• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    What is the fastest way to earn some medals? I just got to Petalburg for the first time and finished the Wally thing and am just about to leave, (after I do some EV training) and I just need 29 more medals for the PGL in order to start the 3rd level of the mine cart attraction to get some poke balls (because I am DESPERATELY low on poke balls thanks to all the hidden pokemon with their egg moves in the wild I went on a catching spree and am now broke!) but from this point what's the fastest way to accumulate some medals at my current point?

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    I have a question pertaining to the OR/AS Demo. If I were to start transferring any of the items/Glalie into my copy of OR, would I somehow be opted out of randomly getting the first Secret Mission? I haven't transferred any of the items or my Glalie because I still play the Demo from time to time, SRing to try and get the Secret Mission where you encounter Team Aqua/Magma again and I don't know if it would somehow get in the way of that.

Normally I wouldn't think that's the case, but because acquiring it seems random and we don't really know what we can do to make it appear, I don't know if having all of your rewards in the demo still is actually a requirement or not.

Bringing this over in case it was missed. Still lookin' for an answer, if anyone has one.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Is there any rhyme or reason to the wild hold items in ORAS? First off Serebii says Wurmples never hold anything, but every single Wurmple I caught all had Pecha berries, which is one thing, but I just ran into one that I used Switcheroo on (traded over a Noibat) on route 101 and it was holding a freaking Brightpowder! And this wasn't a wurmple that was hiding in the bushes that I snuck up on and dexnaved, it was just a random encounter I found while running around, so seriously, is there any rhyme or reason to what wild pokemon can be holding, or can literally everything be holding anything?

Edit: Also, does anyone know why my pokemon are gaining experience at different levels? I trade all shinies over to ORAS to play through, and there's been instances that the boosted experience doesn't make sense.

First off, they're all different trainers than my Sapphire game, so obviously they all feet boosted experience, however they're getting different amounts. in the last two fights I had a wooper, Mankey and Noibat fighting. In the battle against a lotad, the wooper and Mankey got 18 exp points, but my noibat got 20 exp points. In another battle (can't remember against what) the wooper and monkey got 36 Exp points, but the noibat got 41. They are all under level 5, all 3 are not in the Hoenn dex, there's no lucky egg or exp O power involved, I'm at a loss as to why Noibat is gaining exp faster than the rest of my pokemon when they're all traded so shouldn't they all get the same amount of boosted exp?

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Edit: Also, does anyone know why my pokemon are gaining experience at different levels? I trade all shinies over to ORAS to play through, and there's been instances that the boosted experience doesn't make sense.

First off, they're all different trainers than my Sapphire game, so obviously they all feet boosted experience, however they're getting different amounts. in the last two fights I had a wooper, Mankey and Noibat fighting. In the battle against a lotad, the wooper and Mankey got 18 exp points, but my noibat got 20 exp points. In another battle (can't remember against what) the wooper and monkey got 36 Exp points, but the noibat got 41. They are all under level 5, all 3 are not in the Hoenn dex, there's no lucky egg or exp O power involved, I'm at a loss as to why Noibat is gaining exp faster than the rest of my pokemon when they're all traded so shouldn't they all get the same amount of boosted exp?

Is your Noibat in a foreign language by any chance? Because foreign Pokemon gain more EXP. than native-language Pokemon.

ex. if your game is in English, Japanese, French, Korean, German and Spanish Pokemon gain more EXP than any English Pokemon you have.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
  • Does anyone know where to find Bagon? I've heard they are in the bottom floor of meteor falls and I'm just about to enter the cave of meteor falls.

They're the last level of meteor falls, should be in the late 30 range.

----------------------------------

I've got a question about cosplay pikachu, mostly it's nature.

I've been SRing for about 20 minutes trying to get an adamant one with a decent attack IV, so far I've only been given ones with modest natures every time, though I've been told some have gotten then with adamant nature.

Is it bad luck, game based, gender based? Or was I just lied to and they are all modest?

If it is only modest, that's a little disappointing, really wanted to try out rocker and luchador with their moves.

Years
  • I've got a question about cosplay pikachu, mostly it's nature.

I've been SRing for about 20 minutes trying to get an adamant one with a decent attack IV, so far I've only been given ones with modest natures every time, though I've been told some have gotten then with adamant nature.

Is it bad luck, game based, gender based? Or was I just lied to and they are all modest?

If it is only modest, that's a little disappointing, really wanted to try out rocker and luchador with their moves.

You're just having bad luck, since the nature is random based on what Serebii provided. The only fixed things I know of are its ability (Lightning Rod, which is also Pikachu's Hidden Ability) and it's always female.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
  • You're just having bad luck, since the nature is random based on what Serebii provided. The only fixed things I know of are its ability (Lightning Rod, which is also Pikachu's Hidden Ability) and it's always female.

For whatever reason I decided to switch my first pokemon before getting the pikachu, I am now getting different natures, but ONLY if I switch my first pokemon, it goes back to modest every time if I don't.
    Weird bug? Dunno, it's weird either way.

EDIT: So I saved with my adamant Sharpedo in front, instead of my modest Gardevoir, and now every time the pikachu is adamant.

It seems less random and more based on the first pokemon in your party when you load up, or it's just insanely coincidental.

Years
  • Is there any rhyme or reason to the wild hold items in ORAS? First off Serebii says Wurmples never hold anything, but every single Wurmple I caught all had Pecha berries, which is one thing, but I just ran into one that I used Switcheroo on (traded over a Noibat) on route 101 and it was holding a freaking Brightpowder! And this wasn't a wurmple that was hiding in the bushes that I snuck up on and dexnaved, it was just a random encounter I found while running around, so seriously, is there any rhyme or reason to what wild pokemon can be holding, or can literally everything be holding anything?

I'm going to quote this cause I just found out that Pelipper on route 118 sometimes hold Lucky Eggs when seen on the DexNav. This might be something specific to the DexNav since I've caught 12 Pelippers and only the ones I've seen on the DexNav have Lucky Eggs.

Years
  • Anyone have any idea where to find a Sun Stone in these games?

I have a Cottonee I want to evolve and am having no luck with the global link games. xD

I have one, but I don't remember where I got it. All I can find on it is that in the original games you can get one by talking to someone in the Mossdeep Space Center, so you might be able to find one there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back