• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: (Cancelled)Pokémon Black Redux - The definitve B&W gba demake!

Do you want to have this demake completed?

• Total voters

Vytron

Just an ordinary Romhacker
Years
Pokémon Black Redux
(Cancelled)

About the Hack
Hey everyone, I'm Vytron, GBA romhacker who has already worked on some hacks in the past. My first project was an original game called Pokémon Star Red. It has been cancelled and soon after it I started working on something that nobody ever did in the community. (Or at least not publicly.) I started a Hack last year called Pokémon Black Advance.
It was a GBA demake of the Gen 5 Pokémon games, however it got cancelled due to poor design choices made at the early states of the Game. I haven't worked on anything big afterward for a long time. Many months later I came back with 2 new hacks, one being the restoration of the Gen 5 games. This is Pokémon Black Redux, and it's going to be the most accurate B&W remake you have ever seen. It's a major step up from Black Advance!

Story
The Hack will have the same plot as the original games. There might be only small differences, due to the game being on a weaker hardware, however these changes will be insignificant, irrelevant to the game overall. I might include some small extra things in the post game. (that's something that I'll give to the people to decide)

Features
  • Unova Graphics mostly straight from the NDS
  • Pokémon B2&W2 soundtrack (by LukeeGD)
  • Pokémon with their own cries and sprites from newer generations (used a patch by pokefreak890)
  • PSS Split
  • Moves from generation 4 and 5
  • Competitive items from newer generations
  • Side way stair mechanics
  • Updated battle backgrounds
  • New Bag UI
  • Functioning TownMap with Unova map
  • B&W repel system
  • Day/Night system (Might get taken out so no graphical bugs will occour on certain emulators)
  • Both Protagonists (Black Advance only had the male character)
  • Both Rivals (Black Advance only had Cheren)
  • And many small tweaks in the rom to have a better, more modern experience
Media (aka Screenshots, they'll probably get updated later)

Spoiler:

You should check these out!
My Discord Server (Vytron's Romhacking Department), where you can check the game's progress!

Pokemon Black Advance's thread

Credits
  • LukeeGD (Soundtrack)
  • pokefreak890 (Big chunk of the game engine)
  • 黒インク (Summary screen and Selection screen)
  • Everyone who ripped and published B&W Graphics (Sprites, tiles etc.)
  • Nisarg (Sprite for the Bags)
  • GoGoJJTech (Who's hack inspired mine to exist)
  • Everyone from VRD (My Discord server) for the Support
  • diegoisawesome (For his awesome XSE tutorial, I learned scripting from pretty much that)

Downloads
[FONT=&quot]No releases are going to be available
Stealing or ripping material from the screenshot is prohibited[/FONT]

Why not check out my actual project though, like Pokémon Sors or Pokémon Saiph 2? (Click on Support Banner!)

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Oh gosh! Welcome back! I'm glad to see that you are back and that too, with full force! Pretty hyped and I hope you see this project through the end of its development.

gail

Having no limitation as limitation
Years
Nice! you look more skilled now, hope you can finish this one!

Maximoff

Aspiring Hacker
Years
This is a really cool looking hack, the graphics are amazing.
But wouldn't it be better to use Leon's Ultimate base, since it's a bit more polished?

Years
looking good! actually impressive with how similar it looks with the unova games :O

Vytron

Years
This is a really cool looking hack, the graphics are amazing.
But wouldn't it be better to use Leon's Ultimate base, since it's a bit more polished?

Maybe but I didn't start the project with his base in mind.
But I think it'll be polished enough.

Last edited:

Vytron

Years
There are some grammatical errors in one of those screenshots. Hope you will fix it.

Before release I'll obviously check these kind of things and will have a public beta testing probably.
Thanks for the keen eyes for these kind of things :)

Years
Well, this is really nice! Till today we don't have a really demake of NDS to GBA, not from Gen4 and not from Gen5. But this looks so great, I really hope you can to it and bring it to an end, allthough I know how hard it is. Good luck!

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
Years
I say this a 3rd time: the concept of this hack interests me.
Again, this hack would open up Black and White to the maturity of GBA hacking.

Yungbossawott

ybwott
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 21, 2022
genuinely one of my favorite hack concepts ever. this looks so good and i am excited for the day its done :]

Years
this may not be for a bit because the developer's main priority is another romhack called Pokemon Saiph which is in its postgame development right now. the hack itself isn't out (saiph) but I think he'll start updating on the discord again when he's done with Saiph

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2020
This says cancelled/discontinued, is it really cancelled just like the Advance version or just put on hold?

Back