• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Need To Win!!!.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • As a child I was fiercely competitive. I hated losing and would spit it if I lost and burst into all sorts of fits of rage. Losing was just something I despised. Nowadays considering I'm like 10 years older, losing isn't as bad as my younger self thought. I mean, losing sucks yeah but it's not the end of the world. By nature I am a competitive person, but only when I need to be. If I need to beat others because I won't get "x" or get into "y" or earn "z" benefits then I will fight tooth and nail to get what I want. I've done it at school and I probably will continue to do it throughout life. I like to achieve, aim high, aspire.

When I don't need to be competitive then I'm pretty chill. I'd much rather spend the energy buying a irish choc mocha at my favourite cafe, go out with friends or chill on PC. :p

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I hate it. I lost my ex-best friend to competitive pokemon. :( So, it's always been something I've frowned upon. I just don't understand why people need to be like this. I mean, whatever happened to having a good time? Isn't that what really matters?
    Actually, playing Pokemon competitively is just writing a story. At the beginning you pick your characters that you want to use, give them their personalities in a way so that they all are unique, while also supporting the other team members as well. As soon as you finish your characters, you let the story unfold (battle with them). At this point you basically have two options how it progresses: it's either you make it a story of glorious victory or a complete failure. But unlike an actual story instead having your readers who can tell you if there's something off with what you've written, in a competitive story, your opponent acts as a reader and when he finds something off in your story, he wins.

In both cases, writing a story and playing competitive, if something is wrong, you as the initiatior want to improve. It's either because your characters didn't work so well in the environment you set them up, or something you overlooked while creating the story (battling opponents), but in both cases, the more you practice, the better you get and the better your story becomes.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
  • Yeah, I'd say so, though I have pretty low self-esteem so I don't really care so much about winning as I do giving it my all and showing what I've got... Whether or not I actually have much at all.

Years
  • If only you could see how upset I was getting when playing in the Mario Kart 8 group last night when I just couldn't win, you would know how competitive I am. I am always trying my best to win no matter how big or small the competition is.

Mario Kart always brings out the competitive spirit in people. Nintendo should put a disclaimer on them, saying that it could ruin friendships.

That being said, I was extremely competitive when it comes to Mario Kart as well and will stop at nothing to win. My boyfriend will never let me down for the one time I was in first place with a red shell, slowed down for him to overtake me only to throw it at him, haha. Called me an inappropriate name for doing so, but it was totally worth it to see his reaction.

I'm also competitive when it comes to badminton. Having played the sport for 7 years, I feel that I have the appropriate skills and technique to not be beaten by those on a lower level than myself, but I absolutely love the thrill of facing against people who are better than myself and only forces me to play at my best.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Mario Kart always brings out the competitive spirit in people. Nintendo should put a disclaimer on them, saying that it could ruin friendships.

I think enough people have played Mario Kart now that the disclaimer is no longer necessary :P

Years
  • I'm someone who can't take losses very well. It was especially bad when I was younger, because I lost so many games and it made me feel like I don't have the skills to succeed. I even sometimes just sit and watch because when I attempted said game in the past, I always came last or had a terrible score that was worthy of humiliating me.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    But yeah, I'm also more of the type to have fun with competitions. Getting angry or upset about things is no way to go about with it.

yeah seriously. i have watched my roommate have meltdowns over League of Legends so many times.

it's frustrating to lose, but there are better ways to handle it. |D

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • I am not competitive at all. If anything, I'm more surprised when I win. If I do compete for something, it's usually when I think I have a really good chance of winning, which isn't very often. >.>

Back