• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Need To Win!!!.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    As much as I like to be competitive, I lack any kind of fighting spirit and as soon as there's something to lose, I give it up even before the "battle" started.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I'm competitive as fuck when there's little to no arbitrary restraints. Because of this I'm often seen going sky high above the requirements with projects that I don't even finish 'cause I run out of time :P

I'm all about doing things the best possible way. The most efficient way, the way that keeps the most people satisfied, the cleanest/most standard way, the method that gets the most for the least. Competitiveness drifts in and out of that sphere I suppose.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • If only you could see how upset I was getting when playing in the Mario Kart 8 group last night when I just couldn't win, you would know how competitive I am. I am always trying my best to win no matter how big or small the competition is.

Sirfetch’d

I am a little too competitive for my own good. I used to like not care at all but now I really get into competitions. When I lose in competitive battling I get really angry and delete my team and start over. I will teambuild for hours until I get a new one. When my sports teams lose I get mad and pout and yeah I am just very competitive XD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I don't like to be competitive. I like to take every loss as a win for me, really. I do try hard but not "competitive" hard.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • I'm only competitive when I'm able to pour lots and lots of time into a game/sport's learning curve, but I stop being competitive if I can't keep up my commitment towards it. Tennis and Smash Bros. are pretty good examples of this. I used to spend several hours every single day practicing them, but now I haven't even been able to invest time into practicing like I used to anymore, which caused me to give up entirely. Sometimes I would try and keep up to date with them, but I don't have nearly as much free time as I used to. =/

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I'm not always competitive, but can be when I need to. For example, my degree is a very competitive course where only a certain number of people can get into the follow year. Being competitive means I usually preform at my best.
    However, elsewhere I do know when I should hold my hands up and where enough is enough to my competitiveness.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    lol not competitive unless it's just fun with a friend. i lose the will to care too quickly

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I'm only competitive when I'm winning. :P

Loosing just takes the competitive spirit right out of me.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I'm not too sure. As a kid, I was really competitive when it comes to video games lol. Now it's all in good fun. Now, I'm really not competitive and much more laid back, and idc if you beat me or not. I'm too modest for my own good haha.

Although, it may have to do with my junior high school and high school years, where beating people in exams was really easy, to the point where I stopped caring about being competitive 'cause no one really beats me anyway.

Right now in university though... I really need to sharpen up my competitive senses again. It's been so long since I've had this feeling of losing to others in academics. :T

pkmin3033

I used to be competitive at school, but my competition stopped caring and eventually I did as well...after all, other people's results weren't going to get me to where I wanted to be. I can't say I particularly enjoy losing, but then who does?

These days I don't really care if other people are better at something than I am; there is always going to be someone out there who is no matter how hard I try, and as long as I either produce the results or perform to a good standard, it doesn't matter to me how I compare to others.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • I try but then again whether it be smash bros or mario kart Shawn is there to remind me that in the end I'm still a scrub at both. If I happen to win I take it as someone being really bad or I get lucky.

Lucid

I'm the farthest thing from competetive, I don't put that much effort into anything.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I personally think there's a difference between being competitive and not liking to lose. Well, no one likes to lose, but you know what I mean.

When you're competitive, you aim to be the best. You're going to lose sometimes, and it's how you handle that, that determines if you're competitive, in my opinion. A competitive person will take each loss, and try to improve themselves through it, while someone who isn't will get angry and film themselves punching a hole through the wall for youtube. Everyone gets bummed out when they lose, but when winning is the only option and defeat leaves you raging hardcore, I just think that's being a sore loser. Being competitive is all about taking your loses, learning from them, and hopping right back in there to try to learn some more. Well, at least in my opinion.

Taking what I said above, I'm an extremely competitive person when I'm into something. Back when I was really into competitive battling, I would save just about all my replays, whether I won or not, and study them to see what I could have done differently. If I lost, I determined the move that lost me the match, and made a mental note to not do similar stuff in the future. I learned from my mistakes, and hopped right back in. Same thing goes whenever I lose/die in LoL. If I'm playing ADC and die in a team fight, I'll reflect on what I did, and how the enemies were able to latch onto me. I could complain that my team didn't peel for me, or whatever, but it's my fault initially for putting myself in a position where I could be focused, so I'll avoid making those mistakes in the future.

Now put me in a game where I don't care, and I won't really try. I'll try to win, yes, but I won't reflect on mistakes or try to be the best I can be. Instead, I'll just have fun.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I hate it. I lost my ex-best friend to competitive pokemon. :( So, it's always been something I've frowned upon. I just don't understand why people need to be like this. I mean, whatever happened to having a good time? Isn't that what really matters?

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I'm not quite in competitive spirit, and mostly doing things just for fun, but at times, when it comes to attending some tournament or whatnot, I can be quite serious, but even on the seriousness I still want to have great time.

Back