• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

What's your favorite Pokémon [of Each Type]?

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2023
Normal-Ditto.I never really used it in my team,always at the daycare.But in one nuzlocke run,it saved my life against mortys gengar as it was my last pokemon.

Poison-Seviper.I mean,look at it.It looks dangerous.Clever.And that tail.Its awesome.

Steel-Wormadam(Trash cloak).Its not a good battler in my team but it just looks adorable.

Rock-Archeops.Hard choice.There are so many good rocks.But this one just looks amazing and if i keep its health above half,it kicks butt.

Ground-Gliscor.It looks awesome and it has good stats.

Electric-Eelektross.It is a good team pokemon and it looks awesome.When i first saw it i thought it was water type.I was wondering why the hell it wouldn't learn surf.XD

Fire-Emboar.At the beginning of black,i used to hate it and despise it.But in black 2,when i used it,i grew to love it cause he was sooooo strong!!!

Water-Dewgong.It just looks amazing but it is a bad choice for battling.

Grass-Liligant.This was a close call between megaium and liligant.Liligant just looks elegant.But if it has ability own tempo combined with petal dance,its unbeatable!!!!

Dark-Honchkrow.It looks like a boss.Its also an amazing looking bird with a FEDORA!!!

Fighting-Scrafty.It looks amazing and its powerful.I always catch a female scraggy and feel compelled to nickname it 'Kayla' for some reason.

Psychic-Gardevoir.How could you not love this amazing,beautiful and powerful thing??

Ghost-Mismagius.It is just awesome with a fedora.I always thought of it as honchkrows sister.I mean, it loos awesome!!

Ice-Weawile.It looks amazing.Another sibling of honchkrow and mismagius?It is just so badass.

Flying-Mandibuzz.It is Honchkrows rival!!!!Plus mandibuzzz just looks so awesome.

Bug-Ariados.It looks awesome and i use it in my team every chance i get.

Dragon-Hydreigon.It looks awesome,amazing stats,amazing typing.

rageahollic33

Roserade is the best
Years
My Favorite Pokemon is Umbreon I just the way it looks. I think it has the best design of all the eeveelutions. it has one of the best shiny sprites. and it is really cute.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
Well... I'll start with water, because my absolute favorite Pokemon is my fave of this type!

Water: Vaporeon, because I love the water more than almost anything else. That and the fact that it resembles my second favorite real animal. (A cat of course.)

Fire: Darmanitan. I really was surprised that I like this one more than Ninetails. I love Foxes and I despise any Simian creatures. (Disgusting things, those lowlifes.) But it just seems to embody fire more than any other Pokemon I've seen.

I'm leaving out all the other types because I can't really think of anything to say about my other favorites. I mainly like them because of their Pokedex entries, or their looks, or the fact that they're so overpowered. Not much that is worth putting down on a forum. (Only because it would turn into a list instead of a description. When you guys can say why you like one because of it's design, it's usually an awesome post/Youtube comment/tweet.)

Granzen

Pokefan
Years
Best pokemon each type not legendary

What your Best pokemon each type not legendary?
Here mine:
Fire : Arcanine
Water : gyarados
grass : Roserade
electric: electivire
ice : Walrein
Normal : Slaking
Fighting : Lucario
Psychic : Alakazam
Dark : Hydreigon
Ghost : Gengar
Poison : Drapion
Bug : Excavalier
Flying : Staraptor
Steel : Metagross
Rock : Tyranitar
Ground : Excavalier
Dragon : Salamence

Years
What your Best pokemon each type not legendary?

The best pokemon of each class in my opinion (looking not only their power but their appearance) is:

Fire : Magmortar (It's one of my favorite pokemons)
Water : Swampert (Their inmunity to electric atacks is cool with their design)
grass : Chikorita (I know she isn't powerful, but i love the chikorita of Ash XD)
electric: electivire (I agree with Fikri, their design is so intimidate and great power)
ice : Lapras (looks like Nessie, and good resistance)
Normal : Linoone (I change snorlax for linoone, because this last for his ability pick up and hm slave great work are always a important member in my in-game teams)
Fighting : Lucario (I agree again with fikri)
Psychic : Alakazam (One of my 2 most favorite pokemon). Its like Neo of matrix with the spoon)
Dark : Hydreigon
Ghost : Gengar (Great speed and attack)
Poison : Weezing (A lot of times save the team rocket to be captured)
Bug : Yamenga (Nice speed and attack)
Flying : Staraptor (True, great attack and speed)
Steel : Metagross (No doubts about this one)
Rock : Tyranitar (I think the same)
Ground : Marowak (With their bone, duplicate his power)
Dragon : Dragonite (One of the overrall more powerful pokemon, but mainly he's my other most favorite pokemon)

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
Years
@FIKRI 29: Excavalier is a steel type Pokemon, not a ground type...

