Just an ordinary Romhacker

Male
Europe
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
199 posts
4.5 Years

Story

300 long years ago, a weird cosmic anomaly took place...
It didn’t look like anything mankind has seen before, but they compared it to a lunar eclipse.
This weird event caused Pokémon all over the Hupest Region to behave unnaturally, violently and even made some change their form...
However, the chaos was put to an end mysteriously, and this event was noted in history books as “The Great Eclipse”!

A few centuries later in the Hupest Region, a shady organization, Siara’s leaders, Marie and Jackson came across this ancient lore...
They started researching the phenomenon and attempted to bring out the full potential of Pokémon with the Eclipse Project.
The premise was simple... Turn Pokémon back to that ancient form they took up during the chaos.

During all of this a child was born of those two... His name was Asher. Around his 5th birthday, the parents decided to divorce, because Jackson, Asher's father,
feared what they’ve created, and wanted to shut down the entire project. Asher's mother, on the other hand kept on with it and finished the experiments alone.

Jackson couldn’t just let Asher be exposed to such a risky factor and left Siara with his son for good. While he kept looking into Siara’s business from the shadows, he desperately tried protecting Asher from what Siara might bring upon. 11 years later, Asher sets off to his own adventure and enters the Eclipse Tournament in Hupest. However he doesn’t know yet what Siara is about bring to the region and his life.

The game follows Asher’s journey as he tries becoming the very best, and slowly flows into Siara’s business to stop the chaos unfolding.

Feaures

• A new region to discover, Hupest!
  • A Custom soundtrack (tracks from various, games remixed with my own style with a B2&W2 Soundfont)
  • A BW/HGSS inspired art design
  • Updated battle mechanics to Generation VII (Moves, Pokémon, PSS split etc.)
  • Full National Dex until Gen 7 (only in the full game, the demo only has a portion of the 807 species, see the documents provided for further information)
  • A new battle mechanic, Eclipsing! (More about this later...)
  • Side Quests (With an actual Quest Log)
  • Day/Night System and possible D&N events (On VBA turn RealTimeClock on, the emulator needs to support RTC)
  • Many aesthetic updates (Like the transparent textboxes etc.)
  • Soaring (Only in the Full Game)
  • Not a feature, but game design issues from Saiph have been avoided here, so trade pokemon can be evolved, stones work etc. (Lessons have been learned this time...)

Screenshots

Updated assets (from the full game)

Bugs

• The Siara encounter theme in Sovio is a bugged scrapped version, after that the proper version plays. (I fixed it so in the full game it will be fixed)
  • PokéMart Graphics while shopping are messed up.
  • Registering new Pokémon shows Rattata (don't worry it registers the proper Pokémon)
  • The Lv in battles don't show up (doesn't interfere)
  • The Lv in the summary screen has stray pixels (doesn't interfere)
  • If you think there is no Save Option, there is, it’s in the HuPhone and is shown in one of the screenshots (Not a bug in any way, but due to so many people being confused I had to point this out). -> Gonna be moved back to the menu in the full game.
  • Menu in the beginning looks bugged, open "Option" to fix it
    Spoiler:

Download

• Pokémon Sors Demo
    Released: 2020. September 7th
    Length: Until Round 2, roughly 10 hours without speeding the game up.
    Notes: Patching is required, please read the .txt file included with the download. There will be two releases in total, the demo and the full game!
    Attention: Due to many people having issues on android emulators at Samurion City, the download link has been updated to a quick patched version. The finalized download has "(Samurion Fix)", please play this version.

Links

Links you may find interesting.

Game’s Anime Ending

First Trailer

Custom soundtracks

Check some of the sound tracks here.

Game’s Opening Theme

Wild Battle Theme

Trainer Battle Theme

A battle theme for the Eclipse Tournament Bosses

Rival Themes

2 Route themes

Cave Theme

Siara Grunt Battle Theme

Emulator Compatibility (General Information)

• Not compatible or not being supported simply means the ROM isn't suited for the emulator without modification (A good example is hex editing the rom to be able to save on 3DS VC).
  • Windows: mGBA (the demo doesn't seem to work, but the full game's build, which is ofc not released yet seems to run fine), VBA (This is the most recommended emulator among any on any platform)
  • Android: JohnGBA and MyBoy
  • Console VCs aren't tested (3DS/2DS New etc. are confirmed to not work)
  • Use cheats, Fast Forward and Frame Skip on your own risk. I personally stand besides the idea of playing hacks as they are intended on original hardware.
  • When it comes to cheats, you are on your own, as they can mess up the game, thus I won't provide cheats, and there won't be cheats listed anywhere.
  • Make sure you patch to 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)
  • Support for any commerical ROM's will not be given in this thread.

