• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen are you over with Gen 7 ?

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2018
    it's been almost 3 long years since we saw the introduction of Gen 7 , which i think it's one of the best , you think it's finally time to move on? or u think new games of gen 7 need to be released?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I've been over it yeah, haven't really touched it in a while, am waiting for the 2019 Pokemon game

3 years for real though? I can't help but feel that's incorrect.
    Gen 7 has existed in three separate years: 2016, 2017, and 2018, which is what I assume the OP means, but it's not exactly three years old really. November 2016 to the present is a span of more like 1.75 years or so.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    I've been over it yeah, haven't really touched it in a while, am waiting for the 2019 Pokemon game

Gen 7 has existed in three separate years: 2016, 2017, and 2018, which is what I assume the OP means, but it's not exactly three years old really. November 2016 to the present is a span of more like 1.75 years or so.

I was about to say "Damn, these past 3 years were insanely fast". I figured it'd been less than 2 years.

Years
  • I always go back and play my Pokemon games. Even though I'm not playing the Gen 7 game anymore, I'm sure I will always go back to it like I always do with my Pokemon games.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2022
    I still haven't done everything in Gen 7. At least for Ultra - there's 5 totem stickers "somewhere" and I haven't got Guzzlord (though I worry I might have missed him forever since I left his dimension before fighting him and never found it again).

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Haven't touched it since SM. Played it twice out of boredom. I skipped out on USUM which was a cash grab. Looking forward to and cautiously optimistic for the gen 8 Switch game in 2019. It better be good. Gen 7 was kind of a let down.

Last edited:

LillieAndNebby

Someone (not) very special!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    Gen 7 is very special to me. Its story made me think of my earlier childhood and how much I actually miss it! It enabled me to dream like young me and I got emotional several times.

I know that it sounds very childish and esoteric (and it is) but I like to dream and I think that everyone should take a journey to the past!

See, I will never forget Gen 7 and I do not want it to end (but we'll see what Gen 8 will be like)!

Last edited:
    Reactions: Kai
    Years
  • 7th Gen is what I consider the last generation to me. A Nintendo Switch is something my family likely won't be able to get due to its hefty price tag, as well as the fact I don't really like the games going back to single screen.

If 7th Gen truly was the end, it was a decent ride even if it had its flaws like Festival Plaza and hand-holding.

Years
  • I didn't really liked Sun at first and had problem with even bringing myself to finish it and then ignored Ultra versions. But in March this year, when I saw some random video from Alola I decided to give the games one more chance and started playing Sun again few days ago. So far, I'm enjoying it much more that in 2016 and if I'll enjoy it until the end, I consider getting Ultra Moon.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I haven't really played gen 7 since late 2016. Wasn't a fan and 2016 is when I started shiny hunting in gen 6 so more interested in that then playing gen 7.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I'm not really done w/Gen Seven yet. I might be an odd one out, but I like generation 7. I'm not quite ready to move onto gen 8, so I'm glad it was delayed a year.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • For a lot of things gen 7 did right, it did a lot wrong that make it hard for me to go back to. Normally at this point, I would have replayed the games a fair number of times. I've only finished Moon once, and not even the post game. I have still never finished or even made it halfway through Sun or UltraMoon. I never bought UltraSun. And this is coming from someone that replays Pokemon games quite often and usually has a copy of each version of the game, sometimes extra. So this is quite a feat.

I love a lot of the Pokemon and characters. The locations are nice too and there's some good music. Probably one of the better stories in the series, as well. But it also suffers from too much handholding and a lot of drawn out cutscenes. It makes going back to it a chore. I mean it was fun the first time through, but that's apparently all I can make it through. It just doesn't interest me enough. If you enjoy it, then hats off to you, but it just wasn't my cup of tea. I've been trying to muster up enough enough energy to pick UltraMoon back up and enjoy it, but it just isn't happening. So...I'm done, basically.

But not with Alolan Dugtrio. I will love the diggy friends for the rest of my life.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2022
    Even though I like Gen 7, I am ready to move on to Gen 8 now.

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Nope, I'm never really done with my games, even after I finish them. Even spinoff games like pokepark, I'll replay those from time to time. Recently I've been playing through a few gen 4 games, so once I finish those I'll likely move on to some more recent ones.

Years
  • I'm not yet ready to move on to Gen 8. I still don't have a Nintendo Switch.
    Also, I've been leveling up a lot of Pokemon to try in competitive play.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Nah, I'll probably end up revisiting it between now and the 2019 game release. While I haven't played them for a while now, I do feel that the games have good replay value.

Years
  • Not yet, just picked it back up since I never finished US. Want to at least finish the Alola dex and get all the items/battle all the trainers before I move on. I like breeding a lot too, so I'll probably pick up the shiny breeding again. Maybe this time around I will get that female shiny Buneary. <3

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I haven't played any Gen 7 game that much since beating Team Rainbow Rocket and catching most of the legendaries in the Ultra Wormhole, although I will probably come back to this Gen sometime in the future as I have with every previous Gen.

atmmachine11

Jumping portals since 1997.
    Years
  • I played through Sun and absolutely loved it, I got it at a midnight release in my City and that was the first midnight release I ever went to. I actually had fun waiting super long to get it, but the main fun factor was obviously seeing how many Pokemon fans lived here and chatting with some of them/my friend who was with me along with my sister. After beating Sun as well as the post game and clocking in a few hundred hours (maybe around 200 which I know is nothing compared to most of you), I ended my journey there and have not touched it since. Ultra Sun and Moon look like they would do absolutely nothing for me seeing as they add almost nothing new to the plate aside from some Ultra Beasts which I don't care for, a few new forms and a little bit more story. So I think I'm done with Gen 7 until I ever feel like playing through Sun again. I'm currently playing through Crystal for the first time and loving every minute of it. (I played Gold as a kid but never Crystal)

Back