Anyway, here's my list:
Normal: Zangoose.
Tied with Breloom for favorite Pokemon overall. It's like the perfect package of power and looks.
Flying: Dodrio
Ah, the badass looking bird. Stat-wise not the greatest out there, but he gets the job done.
Grass: Breloom
High attack, good looks, and a combination of my favorite moves & abilities has made Breloom one of my all-time faves.
Fire:Arcanine
This was a tough one to decide, in the end I just went with the one I used most. I don't really think I have to explain why he's awesome, right?
Water: I'm not even going to bother here, the list would be waaayyy too long. XD
Electric: Electabuzz
Yeah, I'm not a great fan of the majority of gen IV's new evolutions. Even though Electivire is by no means bad, in terms of both power and looks, I still prefer Electabuzz.
Ice: Walrein
Hmm, I never been too fond of the ice type. Mostly because half of my older teams were all weak to it. XD Loved Walrein and Lapras though. Still got that Team Aqua's Walrein card I got together with Pokemon Sapphire.
Bug: Leavanny/Heracross/Scizor/Ninjask
Can't choose =/
Rock: Archeops
There aren't many rock Pokemon out there which I'm particularly fond of, but damn, this one is pretty epic. His ability is a let-down, but y'know, you can't have it all. XD
Ground:Donphan/Sandslash/Flygon/Marowak
Each of em got its own charms, I really can't choose.
Steel: Lucario
One of the most popular Pokemon out there. Like most others, it's the combination of power and looks that earned him a spot.
Fighting: Hitmontop Technically speaking, Breloom should be here on the list as well XD
The Flexible break-dancing brawler, he became an instant favorite the moment I saw him. XD Funny how I never actually raised one in-game... They are so hard to get...
Poison: Vileplume
Comes in as a second on my fave grass Pokemon list, I've always adored Vileplume. Rivals Breloom when it comes down to looks, too bad his offensive moveset isn't too great.
Dark: Houndoom
Alright, his defense may suck, but that's about it. XD The rest is shear awesomeness.
Psychic: Reuniclus/Grumpig
Another tie! While Reuniclus packs more power than Grumpig, I really can't choose between the two of them.
Ghost: Mismagius
Perhaps the only Sinnoh introduced evolution I really like.
Dragon: Haxorus
Power, swords + dragon dance and dem fangs make for another favorite.

Copy this, makes it easier for y'all to fill in.
Spoiler:

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
ok I think I'll answer this thread now

Glitch: M'
Fire: Flareon
Electric: Pachirisu
Flying: Togetic
Nomal: Wigglytuff
Water: Horsea
Dragon: Dratini
Dark: Sneasel
Rock: Geodude
Ground: Sandile
Poison: Trubbish
Bug: Swaddle
Psychic: Munna
Fighting: Lucario
Steel: Bronzor
Ghost: Gengar
Grass: Bulbasaur

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Oh god this is always so hard for me to choose D:

Normal: Minccino
Fighting: Mienshao
Flying: Togekiss
Poison: Roserade
Ground: Swampert
Rock: Tyranitar
Bug: Leavanny
Ghost: Mismagius
Steel: Empoleon
Fire: Ninetales
Water: Vaporeon
Grass: Sawsbuck
Electric: Flaaffy
Psychic: Espeon
Ice: Froslass
Dragon: Garchomp
Dark: Umbreon

Years
Best pokemon each type not legendary

Normal: Persian
Flying: Pidgeot
Grass: Torterra
Fire: Emboar
Water: Gyarados
Electric: Pikachu!!!
Ice: Lapras
Bug: Butterfree
Rock: Golem
Ground: Hippodon
Steel: Steelix
Fighting: Primape
Poison: Muk
Dark: Umbreon
Psychic: Alakazam
Dragon: Dragonite

Years
Normal: Linoone
Flying: Pidgeot
Grass: Sceptile
Fire: Ninetales
Water: Vaporeon
Electric: Raichu
Ice: Glaceon
Bug: Shedinja
Rock: Golem
Ground: Sandslash
Steel: Magnezone
Fighting: Infernape
Poison: Muk
Dark: Houndoom
Psychic: Espeon
Dragon: Flygon

