• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Zacian and Zamazenta.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I will only ever think of Great Grey Wolf Sif when I see dogs with swords and for that Zacian has my undying love.

Cid

Years
  • Initial reaction was those color schemes were awful, but I quickly warmed up to Zacian because of the memes. Zamazenta, when I looked at it earlier this morning, looked great to me now as well. I like them a lot now.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years
  • Doggo + Stabby Stab = Yes

As a knife/sword collector I was already hyped for getting a game called Pokemon Sword, and now seeing that one of the legendaries uses a sword I'm even more hyped.

Zamazenta looks cool too I guess. But Zacian is where it's at.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Thinking about it... I wonder what their signature moves would be. :o

I kind of wonder if that move-naming submission thing they had a little while back will play into it. It was a high-powered Steel move (doggos are almost certainly going to be Steel or part Steel) with recoil or something, yeah? idk what else they'd use the to-be-selected name for other than the signature move of the new mascot legendaries.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • y'all if someone wants to go tell 2nd grade syd that their wolf legendaries are real please do so lmfao a bitch been waitin a long time for wolf legendaries and basically i stan. i prefer sword dog more bc i'm not a huge fan of shield boy's bulk but y'all fr i ain't been this stoked about box legendaries in a minute

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • One of the best things about them have been all the memes involving pictures of dogs.

Of course, one of the worrying things is how many rl dogs have been holding sharp objects like knives...

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    It bugged me that Zamazenta's shield is a part of it, but Zacian's sword is just an object that it holds in its mouth.

Then I saw this:
    Spoiler:

Which makes it a bit better. Still not my favourite though.

Last edited:

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • It bugged me that Zamazenta's shield is a part of it, but Zacian's sword is just an object that it holds in its mouth.

Then I saw this:
    Spoiler:

Which makes it a bit better. Still not my favourite though.

It's like a Farfetch'd carrying its twig, but a bit farfetched.😃

Years
  • I like them a lot, but it took me a while to understand their designs. They seemed a bit cluttered and very similar at first, given the short video.
    Zamazenta is clearly a shield-bearing wolf knight, cape and feathered helmet and all, but Zacian took some time to understand...
    Until I found the picture with Zacian's sword parts fusing, the same one that Benermerut just posted, which made it so much more clear.
    Then, I noticed its long, flowing orange braids, and that all of Zacian's colours are not the same, but consistently lighter than Zamazenta's, and then it hit me:
    Zacian looks feminine. It totally does! It's a sword-swinging wolf valkyrie with long braids and a skirt!
    Wouldn't you agree? I'm not sure how many people noticed that.
    Also, love the general epic-heroic theme they have. Can't wait to see their types.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Zamazenta has the better design, in my opinion, since it's pretty cool to have a shield mane activating at will.

Zacian is just as cool, although I think it should have a sword horn like Absol, since it's not a Sword Pokémon if it's signature sword gets lost or stolen when it lets it's guard down for even a second.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2020
    Zamazenta edges it for the mane-shield.

I don't want to KO or use Sif for my own gain anymore );

Back