• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate SM Roast/Hate/Complaint/This makes NO sense thread

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
Years
  • yeah. honestly, in my opinion, the alola forms were not THAAAAT good. I mean, come on. would you rather have more new pokemon, or just (in my opinion) mostly ugly revamped overhyped kanto pokemon? i hav had enough of kanto. i cant even find any alola pokemon on my first dang try. wherever i frickin' go, theres nothing but knato. i am sooo sick of kanto. somebody help us. i will cry if the new alola forms are kanto pokemon. and introduce more pokemon, for cryin out loud. and where the freaking hell is a national dex? and finally, i forgot to mention, acerola is a freak. i dont like her.

Years
  • yeah. honestly, in my opinion, the alola forms were not THAAAAT good. I mean, come on. would you rather have more new pokemon, or just (in my opinion) mostly ugly revamped overhyped kanto pokemon? i hav had enough of kanto. i cant even find any alola pokemon on my first dang try. wherever i frickin' go, theres nothing but knato. i am sooo sick of kanto. somebody help us. i will cry if the new alola forms are kanto pokemon. and introduce more pokemon, for cryin out loud.

Maybe Alola has connections to Kanto? That's my probable guess, especially since the protagonist did move to Alola from Kanto. Also, the Alola Forms being 1st Gen Pokemon was meant to honour the 20th anniversary, as annoyed as I was because other generations were being deliberately ignored.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I too am getting sick of the Kanto focus. Every time they do this, i want kanto to not return more and more. They won't give us the break we need from it so that we would eventually want a new kanto game. By shoving kanto constantly in our faces, it has become less attractive and that is not okay.

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
    Years
  • One really annoting thing I noticed about the games is the lack of tip-toeing. I know, i'm retarded, but didn't we all have a fun time sneaking up on pokemon in ORAS? we could get it again. it would be really fun. now getting back to oras, i dont know why they ditched super training. come on, it was fuuuuuuuuun. even if you didn't give a rats butt about ev's, they were still fun, with the little medals and hard mode and stuff. especially the football (soccer) ball shooting one. i miss oRAS, and thats why im replaying it. i mean, what happened to the eon flute? why couldn't they add a soar feature?

and what about pokeamie, THE FREAKING PSfreakingS, and the Buzznav? the dexnav? the dope map? i understand adding rotom was dope, but i mean what the heck? we dont have a rotom thats literally been given to us? imagine having a national dex, and we dont have rotom in it. how dang ironic. i really miss gen 6... i hope they learn something in USUM, and even if they dont bring back walking pokemon or something like that, they could atleast marke the players life less pissed off. but all in all, SM were OKAY. they were fun, but dem characters SUCKED. I WILL KILL ALL LILLIE AND HAPU FANS> I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND EAT U ALIVE> actually, probably not. as i said earlier, i am a retard. no. forget everything i said. i just need to went out my feeling about that DANG PSS.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2017
    I liked the game mancanics for the most part, but I wish There had been something similar to Battle Mansion from XY (outstanding for leveling and monies) my biggest gripe (keeping in mind I didn't start until Heart Gold) is how Frickin impossible it is to get the ALOLAN dex entries. Caught the Tapu's and ultra beasts no problem but I can't get a Emolga to come out. And only being able to catch some pokemon IF the one that poped up calls for help REALLY?!?!?! ARGGG. Almost forgot I HATE fishing! I liked the three rods and fishing in big bodies of water The three levels of rods made it BETTER for catching something other than Luvdisc and magicrap. I agree with the "other world" if you gonna link it to the opposite game make it so you can catch the other exclusives, buy different TM's or fossils CATCH other pokemon!!!!

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I liked the game mancanics for the most part, but I wish There had been something similar to Battle Mansion from XY (outstanding for leveling and monies) my biggest gripe (keeping in mind I didn't start until Heart Gold) is how Frickin impossible it is to get the ALOLAN dex entries. Caught the Tapu's and ultra beasts no problem but I can't get a Emolga to come out. And only being able to catch some pokemon IF the one that poped up calls for help REALLY?!?!?! ARGGG. Almost forgot I HATE fishing! I liked the three rods and fishing in big bodies of water The three levels of rods made it BETTER for catching something other than Luvdisc and magicrap. I agree with the "other world" if you gonna link it to the opposite game make it so you can catch the other exclusives, buy different TM's or fossils CATCH other pokemon!!!!

Not sure what you mean by Emolga because that's not an Alolan Pokemon, but having newer Pokemon be rare (Ribombee, Mareanie, etc) was not the best idea.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • Fishing, no postgame, Trials were exciting, but not exciting like Gyms were, Kanto coddling, too much focus on Lillie.

My only gripes about the games, other than that, I enjoyed them.

Years
  • Oh, the postgame? There was none! No legendaries from other reason, right? WHY? I thought Alola was PART of the Pokemon universe. Bad move GF.

Remember that S/M was the first game of 7th Gen, which means you won't get previous-gen legendaries in the postgame right off the bat (unless if you're X/Y). US/UM will likely have catchable legendaries in the postgame.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Not a gameplay rant, but i HATE how fucking lazy the twin's in-battle model is. IT'S JUST 2 DAMN PRESCHOOLKIDS. That's lazy. Would it hurt for the programmers to make just 1 (or 2) more model? And not just plaster 2 damn existing tranir class models and call it a new one. This also applies to any other similar case. Fuckin'. Also, there are some other in game models that feature the youngster/A.T./whatev but this time they hold items, like tenis rackets or somethin. I guess that's better than what I mentioned above but that's still fucken lazy bah. I dunno wats worse, this or Gen6's magical case of trainer overworld sprites looking totally diff from their in battle models (there is literally one that basically looks kinda young in the overworld sprite, and when you battle her she ages like 20 years older bah)

AND WHAT IS WITH THE RIDE PKMN MUSIC??????????????????????? It sucks. SUCKS. I always exit and reneter wherever I am, just to get rid of that STUPID music. I wouldn't even call it music. Its just a bunch of sounds, no NOISES. It SUCKS. I HATE IT.
    Please tell me a few things hich you don't like, or outright HATE, becuase I know how you feel. And please tell me all of you hate the ride pkmn music.

Wat lol i actually kinda like the ride music i thougt it was funny. But i can see why you dont like it. Also i cant stop laughing at your post wtf.

Purist of Black Water

[b]The way we were...[/b]
    Years
  • The protagonists' never ending smile that just looks ridiculous with some cutscenes. When Lillie left at the end it was just the most heartless thing to see your character smiling through it all.
    I felt the same way on this.
    It was like plastered and it couldn't be removed...
    I kind of felt like it was unnecessary.
    Maybe to promote the game more to children?

Back