Years
My favorite non-legendary Pokemon of each type are largely on the same as my list as the ones that do include them, but nonetheless:

Bug - I always try and say that I don't have one favorite Pokemon, but if I did, it'd be Butterfree.
Dark - Umbreon, as it's probably my favorite of the Eeveelutions, and one of my favorite designed Pokemon.
Dragon - I don't really care for many non-legendary Dragon types, but I guess I'll go with Hydreigon.
Electric - This type usually flip-flops depending on my mood, but right now my favorite Electric type would be Rotom.
Fighting - While Fighting is it's secondary type, I have to put Heracross here since Butterfree takes up my Bug spot.
Fire - I can never decide if I like Ninetales or Arcanine more, so they'll have to share this spot.
Flying - Pidgeot, since it was always a staple on my teams in the earlier games.
Ghost - Gengar would probably be my #2 favorite Ghost type, but I'll put my favorite in another category.
Grass - Another tie, this one between Sceptile (one of my best starters to date), and Breloom (my first shiny Pokemon).
Ground - A type I rarely use, so I've got no real favorite. Dugtrio, Excadrill and Nidoking would probably me my top 3, in no particular order.
Ice - Froslass is easily my favorite Ice type, and was arguably my most useful Pokemon throughout the entire 4th gen.
Normal - Lots to choose from, but the Blissey in Emerald's Battle Factory helped cement it as my top Normal type.
Poison - Strangely, my #1 Poison Pokemon is already listed as my #2 Ghost Pokemon. I guess the runner-up Poison type would be Crobat.
Psychic - Unown, but definitely not for their usability in battles.
Rock - I would've put Aggron as my top Steel Pokemon, but I can't say there are many other Rock types that I care for, so it goes here.
Steel - Empoleon gets the nod here, as it was probably the strongest starter aside from Sceptile I can remember using.
Water - I've got two. Starmie, because it was the anchor of my FireRed team when I traded it over, and Magikarp- just because.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Hm...so much choices, so much types, so little to pick...anyway, here goes.

Normal: Sawsbuck, it has a unique typing, and a good distribution of moves and stats.
Psychic: Reuniclus, it can take hits, and can return with full force...it's also rather cute c:
Ghost: Either Chandelure or Gengar, they're both awesome in terms of design and looks.
Steel: Magnezone, its unique typing serves it a good purpose, as I recall it resisting a whopping 12 types.
Rock: Well, if it was legendaries included, Terrakion would have this spot, but since legendaries aren't allowed, I'll go with Aggron. Its one hell of a powerhouse.
Water: Gyarados - it looks menacing, has impressive strength, and it's always mad.
Poison: Crobat, it's really fast, looks like a boss, and has a good movepool - as I say: "Gotta go fast".
Grass: I don't use this type a lot, so I'll go with Breloom. Its Grass/Fighting typing wrecks most Pokemon competitively, and who doesn't love mushroom/kangaroo things?
Ground: Krookodile - its name makes me think of a hoodlum (I guess it's Scrafty's bestie), and..well, it's a crocodile.
Fire: Darmanitan, it's a flaming monkey thing, with fire eyebrows. Cool stuff.
Ice: Mamoswine is one of my fav Ice types, since it's strong, bulky, and Dawn has one.
Flying: Easily Staraptor. It outclasses the other starting birds in my opinion, and was one of my staple Pokemon during my Platinum replay.
Bug: Volcarona is my favourite Bug-type, since it's a giant flame moth, and is said to have been related to sun deities...
Dark: Weavile is a really cool Dark-type, and my pick here, since it's a cunning weasel with good power in its attacks.
Electric: This spot goes to either Rotom or Jolteon...Rotom is a versatile Pokemon, as it has its different forms, my personal favourite being Wash Rotom. Jolteon's a fast, powerful and cool Pokemon, which served a main purpose during my first Platinum playthrough.
Dragon: The Hackersaurus! Haxorus is definitely a beastly Dragon-type, strong, and looking like a menacing Dragon-type (look at dem tusks), something you don't want to mess with.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Wow, it's really difficult to pick.

