• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where would you live in the Pokemon World?

Years
  • Which city or town in the mainline regions would you like to live in the most? Consider locales, nearby routes/areas, local attractions, and other aspects such as unique flavor.

Personally, I'd enjoy Nimbasa City. It's an entertainment hotspot without the traffic and long wait times! Virbank City would also be fun cause of the proximity to Pokestar Studios, but the pollution might put me off. Fortree could be cool, it would be fun living in a treehouse city, but I think I'd most want to live in Wyndon, it reminds me of home :)

Years
  • Well my fav regions are Hoenn and Kalos,, but Hoenn is probably too hot for my liking though.
    Sootopolis would be cool... yet impracticable as heck xD

Either Snowbelle City or Dendemille Town.
    Snowbelle City always has snow in it and a forest nearby.
    Dendemille Town is smaller, but it can also snow there and it has a pretty windmill.
    Suppose it would come down to how busy Snowbelle City is. I'm not that big on busy/crowded cities. If it's too busy I'd go for Dendemille Town instead.

Haiku

PokéManiac
    Years
  • I live in New York IRL, so I would probably be from the Unova region! One of the details I really liked in those games was the dilapidated train tracks leading out to nowhere in parts of Pinwheel Forest and Nacrene City because where I live (out in the far suburbs) those are pretty common to see. So maybe I'm from Nacrene City? That or Accumula Town.

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I'd probably be living in Saffron City since that is where my favourite gymleader is, and that is where they produce the Silph Scope and the Masterball as well

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I'd definitely live in Kalos, Galar or Unova. Eastern culture would be too much of a shock for me as a westerner, and Alola would be far too warm for me (and the new region being based off of Spain, it would also be too warm for me) - so it has to be from those three regions.

Circhester is tempting, but I would probably ultimately want to be in a place that isn't always cold. lol That makes Unova most tempting, especially since the location it is based off of is close to New England, which has my favorite climate. But I don't know, hard for me to envision myself in any of these tiny blocky Pokemon towns. lol

tigertron

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • Pallet Town because it's pretty and peaceful. It would also be within commuting distance from Viridian City where I would like to work and I can play the song 'Viridian City' as I travel in the morning. ^_^

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • No region based on my location, unless we pretend that Unova encompasses the entirety of the US (it is named after the United States of America, after all), but I could see myself living in Azalea Town, Johto if I had to choose from existing regions. Johto is super nostalgic, Silver being my first core series game, and Azalea seems like it would be a quiet, cozy place to live. It also has a forest where I can look for and photograph bugs (one of my biggest hobbies IRL).

Last edited:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Ehhhh... I don't know. I'd love to live in whatever the equivalent of my hometown is, but that hasn't been shown yet. If I had to choose an existing city, I'd probably choose Olivine City in Johto due to its proximity to the sea and the presence of an iconic lighthouse.

Years
  • Ecruteak City, Johto. The most beautiful and historic city in the series. <3 Especially during the autumn season!

Where would you live in the Pokemon World?

KOZSTAR

Diabolical
    Years
  • Maybe Virbank, Unova. It's safe to assume it's a warmer climate, which I prefer. Easy and short boat ride to the bustling Castelia.
    Assuming one used the x1000 rule, the city population is about 48,000, if you count the people in the Virbank Complex. Perfect amount.
    Also, a great place for entertainment, especially in the music industry. I'm not even a rock person and I'd still go to all of Roxie's shows.

Unova (and Kalos) doesn't have any bad cities though, to be honest.

Years
  • I think I would like to live in either Olivine or Vermilion City. Both are medium-sized port towns with access to other regions, and near enough to other major cities (Goldenrod/Saffron) that I never feel to far away from anything.

LaRousse City is an anime-only city in Hoenn that is based on the closest major city that I live to (Vancouver), but I don't live in the city proper, so Olivine or Vermilion are good comparisons.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    I kind of like the ocean and heat so I would definatly be living in Vermillion City with my Primeape. You never hear about flooding when it rains. One could always go to the Pokemon Fan Club and chill with other people who have their favorite Pokemon. The SS Anne will always be a nice attraction and a good place to get wasted once a year. Its also one of the only cities to have anyone mentioning war from the past, being LT Surge.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024

Laverre City, Kalos for sure. It feels so rustic and charming. A seemingly eternal autumn, self described as "the city of otherworldly dreams.", surrounded by a forest with flora and fauna of all exotic varieties, and a population who cares for the environment so much that a 1,500 year old tree has thrived there! Not to mention, home of the original Fairy gym and, according to the anime, the best chocolate Kalos has to offer! What's not to love? ♡

I'd build myself a tiny, quaint log cabin and live comfortably with my Fairy Pokémon and pick wild flowers, herbs, and mushrooms to sell - then savor my afternoons enjoying some time in the local café. It may not sound like a fast paced or exciting way to live, but for me, I couldn't imagine anywhere more peaceful and relaxing in the whole Pokémon world. (。•́‿•̀。)

Trainer_Hope

The Electric and Fairy-Type Pokémon Scholar!
    Years
  • Probably Alola. I love tropical places and living in Hawaii alongside Pokémon pretty much sounds like heaven to me. Not sure where in Alola I'd live though...

Years
  • Somewhere either in Kalos or Johto. I think Ambrette Town would be cool place to live, given its focus on fossils. I also quite enjoy Laverre City design, so that would be my number 2 spot. For Johto, I think Cianwood City would be my home. Especially its anime version. Speaking of anime Johto, Blue Point Isle is also great place.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Prefers a small, inland city with decent access to a larger city. Disregards all of Alola immediately. Views places like Turffield as too rural. Passes on Spikemuth because of all the hooligans and loud music. Would not be artistic or trendy enough for Nacrene City.

Maybe Santalune City? Seems fairly calm there. Reaches Lumiose City easily enough. Curates the road to Lumiose. Features no nearby volcanoes or anything.

Back