• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do you feel nostalgic thinking about Kalos yet?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Technically the games were only the previous generation but they WERE released four years ago! I just had the XY anime on TV in the background while I was doing something else and hearing the battle theme from the games made me so happy :)

Do the games make you feel nostalgic yet or do you not have much connection to them?

VoltYellow

And then Everyone Dies™
Years
Actually I don't feel so nostalgic when I think of pokemon x and Pok?mon y as I feel when I think of regions like Kanto and sinnoh.... But yes sometimes somethings remind me about the time when I was really excited for pokemon x that I watched all the episodes in Japanese with English sub... Yep happy times

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
No not quite, they're still fairly new only being released 3-4 years ago. I'd say give it a few more years.

Years
I think it's still to early to be nostalgic, and I doubt I'll have those feelings or the games. X/Y (imo) were the worst entries in the series. But I guess they were the transition to 3D Pokemon games...

Vragon

I actually enjoyed the XY games a lot. Sure they were easy, but I really appreciated the care they put in the lore. Plus the training for battle system like frontier/Subway/Masion, was something that kept me playing the game despite the lack in post game. I wouldn't have minded a Z version.

ORAS was good for the latter reason and a few thing in regards to pokenav. more megas, contests (for some reason) and training. XY and ORAS were good things for me in regards to my more postgame and story interest (more of the lore aspect and the legends despite Xerneas's OPness and the whole Life Death cycle).

So far I do like these games over Sun and Moon. While I didn't like the rivals (save Serena), Team Flare was okay but not interesting, it was easy a bit and training is a bit hard during the game itself.

Also, it brought the pokeverse my favorite non legendary Electric type Heliolisk as well as 2 dragon types I really like (Being Noivern and Dragalgea). Sure it was more of a transition and arguably a filler gen it was fine to me. Also, Sycamore. (The anime was okay but DP is my favorite season so far)

Unown Seer

Earnest
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2020
I don't feel nostalgic about any generation but the first two (not even their remakes). I do remember the climax of BW rather fondly, though.

XY are my least favorite games.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
i dont feel nostalgic, but i do really like this gen and feel sad that it's so underappreciated. i remember when these games came out i literally got emotional playing it because of how different and improved everything was. so much changed because of these games so it's hard for me to just forget them

Unown Seer

Earnest
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2020
I appreciate the 3D models for the Pokemon, as opposed to the overworld. Also, the idea of a big Pokedex was refreshing, even though 300-350 is a better balance. And Fairy was a welcome addition.

That's about it.

Last edited:
Years
Didn't play much of Kalos to be honest. I played Y only once. Ooh boy mega evos and fairy types and I don't know I got bored easily of it. But hey, we didn't get a Fire/Fighting this time. We got a Fire/PSYCHIC! YAY DELPHOX! Though, my original choice was going to be Froakie, but somehow, I decided Fennekin. Oh, and we got Kanto starters in the big city whose name I forgot. That was fun. Give it til Gen 8, then i'll be nostalgic.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Even though XY was alright I don't really feel nostalgic towards it since it's like only 3 (or 4?) years old. However since my playthroughs of it were decent I feel I might feel nostalgic for it soon, maybe in a few several years or so.

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
Years
Nah, not yet. After another four or five years though and it will be for sure. I'm finally starting to find Pokemon Black/White nostalgic, so take that as you may.

I just felt like X/Y left a lot to be desired. Yeah, mega evolution was rad, but that's all I found that was exciting during my playthrough of Y. I've only done one playthrough, and unfortunately the nostalgia factor isn't strong enough at the moment to bring me back for more.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Kinda, XY are not my favorite Pokemon games, but I haven't touched them since 2013 so I almost feel nostalgic, maybe in a few more years.

pkmin3033

The only way I'll feel nostalgic for Gen VI is if Pokemon keeps getting worse like it did with SM...if SM is the kind of quality we can expect going forward then yes, I absolutely feel nostalgic for Gen VI, but otherwise...

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
As many have said, it really hasn't been long enough for true nostalgia to set in. That being said, almost everything in my life was a mess at the time, from school, to family, to health; it's hard for me to really be "nostalgic" for that period. When I think back on it, I just muster an internal sigh of relief that it's behind me.

That being said, actually playing the game was fun, despite the story being lacking. It made an nice escape from life, and there was Espurr and Boweon. Getting to use both an Espurr and an Eevee at the same time is always a plus for me cx

Back