• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Anyone found a shiny yet?

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
  • Caught another one today in a random max raid with someone online.

Attachments

• IMG_20200105_145702.jpg
      IMG_20200105_145702.jpg
      69.2 KB · Views: 7

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Yesterday I got very lucky and got a square shiny, HA Alcremie from a max raid battle

Been years since I got a non guaranteed shiny really

Now I just gotta figure out exactly what moves, EVs, etc to give her

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Yup! A shiny Pangoro and a mess of shiny Magikarp. They're not too great stat wise but still a nice find. :)

Cilicica

Ghost Type Lover ~~
    Years
  • Haven't tried shiny hunting yet but so far i've gotten one of the event shiny magikarp, a shiny giga gengar, and I joined a raid for a shiny giga hatterene but wasn't able to catch it :( Got the game late December though so not bad!

Sirfetch’d

I've hatched 3 shinies so far! Through using the Masuda Method I have hatched a shiny Farfetch'd, Eiscue, and Zigzagoon! I also have a few Magikarp from the event a few weeks ago.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Thanks to a sppf friend and a local chat I'm in (GO players who also play swsh), I've picked up a few Shinies now; Alcremie (a few!) and a Lapras. Gmax in each case too, and some HA. :B

I never really bothered with Masuda Method, but may try to pull over some foriegn Ditto via Home when that finally launches for Pokemon breeding and see how I go with that.

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • I'm shiny egg hunting currently in Sword.
    From this thread: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=19247&page=958

I've gotten:
    Scorbunny
    Rookidee
    and 2 Eevee. In a row! The second was quite by accident. I'm using both nurseries to shiny egg hunt two Pokemon at once, 2 eggs of one and 1 egg of the other and didn't realize I had two Eevee eggs instead of two Sobble eggs.

I'm currently working on Sobble and Rookidee again as the first was a female and I'd prefer a male.

I did attempt to hunt Rookidee in the wild but I think I got gypped. I maxed out the odds with the 500+ battles and I am certain the 628 that brings it to sans Shiny Charm but got nothing.

Masuda Method FTW.

Sirfetch’d

Sword and Shield are the first games I've avidly shiny hunted in and I've definitely been rewarded for doing so. I've not encountered any random shinies yet but have bred quite a few and have gotten some from random raids I have joined online.

Currently I have the following shinies:

Eiscue
    Phantump
    Zigzagoon
    Cramorant
    Corsola(Johto form)
    Sirfetch'd
    Shuckle
    Magikarp
    Squirtle
    Alcremie
    Frosmoth
    Mimikyu
    Runerigus
    Roselia
    Milotic
    Dusclops
    Hattrem
    Toxtricity

I also have a few that I transferred from home and a few that were given to me by colours!

Years
  • I found a shiny Grapploct when I was grinding. Only encountered 30 or so at the time. Caught it. I have been playing the games for years and this is the second shiny I have ever found organically (wasnt chaining or breeding etc).

I saw a video on YouTube of a person running into a shiny Lunatone in the Wild Area only to have it use explosion...

Years
  • Haven't encountered ond yet, but I'm only jusr getting around to the 8th gym so I haven't particularly been looking yet. Hoping to find at least one after I've finished the main story.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2020
    Here's my most recent! 320 eggs later. Shiny hunting is like my entire post-game. Now i'm hunting shiny Giratina in Gen 7.
    Spoiler:

The Foogle

Gone For Good
    Years
  • I sure did, around the time the shiny magikarp raid happened, first karp raid i check and it's shiny XD

but my most recent was a shiny zekrom in USUM

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • On my last file I managed to get a few Shiny Magikarps/Gyarados from the Raid Event back in January, and I also managed to hatch a Shiny Yamask. Still yet to find a shiny on my current file, though that isn't particularly surprising as I have yet to start Shiny Hunting and might not even start at all since its not something I've particularly cared about before.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2020
    In my main game I've never run into a random shiny in the wild and only found a few through raids or breeding - including getting my shiny Sobble in the very last egg I had before I was going to give up.

Then in my joke Yamper-only run that I just finished, I found a shiny Skwovet when trying to dodge pokemon in the Slumbering Weald!

Years
  • I have! A shiny Rookidee leapt out at me while I was diddling around on Route 2, grabbing a Wooloo for my brother who had somehow managed to completely avoid even seeing any in the wild. I named her Prisca, and she's a Corviknight now!

Back