• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Entertaining Chit-Chat (sportsproof!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    What's good about Hulu compared to stuff like HBO and Netflix? I'm not sure Hulu is popular (or possible to have at all) in Sweden, I haven't really looked it up and know nobody here who has it.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I hate it when any service (Hulu especially does this in browser and on app) when you set a quality level, and step away to build a decent readahead buffer and then come back to find it only buffered like 10s on high-quality when you had it set to low.

This is irritating, especially if you're on limited dataplans

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • ...You could say that. I'd call it just not properly respecting a user session preference. It's bad UX, especially if I set a specific lower quality and let it buffer a bit to avoid interruptions if the connection lapses.

They also like to hide away quality preferences in some versions of the UX. Also a very bad choice. I should be able to stream LQ; ESPECIALLY IN A MOBILE APP!

-Izuna-

Banned
    Years
  • With the persistent fragmentation of media over the past few years, I think it's going to be a looooooong time before all of these new services end up cannibalising each other and we return to the monoculture where that can happen.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I just really hope Netflix will continue to be splendid and useful for a few more years at least :*

Currently watching Once Upon A Time. Last time, I apparently stopped watching after the first ep of season 2. This time I'm working my way through s2. It's really clever and cute!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I haven?t watched that one in ages. Are they still airing new episodes?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I really don't know haha, I have 5,5 more seasons to catch up on xD

Years
  • I just really hope Netflix will continue to be splendid and useful for a few more years at least :*

Currently watching Once Upon A Time. Last time, I apparently stopped watching after the first ep of season 2. This time I'm working my way through s2. It's really clever and cute!

Spoiler alert: it just goes downhill from there. Actually, nvmd, I hear that the current season is much better. But what a slog to get there. A shame, cause it starts great.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Decided to watch the episodes of Once Upon A Time that had the characters from Frozen in them. Not bad, to be honest.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Decided to watch the episodes of Once Upon A Time that had the characters from Frozen in them. Not bad, to be honest.
    I just finished that season. The actors they picked for Elsa and Anna were absolutely perfect. Their behavior and looks were just SPOT ON. And Sven <3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back