• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 19, 2018
First of all, thank you for your job!
I have a question... does this hack support multiplayer features such as link/trade/battle with a friend which is playing the same rom? I'm curious because some hacks doesn't have the second floor inside the PC.

Thank you in advance

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Yes, you have to edit the level cap in A-Map.

AMap does not handle the level cap. You can change the level to anything from 0-255 but if the cap is the default 100, it won't change the cap for you.

DizzyEggs program is what changes it. He made it possible to change the cap to anything up to 255.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 24, 2018
Pls help asap. I cant get past the 6th gym. When tate and liza sends out their gardevoir the game freezes. This happens everytime regardless of what i do. Any help is appreciated

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Pls help asap. I cant get past the 6th gym. When tate and liza sends out their gardevoir the game freezes. This happens everytime regardless of what i do. Any help is appreciated

Yeah, the 7th gym leader is a double battle, and those often cause problems. You can get past the gym, but sometimes it requires several restarts.

The longer their Gardevoir is out on the field, the more likely it will freeze. Oh, and i believe moves that hit both opponents are more likely to cause this too. Let me know if you are able to continue.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
First of all, thank you for your job!
I have a question... does this hack support multiplayer features such as link/trade/battle with a friend which is playing the same rom? I'm curious because some hacks doesn't have the second floor inside the PC.

Thank you in advance

I was able to battle with two different flash cards. Make sure to make a back up of the save file. It removes most of your items and all TM's/HM's afterwards. It's an unfortunate glitch.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Mt. Ember (FireRed) on the left, Mt. Ember (Emerald) on the right
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
AMap does not handle the level cap. You can change the level to anything from 0-255 but if the cap is the default 100, it won't change the cap for you.

DizzyEggs program is what changes it. He made it possible to change the cap to anything up to 255.

I'm not too familiar on how to use his program. Can you explain how to change the level cap back to 100?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I'm not too familiar on how to use his program. Can you explain how to change the level cap back to 100?

What part are you confused on? It's fairly straight forward.

You need to 1. Rename your copy of Theta emerald to BPEE0.gba

2. Make the changes in the Python file via Notepad++ , including changing the level cap to 100 (it should support reverting it back to 100)

3. Save the Python file you modified with Notepad++

4. Open Command Prompt (or Power shell if on windows 10) and paste in the commands it says in the readme and hit enter.

Those are the basic instructions. Refer to the readme inside to double check.

If it worked, there should be a test.gba (the new modified theta emerald)

Also, when modifying the game with this program, you almost always need to start a new save file (at least that was the case for me)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
What part are you confused on? It's fairly straight forward.

You need to 1. Rename your copy of Theta emerald to BPEE0.gba

2. Make the changes in the Python file via Notepad++ , including changing the level cap to 100 (it should support reverting it back to 100)

3. Save the Python file you modified with Notepad++

4. Open Command Prompt (or Power shell if on windows 10) and paste in the commands it says in the readme and hit enter.

Those are the basic instructions. Refer to the readme inside to double check.

If it worked, there should be a test.gba (the new modified theta emerald)

Also, when modifying the game with this program, you almost always need to start a new save file (at least that was the case for me)

I'm confused by it all entirely. How do I access the python file? What am I supposed to open with Notepad++? How do I even make the change specifically to the level cap? Sorry. This really isn't that easy for me.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I'm confused by it all entirely. How do I access the python file? What am I supposed to open with Notepad++? How do I even make the change specifically to the level cap? Sorry. This really isn't that easy for me.

I just tried lowering the cap, it does some strange things to the game. May (first battle) had a Lv 4 Bunnelby instead of her Level 7 starter. Not sure how that happened but my guess is, it modified some other things too that can't just be reverted back without undoing the changes it made (Which, I have no clue what those are)

Also the Erratic EXP growth rate formula was changed by Dizzy because It actually became easier to level up passed 100. I bring that up because I can't undue that formula.

It looks like you're stuck with having to play with the cap modified. (I personally love that change, but a lot of people don't) Maybe try to reach out to Dizzy? He hasn't been on here in a while though...

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
I just tried lowering the cap, it does some strange things to the game. May (first battle) had a Lv 4 Bunnelby instead of her Level 7 starter. Not sure how that happened but my guess is, it modified some other things too that can't just be reverted back without undoing the changes it made (Which, I have no clue what those are)

Also the Erratic EXP growth rate formula was changed by Dizzy because It actually became easier to level up passed 100. I bring that up because I can't undue that formula.

It looks like you're stuck with having to play with the cap modified. (I personally love that change, but a lot of people don't) Maybe try to reach out to Dizzy? He hasn't been on here in a while though...

It's okay. It's not the end of the world if I can't lower it back to 100. I appreciate the help though. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 24, 2018
"Yeah, the 7th gym leader is a double battle, and those often cause problems. You can get past the gym, but sometimes it requires several restarts.

The longer their Gardevoir is out on the field, the more likely it will freeze. Oh, and i believe moves that hit both opponents are more likely to cause this too. Let me know if you are able to continue."

Yeah i was able to continue only when i used the cheat code to catch trainer's pokemon. The code converted the battle into single battle and after turning off the code i was able to attack them though the graphics went a bit glitchy as it was supposed to be a double battle but now it was a single battle.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 11, 2018
Anyone who can apply the updated Emerald Battle Engine in this game, so the bugs and glitches found by some people who play this hack will be fix. Gen 1-6 monsters are still good. I hope hackers out there could read this lol.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 2, 2018
Hello, it's good to see the creator is still active, anyway is the latest version still the ones on feb 28th, 2017? I'd like to play this game again there's nothing as fine as this one i still have my save file..

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Hello, it's good to see the creator is still active, anyway is the latest version still the ones on feb 28th, 2017? I'd like to play this game again there's nothing as fine as this one i still have my save file..

Theta Emerald from Feb 28th of last year is the most current version, yes.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Hey, I'm not sure when it happened, but my HM and TM bag is completely empty. Is there any fix to this?

It's a common issue. It usually happens after going into the battle tent. It's broken. Also, it will happen when doing a link battle, over two emulators or flashcards. You need to start a new game. If you used save states, now would be the time to restore it.

Back