Normal: Porygon-Z. I really love its animation and it's the only Normal type that I've used regularly in competitive play.
Flying: Staraptor, definitely. I've never gone a DPPt run without getting one because its power is so consistent through the game.
Grass: Lilligant. It's one of my favorite Pokemon of all time and I used to do decently when I battled with it.
Fire: Infernape. Infernape Infernape Infernape Infernape Infernape.
Water: Feraligatr, which is a close second for my favorite final evo of a starter behind Infernape Infernape Infernape.
Electric: Electivire or Rotom. We'll go with Electivire because I like to get physical.
Ice: Vanilluxe. [laughs hollowly]
Bug: Heracross and this will never change no matter how many Bug types are introduced.
Rock: Cradily, oddly enough. I used to love using Cradily.
Ground: Hippowdon. We made many gen 4 memories together.
Steel: Skarmory, I guess. I like using them in gen 3 but I've never used one in any other game.
Fighting: Infernape Infernape Infernape Inferna If we're counting secondary types, Gallade.
Poison: I like Skuntank a lot but Weezing is better.
Dark: Murkrow, both in-game and competitively.
Psychic: Mesprit. It's pretty flexible, but it doesn't specialize in offense or defense and that hurts it.
Ghost: Mismagius, but I never really learned how to use one effectively.
Dragon: No clue, really. I've probably used Flygon a lot more than any other, but I liked using Dragonite more.

Years
Hm kinda awkward to be choosing Poison, Rock, and Ghost types considering I just posted about why I don't like them but...here we go:

Water:
Kingdra - It's a Water/Dragon type...making it weak to almost nothing except Dragon.
Grass: Roserade - Albeit limited in its movepool, I like its Special attack stat, plus it's relatively quick on its feet.
Fire: Quilava - No, not Typhlosion. I like Quilava just because it's still lovable, before it evolves into this ferocious...um...badger? (iunno please don't hurt me)
Electric: Eelektross - Never really used many Electric-types but it is definitely the most memorable one, as it's weak to nothing due to its Ability.
Flying: Staraptor - Hm...too many to choose from but I definitely like its Attack compared to the rest of the regional birds.
Psychic: Gardevoir - Great Sp. Atk'er. I remember not using one in Emerald on my first playthrough of it, but every time after that I've used one.
Bug: Volcarona - Special Attacker once again, plus its type combo is very intriguing (Bug/Fire).
Ground: Torterra - It was my first starter (I played Pearl first), and even though it's weak to many types, I still like it.
Normal: Persian - Really, I have no idea. I never used Normal-types, but I found all of them to be okay. Persian fits my money-hoarding style (Pay Day!)
Ice: Walrein - Water typing offsets weakness to Fire and Steel (although it does add weakness to Grass and Electric). I also like its stats in general (even if it may be a bit slow).
Dark: Houndoom - It's a hellhound basically, and it's a relatively great Pokemon that I have on my team.
Dragon: Dragonite - Hard toss-up between Dragonite, Kingdra, and Garchomp but...Dragonite has a massive Attack stat, and balanced stats otherwise. Learns a multitude of moves, too.
Fighting: Lucario - Fighting + Steel...what a great type combo. Aura Sphere is nice as well.
Steel: Empoleon - With access to water and ice moves, I personally like Empoleon the most of all the Steel types.
Poison: I can't really choose one, I don't use them often. Although one exception would be Crobat. It's pretty decent as a Poison-type, regardless if I hated Poison-types or not. Toxicroak comes in at a close second. (Okay maybe I don't entirely hate Poison-types...)
Rock: Archeops - It's just a great physical sweeper. Its move pool is also pretty good.
Ghost: Meh....Gengar. I've never used Ghosts much. Shedinja comes in second

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Oh man, way too many choices, but here it goes:

BUG - Scyther. He has an awesome design and is a badass Bug
DARK - Zoroark. Love his ability and his overall look
DRAGON - Zekrom. My all-time favorite legendary, love his typing
ELECTRIC - Electabuzz. Loves him as a Kid and still do!
FIGHTING - Blaziken. My faovrite Starter and the original Fire/Fighting Pokemon!!
FIRE - Houndoom. Looks badass and has a unique typing
FLYING - Gliscor. Awesome and unique typing, great looks
GHOST - Haunter. Best Ghost ever, period.
GRASS - Ludicolo. Aka, the party and always happy Pokemon!
GROUND - Camerupt. Numel is adorable, Camerupt can dish out
ICE - Mamoswine. Love his Stone Age looks
NORMAL - Snorlax. Do i need a reason?
POISON - Drapion. He is a Scorpion for god's sake!
PSYCHIC - Gallade. Can whoop you in so many ways
ROCK - Crustle. Earth-Crab Power
STEEL - Aggron. Very powerful and great design
WATER - Starmie. Love at first sight, awesome in battle

Years
Hmmm many fit my likeness but I will only mention one in each type categorie.

