• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Trailer

Years
  • I honestly think this one is really cute!
    graphics are really sleek and pretty but gameplay looks really casual and simplistic, which I suppose might be offputting for some

Sirfetch’d

I want to know what the special Pokemon you meet is.

All of this is so cool. I cannot wait!

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    As I suspected, a Kanto pandering game that's pretty much a remake and to attract casual fans that got into the GO fad as well. Sickening, the trailer was 3 minutes of gen 1 appeal. Can't believe TPC had the gall to remake Kanto for the Switch to connect to GO. Are we restricted to walking with Eevee and Pikachu as well?

The special pokemon better be worth my time.

Overall looks like something I'm not looking forward to. Especially if it's restricted to the 151.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Oh, I am totally looking forward to this. What really attracts me to this game is that you can transfer your Pokemon Go pokemon to your switch game. HOW COOL IS THAT?

Years
  • So the rumours were true... This might attract Pokemon Go fans if they learn about this game. However, I don't think this game will get me out of my fatigue with the series. I'm not interested in revisiting a water down version of Kanto. I mean there's no Battles aside from Trainer Battles, what's the fun of that?! I dunno, I heard that they are going to make a more traditional entry soon but I haven't had fun with a new "mainlineish" game since Black and White 2. Unless this unnamed game is something really impressive, I'll probably feel apathetic towards the series for a long time. :(

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
  • Cute but not something I'm going to run out and drop $300 on a Switch for.

Yeah def not worth $300 for a Switch and $60 for the game
    This is a $40 game at most and IDK who asked for a Pokemon Go port for the Switch but it's just dumb
    As I suspected, a Kanto pandering game that's pretty much a remake and to attract casual fans that got into the GO fad as well. Sickening, the trailer was 3 minutes of gen 1 appeal. Can't believe TPC had the gall to remake Kanto for the Switch to connect to GO. Are we restricted to walking with Eevee and Pikachu as well?

The special pokemon better be worth my time.

Overall looks like something I'm not looking forward to. Especially if it's restricted to the 151.
    Exactly! It's just more stupid pointless Gen 1 pandering and it's getting annoying

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yeah def not worth $300 for a Switch and $60 for the game
    This is a $40 game at most and IDK who asked for a Pokemon Go port for the Switch but it's just dumb
    That's a pretty quick reaction for something that you've only viewed three solid minutes of, to which there's limited explanations about how the game actually works and nobody's played a demo of.

And besides, there's plenty of killer apps on the Switch besides Pokémon.

pkmin3033

Please tell me that normal, useable controls are an option for those of us who do not appreciate being forced to use motion controls. My god, PLEASE, learn your lesson. These things are not intuitive or fun. They're gimmicky, exhausting, and thoroughly irritating. Some of us just want to play the game properly.

I also hope that there are no Pokemon that are Go exclusive. Because that would be extremely frustrating for those of us who don't have smartphones...or don't like Pokemon Go.

Other than those two make-or-break things? I suppose it doesn't look too bad. A step in the right direction, at least. I'm not sold on the new models for Pokemon quite yet, but they at least look better than the ugly ones they used in the 3DS titles.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    I really like the art style for this game honestly. Was never too much of the fan of the gen 6 & 7 models. These have a lot more saturation which I like. I'm really not a fan of only using 151 pokemon, but for a spinoff, it'll do fine. It reminds me a lot about Colleseum and XD right now with the no battle thing. I can deal with that and we still have basic battling which is nice. Pokemon following you is also pretty nice and I love the customization.

My pros so far are that the games look good, it's definitely distinct from usual Pokemon game, I like the interface and the Co-op almost has me sold.

My cons are that only having the 150 Pokemon to choose from is stupid as hell. But for a spin-off I can let it slide as they did mention that another core rpg would be coming out in late 2019. I also like being able to transfer my stuff from go instead of it sitting there. lol

Overall, honestly, this game gives me hope for the next gen. They're actually taking their time with the next games and that makes me happy! I'd rather have a polished game next year then a game that has bits unfinished in it this year.

I want to see more before I buy it though.

Bay

Years
  • As someone who is a Go player, I don't mind this and it does look cute. However, not sure this will make me go play the Switch for it. I'll wait for more info/gameplay before making judgement.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • Has this been confirmed as a spin off or remake?

With this being announced, it does tie in with the generation pattern I have been talking about. I'm guessing this is a Gen VII title?

I'm hyped for this game, but I am disappointed that we never got Alola on Switch.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I was skeptical at first but this actually looks like a lot of fun :D Not sure I'll start playing GO again though.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • Now that I know these are not core games, I went from Annoyed to indifferent. I may just get them because it seems kind of neat. Especiially exploring the region with 2 players? Hell yes!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    It's.....alright.

Doesn't really excite me. Especially if it's outright limited to the first 150 Pokemon, personally speaking I can't really think of anything that would be a bigger turn off in a Pokemon game than that. (and also I really can't see myself wanting to dish out €50-60 to play this)

Kinda disappointing since I was getting hyped for next gen and apparently that's still a year away. (but then some people were expecting it to be 2019 anyway so I guess not much has changed)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Now that I know the next core games will be coming in 2019, I've switched from anger to indifference in regards to these games. I am certainly not buying them - I don't want to encourage Game Freak's obsession with Kanto and the Gen 1 pokemon nor do I want to encourage the stripped down gameplay we've been shown thus far:

- Only Gen 1 pokemon (and Alolan forms)? Sure they are bringing in one completely new pokemon but this is severely reduced from what we have come to expect from spinoffs (Gates to Infinity is seen as the worst PMD game, so not a good precedent there).

- All wild pokemon capturing uses the Pokemon Go style. A huge part of pokemon is weakening wild pokemon in order to catch them or to defeat them to help your own pokemon. Pokemon Go is for the phone so the mechanics can be excused, but for a console such as the switch I find this to be inexcusable.

- Does anyone really think that Pikachu or Eevee will be able to evolve? They seem to be the only pokemon which can dress up even. Whilst Pikachu does have an evolution, I doubt Game Freak will allow their Mascot to evolve especially when the Games seem to be similar to Yellow. And therefore, even though a huge part of Eevee's design is it's ability to evolve into many different forms, I doubt it will evolve either to keep it fair to Pikachu.

- Why on earth do we keep returning to Kanto? Hasn't there been enough Gen 1 pandering in previous generations?!

- It will likely be full priced since it is on the switch, so £45-£50 for what is looking to me like a £20 Pokemon Go expansion.

Overall, I am glad that I know that there is a 'core' pokemon game on the way in 2019 because I sure am not very impressed with what has been shown off right now.

Last edited:
    Back