• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald Renev

war rock exe

Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!
Years
  • A question: How does Exp. Share gains exp for off-battle pokémons? I thought it was 50% of in-battle pokémon for each pokémons in gen 6 & 7. But apparently it was reduced when I played. It slows the pace for leveling up, so it takes me more time to retrain my team. If it counts a issue please fix it.🙏

Oof, I agree! It's soooo hard to grind because the Pokémon are low leveled and the experience share doesn't really help:/

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I've found a bug that crashes the game.

I was playing the hack on real hardware via a flash cart of course I accidentally pressed A on the board in the Pokemon School in Rustboro and the game just hard locks I thought that was odd and wanted to see if it happened on an emulator as well and it does like the exact same issue crashes on this screen it does the whole the cart is no longer in the console noise when it crashes even on a emulator.

ut8XmEm.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2022
    Oh yes! I got this bug either, but it seems less important than others, I just ignore this bugy board and continue my journey...

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I miss when HM's were forgettable in this game:(

Step 1: Download Hex Helper Double OH!
    Step 2: Unzip it and place your Theta emerald Renev rom inside
    Step 3: Run Hex Helper and open your rom
    Step 4: Select the box 'Delete-able HM's
    Step 5: It will save the rom changes automatically.

Enjoy your game. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2022
    Was watching the video that the creator did have the Ultra Beasts and I bought the Beaats ball but the problem is that, where are the Ultra Beasts? Are they in the game since the creator has them?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2023
    Was watching the video that the creator did have the Ultra Beasts and I bought the Beaats ball but the problem is that, where are the Ultra Beasts? Are they in the game since the creator has them?

Yes. You could catch those pokémon since day 1 of this release.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2019
    5. Can I ask if the exp share that shares exp is the same as X & Y or Emerald? Because it gives very little exp like 1/5 or 1/6 of the remaining exp to the rest of the Pokemon that does not participate of the battle. I thought X & Y gives 100% of the exp to the main and the remaining Pokemon gets 50% of the exp each.

I have the same complaint right there. Too much little exp is given to Pokémon if not in battle unlike in Theta Emerald Ex which is very fixed/much like XY/ORAS. Opponents have way higher level of pokémon which makes the game way more difficult.

I'm a huge Filipino fan of you and your Emerald rom hacks since that game is where I have started my childhood with my GBA. And the inclusion of stuff from Gen IV and onwards is badass. But please fix the bugs so me and the other players of your rom hack can enjoy the game much more.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2022
    5. Can I ask if the exp share that shares exp is the same as X & Y or Emerald? Because it gives very little exp like 1/5 or 1/6 of the remaining exp to the rest of the Pokemon that does not participate of the battle. I thought X & Y gives 100% of the exp to the main and the remaining Pokemon gets 50% of the exp each.

I have the same complaint right there. Too much little exp is given to Pokémon if not in battle unlike in Theta Emerald Ex which is very fixed/much like XY/ORAS. Opponents have way higher level of pokémon which makes the game way more difficult.

I'm a huge Filipino fan of you and your Emerald rom hacks since that game is where I have started my childhood with my GBA. And the inclusion of stuff from Gen IV and onwards is badass. But please fix the bugs so me and the other players of your rom hack can enjoy the game much more.

~~~Shake hand~~~
    Finally another fan of this hack shares the same thought about exp, I hope this issue will be fixed soon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2019
    Not sure if this is a flaw, but secondary and hidden abilities seem a lot more common than they used to be. I wouldn't mind if the rate was every 3 or so Pokemon, but the rate seems almost broken. I searched for a simple pick-up Zigzagoon for over an hour (sped-up, mind you) with no luck. Thankfully Teddursa has Pick-up as a secondary ability, and I found one with no problem. However now I am trying to breed a Skrelp that has Poison Touch... And have had no luck. Something I also noticed was that hidden abilities seem to leak through to the offspring of 2 non-HA parents. Hopefully this is a bloodline concept (which would be interesting), but I'm at my wits end trying to figure this out.

To the creator, don't get me wrong; I really* adore playing Renev so far. My friends and I have merrily played together since Theta Emerald EX. Thank you for all of the hard work you've poured into these projects, it really shows and makes them incredibly enjoyable.

Edit: I just noticed that one of my Pokemon's abilities changed from a normal ability to a hidden ability. Something tells me this is a bug... Just putting it here for reference.

Before evolution:
    xQ5rJX8.png

After evolution:
    3lMZdTt.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2022
    Not sure if this is a flaw, but secondary and hidden abilities seem a lot more common than they used to be. I wouldn't mind if the rate was every 3 or so Pokemon, but the rate seems almost broken. I searched for a simple pick-up Zigzagoon for over an hour (sped-up, mind you) with no luck. Thankfully Teddursa has Pick-up as a secondary ability, and I found one with no problem. However now I am trying to breed a Skrelp that has Poison Touch... And have had no luck. Something I also noticed was that hidden abilities seem to leak through to the offspring of 2 non-HA parents. Hopefully this is a bloodline concept (which would be interesting), but I'm at my wits end trying to figure this out.

To the creator, don't get me wrong; I really* adore playing Renev so far. My friends and I have merrily played together since Theta Emerald EX. Thank you for all of the hard work you've poured into these projects, it really shows and makes them incredibly enjoyable.

Edit: I just noticed that one of my Pokemon's abilities changed from a normal ability to a hidden ability. Something tells me this is a bug... Just putting it here for reference.

From Ex to Renev, there are no more than two abilities for every pokémon, so I suppose LC choose two of three abilities he think worth to stay, and the deleted one most likely not a hidden ability. Sometimes it is broken for catching pokémons, but it also makes the game more challenging at some points.

But you are right, ability changes after evolve actually a bug as far as I agree.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2019
    I have found this bug that totally ruins the game. I am not sure if this applies to all steel types but my Doublade got poisoned by Toxic Spikes from a Drapion. Need I say more? Please fix this, no rush but I really love hacks like these.

Also me and my friend cant link battle, he tried it with himself with two phones and it worked but when we tried it together we couldnt because it would say no connection. Also, just like in the EX version, both parties cannot mega evolve, I think only the wifi client can. Mega evolution is still possible in link battles but not on both parties together.

Anyways, still best hack ever, you can battle your friends with updated mechanics on your phones only. Thank you for making this hack.

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
    Years
  • This is absolutely wonderful. I remember playing TEEX back then and I actually thought it was the best Pokemon ROM Hack of all time because of the amount of changes it had. For real, this is fantastic, and I can't believe I only saw this now.

Thank you LC <3

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Man! I had an absolute blast Nuzlocking Theta Emerald EX and now it's time to play a Nuzlocke of Renev! Thank you so much for all the work you've put in!

Years
  • Well it seems that bugs will not be fixed that are there since the creator retired from hacking. Wonder if someone wants to fix the bugs and release that patch if the one who did asks the creator if he can release the bug fix patch.

Note he basically said that in the vid he posted on New Years day.

Back