• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What water pokemon did you use in BW?

Years
  • Water is the most common pokemon type in the series, and yet I have come to realize that I didn't actually add a water pokemon on my team in pokemon Black until after I completed the main story! I started with Snivy so no water starter for me.

What water pokemon did you use in the original Pokemon Black/White? Mine was the gyarados I raised from the magikarp salesman I encountered on the bridge post game.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I used the Oshawott evolution line or the Panpour line, doing a re run at the mo thought I'd give the Tympole line a go and I'm quite impressed at the mo it is ugly tho which has put me off in the past.

Years
  • i used the oshawott line when I played Pokemon Black. I used Jellicent on Pokemon Black 2. samurott was a legend but jellicent was... not. she has good SpA but her speed just doesn't cut it. it was bad that I had a sigilyph too. it was a bad partnership haha.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    On my very first playthrough of B/W I used Simipour, and on some other Gen 5 playthrough I know I used Swanna. Don't really remember what else I've used though.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • oh efff. i know i started with oshawott the first time, but hell if i remember using a water type after that. i feel like i might not have bc i was like OH I DON'T HAVE TO USE SURF?????? NO WATER TYPES FOR ME THEN and that was that.

Years
  • In BW I started with Tepig and I've used Tympole line and I loved it. Then in B2W2 I decided to start with cute Oshawott and I think I haven't evolved it past Dewott. Samurott is so weird in comparison to them.

Now that I look through the Unova dex, only Water-types I haven't used are Simipour and Basculin.

Last edited:

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • I knew before the games were even out that I was gonna pick Oshawott. :3 But I also had Tympole->Palpitoad->Seismitoad on my team - the redundancy got more and more annoying until by the Elite 4, I used her as my Ground type and didn't have any Water type moves on her.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    In my most recent playthrough I used Ducklett/Swanna. I can't recall if I used a Water-type in my original playthrough. I used my Panpour for the Striaton Gym both times but would switch it out for something else not long after.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I used Samurott and Seismitoad in my first two playthroughs of Pokémon White, and Azumarill in Black 2. I've also used a Sharpedo in White before, which I breeded and traded over from my Black 2 save file.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • for my first run I used Oshawott as the starter, didn't evolved it pass Dewott
    at the time, Dewott was my favorite Pokemon - I started with Black2

(with pass of time - Servine is my favorite starter now for the 5th gen)

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Most of the time just Basculin or Samurott.

As for times where I didnt use those, in one of my Black 2 nuzruns my Samurott died and so I then replaced him with a Golduck and that died to a Hi jump kick and I replaced that with a Starmie.

In my current B2 run it was a Swanna that died, so my Wailord became my main Water mon

Years
  • In my first ever BW playthrough I actually picked/used Samurott as my starter and now years later it is my least favorite Unova starter. I used Seismitoad when I replayed the game later.

As for BW2 I used Lapras twice (including my first playthrough of these games) with Psyduck/Golduck being my filler water type until I can catch a Lapras. In my most recent W2 playthrough I used a Jellicent and it was a very strong and useful team member.

Years
    • Seen today
    First time I used Carracosta, which was decent. Playing through for a second type with a Panpour. I love it, but he's not doing so well. I haven't replaced it with anything because I'm holding onto a hope for it to get better.

For White 2 I started with Oshawott.

Back