys should probably speak to someone to talk things out, or at least try to mediate with one another in a civil manner.

If it's becoming so much of a problem that doesn't seem to be resolving itself, I could recommend you talk to your school's counselor and/or social worker as well, and let them become aware of harsh house living.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
  • Well honestly if you're punching holes in your wall over frustration, and your parents aren't doing anything about that, then something needs to be done. Either you, your brother, or both of you guys should probably speak to someone to talk things out, or at least try to mediate with one another in a civil manner.

If it's becoming so much of a problem that doesn't seem to be resolving itself, I could recommend you talk to your school's counselor and/or social worker as well, and let them become aware of harsh house living.

Ok

string555

Banned
    Years
  • I kind of like this solution better...
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Punch pillows, not walls.
    On a side note, at the very least, he should be replacing whatever he broke or stole.
    And if he's not, well, you don't need to deal with him anymore in your life if you chose not to when you move out. Only a few more years.
    But that's usually par for the course with siblings. You're pain in the asses to each other and you seem to hate each other. Eventually you either grow out of it or just stop associating with each other. I hope it's the former for you. I wish things went differently with me and my siblings, haha

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
  • Punch pillows, not walls.
    On a side note, at the very least, he should be replacing whatever he broke or stole.
    And if he's not, well, you don't need to deal with him anymore in your life if you chose not to when you move out. Only a few more years.
    But that's usually par for the course with siblings. You're pain in the asses to each other and you seem to hate each other. Eventually you either grow out of it or just stop associating with each other. I hope it's the former for you. I wish things went differently with me and my siblings, haha

True and I'm hoping I can move out somewhat soon after I graduate HS in June

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • dang if i ever beat my sibling or did anything on that level i'd have the biggest ass whooping

making compromises and deals are essential skills to have... it would definitely help to see a school counselor about this as a sort of mediator. Everyone else gave suggestions... I think if I went any further it would be redundant.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • its really funny when YouTube stars think they have street cred

?do you know who i am??? Im prettyboy$$ w 678,248 subs who do you think you are???

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    its really funny when YouTube stars think they have street cred

?do you know who i am??? Im prettyboy$$ w 678,248 subs who do you think you are???

Literally 0 YouTube stars say that.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
  • Honestly Youtube allowed Tyler Oakley to become popular and that's something we as a society will have to burden forever.

(this is a joke before any of y'all get upset)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back