Bug : Volcarona
Dark : Darkrai
Dragon : Salamence
Electric : Zekrom
Fighting : Mienshao
Fire : Charizard
Flying : Briavary
Ghost : Chandelure
Ground : Groudon
Ice : Kyurem
Normal : Eevee
Poison : Drapion
Psychic : Gallade
Rock : Tyranitar
Steel : Metagross
Water : Blastoise

pLaster

musketeer
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2016
Normal ~ :Wigglytuff -- YOOM-TAH!!

Fighting ~ Scraggy, the coolest of all the Pokemon. If you do not think Scraggy is champion cool, you
need to reconsider your lifestyle choices because wow. Get dunked.

Rock ~ Pupitar. I like Pupitar better than Tyranitar because, I mean, just look at it. Thing's hilarious.

Ground ~ Garchomp ~ ♩ Ground type is my favorite! ♥

Fire ~ Blaziken because wow I had one in Diamond and wow

Electric ~ Luxray! Electric is my least favorite type v-v

Water ~ Pelipper or Kabutops. Agh, another type I hate x~x

Dragon ~ Latias, she's pretty and graceful and has one of the better movies.

Psychic ~ Deoxys. Deoxys has the best movie. Plus something seems so inherently sad about Deoxys...

Grass ~ Celebi. Admittedly Pokemon 4ever is horrible but I liked it as a kid. Also Celebi is really cute.

Dark ~ HONCHKROW COULD YOU HAVE A COOLER POKEMON† I THINK NOT

Flying ~ Vespiquen... There are a lot of awesome flying types, but Vespiquen is well-thought out and has all those customized bee moves and the like, so she's special! ^_^

Ghost ~ Giratina, because it has capital awesome moves. Also Golurk.

Bug ~ Ledyba. You cannot put Ledyba on a Poke Walker and tell me it's not the most hilarious thing to watch waddle back and forth.

Ice ~ I recently recruited a Glaceon in PMD whom I named Galaxy. So I'll say Glaceon.

Poison ~ Skuntank, not sure why.

† Excepting Scraggy, of course.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
BUG -
284.png
It's the cutest and knows good moves.

DARK -
461.png
It's typing is cool and its style, idea and appearance is awesome.

DRAGON -
384.png
It's the most epic dragon.

ELECTRIC -
025.png
Call me boring, but Pikachu will always be great to me.

FIGHTING -
392.png
Blaziken was great but Infernape makes for an even more badass fire/fighter, being a monkey.

FIRE -
005.png
Almost as cute as Charmander and almost as cool as Charizard. The best of two worlds and the best lizard and I think best starter also, imo.

FLYING -
227.png
Almost tied with Pidgeot and Braviary. Skarmory is just a bit too awesome to have in Ruby to not be my favorite.

GHOST -
094.png
There are some pretty nice ghosts, but Gengar is the original and best Kellogg's Cornflakes

GRASS -
470.png
A cat/dog thingy that can throw leaves and stuff, squeeee!

GROUND -
105.png
I've always loved Marowak's design and style.

ICE -
615.png
I like its design and it was really fun to use in a RP :D The chains are useful.

NORMAL -
335.png
Was my main battling pokémon every dime I played Ruby. I liked it in the anime as well.

POISON -
034.png
He was nice to have in Yellow and among the various pokémon who shares the body shape with him, Nidoking is the best looking one I think.

PSYCHIC -
439.png
It's extremely cute and has a lot of great attacks.

ROCK -
526.png
If you'd want only one rock type, this should be it. It's a titan.

STEEL -
212.png
This fighter is probably many people's favorite in one way or another, because its design is great for a bug and it's strong.

WATER -
120.png
Always liked its design, even though I found the Poliwhirls more useful in the games, where Staryu was a glass cannon. Liked it better than Starmie, even though its evo was much stronger.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
Years
LUGIA

Pokémon Silver was my first game and when I caught Lugia, our eyes met and we knew we were meant to be together. the moment was too much to bare this was it, this creature was the one for me.

Just the looks the power and nature of Lugia, and the Anime topped it all off for me.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Normal - Porygon
137.png

Fire - Flareon
136.png

Water - Cloyster
091.png

Electric - Jolteon
135.png

Grass - Leafeon