• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serious To mask or not to mask...

Years
  • That would be fine during the early days of the pandemic, but it's been 1.5+ years already, people have had plenty of time to get/make masks. Most people should have at least one by now.

I'm more or less speaking of businesses that have reinstated mask mandates if they were previously lifted, or to a lesser extent, businesses that have mandates where no mask ordinances exist on a local level. However, I do agree that people should already have them on their own accord after 18+ months.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    It's the smart ones that have the masks and keep wearing them. The ones who "don't have them" are the ones who piss and moan and use every excuse in the book to not wear one.

Years
  • It's the smart ones that have the masks and keep wearing them. The ones who "don't have them" are the ones who piss and moan and use every excuse in the book to not wear one.

Bruh... I literally can wear a mask during a 10 hour shift working over a 600 degree plancha with asthma, there are no excuses. 😂

Years
  • We just got a mask mandate in my state for indoors. I wear my mask indoors when going to the store, a gas station, or even picking up food to eat.

I'd wash my hands and/or use the hand sanitizer that is in the car.

I'll be honest in saying that I followed CDC guidelines. When they said it was okay to not mask up anymore if you were vaccinated, I stopped wearing one. When they revised their guidelines in July, I started masking up again.

The only places I really do not mask up are when I am at home, in my car, or when I am in my office with nobody else around. I wear it to restaurants, stores, or any other public-facing facility I enter.

Same. I stopped wearing a mask after they said you didn't need one after being vaccinated. Since that changed here, I wear a mask indoors yet again.

Years
  • Fortunately, I currently live somewhere where there are no active COVID cases and people have mostly been living their lives normally - no one wears masks anywhere, except probably in hospitals? I went to the doctor almost a month ago and expected everyone to wear masks (the automatic appointment confirmation email even said to wear them), but when I got there no one, not even the staff/doctor, were wearing a thing. I had mine on and everything and was a bit confused coming in haha. Was probably an outdated appointment message.

I have to admit though, while I absolutely will wear masks, it feels really nice and almost surreal not to have to wear them here. I am very acne prone and my skin does not like being suffocated that way, so wearing them all the time in the US and South Africa really made my lower face/chin unhappy. :xx That's probably the best part of having no cases here tbh. Masks can be stylish, especially when I just want to hide most of my face, but they're super aggravating for my skin.

Back