• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Marvel Megathread! Movies, TV, Comics & More!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I ended up watching Hawkeye in one sitting while I'm waiting... it was awesome!

The first couple of eps were a little shaky but it just got so good after that!

Ohh I should give it a watch :3 I don't have Disney+ anymore though hmm.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I absolutely loved No Way Home & Shang Chi! I can't wait for Shang Chi 2 & the shang chi related disney plus series and whatever is next for Spiderman!
    What If i thought was decent.
    I want them to add Eternals to disney plus soon as I missed watching that.
    I'm going to start Hawkeye soon too!

Years
  • Oh no ;;;;; I really hope you'll feel better soon and be able to see it after all...

I got to see it on New Year's eve!

It was a bit rough, and I almost collapsed when I got up after the film, but it was so worth it! More importantly, my OH got to see it before the end of the year 😁

It was really good, but I still think Far From Home was better!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I got to see it on New Year's eve!

It was a bit rough, and I almost collapsed when I got up after the film, but it was so worth it! More importantly, my OH got to see it before the end of the year 😁

It was really good, but I still think Far From Home was better!
    I think I won't really know how I truly feel about the movie until I see it a second time tbh. There was a lot of stuff happening and I don't fully remember the plot lmao d: as a standalone film it probably wasn't the best. But if you've seen
    Spoiler:

what does "my OH" mean?

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I don't have a Reddit account so I'm just going to share a random way-too-into-this-whole-MCU-thing-no-wonder-I'm-unemployable theory:
    Asgardians call Rocket 'Rabbit' correctly, when they first met humans one of them brought a pet Asgardian Raccoon (referred to as a Rabbit), the word entered the lexicon but given this was the Old World and Raccoons are a New World creature, memory's faded and it got co-opted to our fluffy friends / pests today.

p.s. one immediate benefit from this far-too-deep thinking on this issue, I finally have a nickname for my Minccino, as Chinchillas are famously also not rabbits!

Years
  • I think I won't really know how I truly feel about the movie until I see it a second time tbh. There was a lot of stuff happening and I don't fully remember the plot lmao d: as a standalone film it probably wasn't the best. But if you've seen
    Spoiler:

what does "my OH" mean?

Oops sorry! It means other half! 😊

I don't have a Reddit account so I'm just going to share a random way-too-into-this-whole-MCU-thing-no-wonder-I'm-unemployable theory:
    Asgardians call Rocket 'Rabbit' correctly, when they first met humans one of them brought a pet Asgardian Raccoon (referred to as a Rabbit), the word entered the lexicon but given this was the Old World and Raccoons are a New World creature, memory's faded and it got co-opted to our fluffy friends / pests today.

p.s. one immediate benefit from this far-too-deep thinking on this issue, I finally have a nickname for my Minccino, as Chinchillas are famously also not rabbits!

Possible, I mean another Asgardian solidier shouts "get that rabbit" while chasing Rocket in Endgame
    Spoiler:

So it's very likely that all Asgardians think the same.

But... going past that, Nebula calls Rocket a fox on multiple occasions and Yondu calls him a rat, other galactic peeps have done similar. They have no old world connections, so I think there's just a lack of Raccoons in space in general tbh.

Also, after mistaking him for a rabbit, I think Thor has just stuck with it as a term of endearment, much like he always calls Groot "Tree".

Years
  • Anyone see the new Doctor Strange Multiverse of Madness trailer? I wanna watch the trailer so bad, but at the same time also wanna go into the movie completely blind, like I did with NWH. Ehhh I'm sure one trailer wouldn't hurt..

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Yesssss it looks really good

Best to avoid if you want no spoilers at all though

Years
  • Anyone see the new Doctor Strange Multiverse of Madness trailer? I wanna watch the trailer so bad, but at the same time also wanna go into the movie completely blind, like I did with NWH. Ehhh I'm sure one trailer wouldn't hurt..
    I have, but honestly I didn't understand anything about it yet hehe. They did good to reveal basically as little as possible about the plot. Excited as well!

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I watched Eternals and agree with the general consensus that it's terrible lol, finished Hawkeye and Moon Knight too and enjoyed both those, despite them not being quite as good as Loki or Wandavision.

Inky

Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I don't think Eternals is quite as terrible as film twitter makes it out to be but it certainly has some fairly major issues with it.

Moon Knight was a very positive step in the right direction in terms of the Disney+ stuff; Loki was great too, but all the other shows have been kinda average to bad (WandaVision is brought down by all of the outside Westview stuff and an awful finale sadly)

anyway. all anybody should care about is matthew murdock

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • That's exactly what I thought going into it, "it can't be as bad as I've heard" but then imo it absolutely was. Easily the worst MCU film by quite a large margin.

Can't say I had the same opinion on Wandavision, to me it's the second best MCU series yet just under Loki, I guess Moon Knight now taking up third best (at least for me personally).

The cameo at the end of Hawkeye was defo a highlight for it, and can't wait to see more of our boy Matt in the MCU too!

Years
  • I finally found the time to finish Ms. Marvel!

I was a bit disappointed in the amount of filler considering it was only a 6 episode series but overall I loved it.

What did y'all think of it?

Years
  • Ok peeps... at SDCC they announced the next two Avengers movies!

Spoiler:

Both will be in the same year: 2025

These are classified as phase six!

Inky

Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I finally found the time to finish Ms. Marvel!

I was a bit disappointed in the amount of filler considering it was only a 6 episode series but overall I loved it.

What did y'all think of it?

I really liked it it was my fav of the Disney+ shows overall!

Iman killed it

Back