Credits

• Prof. Leon Dias and UltimaSoul (Big chunk of the game engine)
  • Ishrak's Poketips (Game's Fancy Logo, the old, curvy one)
  • Sane Cola (Game's Fancy Logo, current one)
  • LukeeGD (for the sound engine)
  • ShinkoNet and VGMusic (help with some midis for the ost)
  • Kiy, usigusom, () and 黒インク (Selection screen)
  • Againsts (Summary screen)
  • Nisarg (Sprite for the Bags)
  • JK from Whack a Hack (Bag UI)
  • Cryptic (for some custom new item sprites)
  • sane cola, apanda. and Jon Snow (Demo's Beta Testers)
  • Everyone from VRD (My Discord server) for the Support

Support Banner

[URL="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=433238"][IMG]https://i.ibb.co/r6fN21q/Banner.png[/IMG][/URL]

• Screenshots, features and credits may expand/change over time.
• Stealing/Ripping material out of the screenshots is strictly forbidden
• ROM was mapped, scripted, and done entirely by me, there was no development team.
• This is Copyright © 2020 by #Vytron. Distributing it without permission is not allowed.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.

Age 19
Male
Canada
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
Posted April 26th, 2021
435 posts
5.2 Years
Cool as heck. Glad it’s on here now.
Rom hacks i support: Pokemon Adventure Red Chapter, Pokemon Gaia, Pokemon Firered Rocket Edition, Pokemon Orange, Pokemon Unbound, Pokemon Masterquest, Pokemon Saffron Version, Pokemon Dark energy, Pokemon Sevii, Pokemon Radiant White, Pokemon Darkfire

Hacks I have beta tested: Pokemon Masterquest, Pokemon Saffron, Pokemon Sevii, Pokemon Aluminum, Pokemon Secret diaries. Pokémon Sors

Currently a Beta Tester for:
Pokémon saffron
Pokémon Sors

IMPORTANT: i'm currently OPEN to ANY rom hacks that need beta testing. PM me on pokecommunity, thanks!

Inner Rhymes

Hip Hop and Pokemon are all I need.

He/Him
India.
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
1,211 posts
4.2 Years
Ayeee this looks really graphically appealing! Good luck!
Ayee I just dropped my latest single Soulace on all streaming platforms. This is a chill Lofi track that's very personal to me! I hope y'all enjoy!

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fT3k2KU1dw
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/0EeJ5hMa8YUDHaZEhmbCqk
Apple Music: https://music.apple.com/in/album/soulace-single/1565986518?ls

#Vytron

Male
Europe
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
199 posts
4.5 Years
This hack looks decent! I hope it works much better than Saiph as that one has graphical glitches. Question though, why not use the CFRU as the game engine? It has all moves from Gen 1-7 on top of that it also has dynamax now.
Leon’s base has everything I need, and I don’t need all the filler things like Zmoves or Dynamax.
(I know you can build the rom without those as well, but in that case it does not worth the work)

#Vytron

Male
Europe
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
199 posts
4.5 Years
Looks very promising..Good luck bro!
Thanks ^^

#Vytron

Male
Europe
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
199 posts
4.5 Years
This game look good, very good
I’m glad :3

#Vytron

Male
Europe
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
199 posts
4.5 Years
Have you decided how long the first beta will be?
Yes, chapter 1 (or beta 1) will go up to the hack’s capital city, Amor City, with roughly 6-7 hours of gameplay planned.

#Vytron

Male
Europe
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
199 posts
4.5 Years
Looks really interesting. Good luck with it!
Thank you

#Vytron

Male
Europe
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
199 posts
4.5 Years
A test comment to see if the support banner works properly lol

Spacewalker

Exploring the universe.

Age 15
Male
Multiverse
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
882 posts
2 Years
A test comment to see if the support banner works properly lol
It does. Good job. Good luck.

#Vytron

Male
Europe
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
199 posts
4.5 Years
It does. Good job. Good luck.
Great, thanks ^^

#Vytron

Male
Europe
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
199 posts
4.5 Years
man, Vytron games are the best from the carefully picked tilesets to the story and originality of everything
And its gonna be worth the wait
Haha, I hope so