• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC: $20 Platinum Supporterships!

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    i apologize in advance for yall that have to keep up with my name changes lol

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • i thought it wasn't supposed to be about the perks, but about being rewarded for helping pc? so now there's gonna be plats who donated less than crystal-tier supporters but get more rewards

yep, seems fair to me

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    i thought it wasn't supposed to be about the perks, but about being rewarded for helping pc? so now there's gonna be plats who donated less than crystal-tier supporters but get more rewards

yep, seems fair to me

yeah hate to break it to you but people who donated solely for the good of pc as opposed to a mix of wanting the perks and wanting to support the community are few and far inbetween
    and if we're really being honest, most people donate solely for the perks anyway. trying to go moral about this is just off-putting lol

plus it's not like this is a constant thing, it's literally in the spirit of black friday. people who come late are just gonna be subject to regular prices like how things are in the real world.

i sure did take advantage of this opportunity! thank you, jake!

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • yeah hate to break it to you but people who donated solely for the good of pc as opposed to a mix of wanting the perks and wanting to support the community are few and far inbetween
    and if we're really being honest, most people donate solely for the perks anyway. trying to go moral about this is just off-putting lol

it's more about the fact that "it's not about the perks, it's about helping pc" is what they claim themselves. this shows that they don't really mean that

plus it's not like this is a constant thing, it's literally in the spirit of black friday. people who come late are just gonna be subject to regular prices like how things are in the real world.
    because you should totally do sales on people's charity

P.S. I hope you all are donating to support PC and the community we all love.

and yet you're putting the highest tier supporter on sale for less than crystal tier is, giving them more rewards for a fifth of the normal price, while crystals who paid more get less, and people who are already plat get to watch their super special fun not listed tier be given out like it doesn't mean anything anymore

how can anyone in their right mind say people want to donate for any reason but the perks?

Last edited:

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    it's more about the fact that "it's not about the perks, it's about helping pc" is what they claim themselves. this shows that they don't really mean that

i don't know what to say? it all goes towards helping pc anyway? it's just an easier avenue to doing so for a short period of time.

because you should totally do sales on people's charity

you overestimate the level of charity involved in these donations

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • that's kinda my point tho
    they are the ones claiming it's for the good of pc, you should donate out of the kindness of your heart, not because you'll get nice perks
    but no one does that
    i did it for the perks
    and now with this they're going against their own word, offering the perks on sale to pull in donations
    you can't claim it's not for the perks then

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • Hey guys, no mystery here.. Its just a thing we wanted to do to get on the Black Friday train.. if you think it cheapens anything, like any sale, it really doesn't.. its just a sale and you should either take advantage of it if you want or don't.

OK get perks for cheap in the BLACK FRIDAY SALE!

Reactions: Her
    Years
  • Platinum supporterships now being cheap and offering more whereas Crystal now seems to cost more but give you less features? This is definitely an odd direction, but it can be tempting as well.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • i just wanna put it out there that "donations" by definition aren't purchases. why you "should" or "shouldn't" donate, or what people actually donate for (i.e. charity vs perks), is irrelevant. for some people it's about the perks and for others it's actually about supporting pc, but that doesn't really matter either way. the fact is that it's a donation and donators were never told otherwise - thus, there's no real requirement to provide anything to anyone for any amount of money. that's exactly what makes it okay to one day say "if you give us x money you get y stuff", then change x or y whenever. in lots places donations don't even come with any sort of reward beyond an automated "thank you" email.

and if you did consider it a purchase and you're now bothered about other people getting more than you got for less money, that's exactly how sales work. it's a sale, people are gonna get stuff for less money

Last edited:
    Back