• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 22, 2018
Is the rom bugged? I just started a new game and my Starters are learning moves earlier than the ones from their movelist . ( ie. Torchic learns Sand-attack at lvl.7 and Peck at lvl. 10 ) . I'm using the "21-2-17" version of the rom.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Is the rom bugged? I just started a new game and my Starters are learning moves earlier than the ones from their movelist . ( ie. Torchic learns Sand-attack at lvl.7 and Peck at lvl. 10 ) . I'm using the "21-2-17" version of the rom.

I wouldn't cal that a bug, Maybe outdated? Odds are, if it were bugged, Torchic would learn moves like Ominous Wind, Discharge, etc. There is a more recent version from the 27th/28th of February. Google that pre patched rom.

On that note, there are some bugs, I reported them earlier, but just in case...

Spoiler:

Besides those, and maybe a few others, the game is very playable, fun and can be completed.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 22, 2018
I wouldn't cal that a bug, Maybe outdated? Odds are, if it were bugged, Torchic would learn moves like Ominous Wind, Discharge, etc. There is a more recent version from the 27th/28th of February. Google that pre patched rom.

On that note, there are some bugs, I reported them earlier, but just in case...

Spoiler:

Besides those, and maybe a few others, the game is very playable, fun and can be completed.

Thanks for the response,

I downloaded a new prepatched version of the rom (2-27-17) . The problem still persists. Now idk if this is intended or not.

mWzGrYT.png

Also can't patch the UPS for some reason.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 22, 2018
Just watched a playthrough on youtube. Moves being learned early was intended . Just thought it was a bug.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 29, 2020
So ive been playing this hack for 2 days, and i love it! What ive found out is that my version is outdated. So can someone kindly tell me where i can find the latest one, and if its a patch file, what do i put it on? Also can i run my current save on the newly patched rom? TIA

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
So ive been playing this hack for 2 days, and i love it! What ive found out is that my version is outdated. So can someone kindly tell me where i can find the latest one, and if its a patch file, what do i put it on? Also can i run my current save on the newly patched rom? TIA
The latest version was released on Feb 27, 2017. Don't bother messing with the patch file. There's something wrong with it. Use Google instead.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
UPDATE 5/27/2018:
Sorry about not posting in a while, family emergency stuff, but it's getting better. Plus I got a new job working overnight at a store that's a walk's distance from my house so that's convenient. For the new iteration of Theta Emerald, I've decided to edit the order of the Pokémon so that there's more of a selection that you'll get with Wonder Trade. Also worked on de-capitalization because I DON'T LIKE A GAME LIKE THIS. And with Wonder Trade, I've decided to make it available only at the Battle Frontier, because Batman brought up a good point on my latest video: The problem is the legendary pokemon, the game gets unbalanced. Yes, you heard that right, Batman commented that on my video. The only ETA I could give for this to be released is probably going to be either August or September. Maybe earlier idk.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 21, 2019
Nice! Looking for the new download. Good work there!
Theta Emerald works great on my Ez Flash Omega which has RTC.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 29, 2020
Hyped for the new update to theta emerald! But I did have a question... What are the odds of shiny pokemon in Theta Emerald EX, and is there any way to increase it? I ask this because generation 4 and 6 brought us things like the Masuda Method and Shiny Charm. Also, in gen 6 they changed the odds to 1/4096. And they made the Pokeradar. So I'm slightly confused.

EDIT- Also, how does shiny breeding work in this game? Do 3 IVs get passed down, or do 3 possibly repeating IVs get passed down? And does RNG manipulation and Shiny SR Legendaries work? Also, is it possible to trade certain legal pokemon like Shiny Turtwig from this game to Generation 4 games, and then transfer them to later games through PokeBank? I realize these are a lot of questions, but what can I do? I'm very inquisitive.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 4, 2018
All my tm's and hm's were deleted at some point in the battle frontier and my pokedex went back to zero. Every time to pick up a new tm nothing shows up in the bag. I've seen quite a few other people with this problem but I haven't seen anyone mention a solution. Someone PLEASE help I really don't want to start back over

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
All my tm's and hm's were deleted at some point in the battle frontier and my pokedex went back to zero. Every time to pick up a new tm nothing shows up in the bag. I've seen quite a few other people with this problem but I haven't seen anyone mention a solution. Someone PLEASE help I really don't want to start back over

There's not a whole lot you can do. You can't use HMs and key items don't work either. How can you continue without a bike? It sucks, but you do need to start over if you want to enjoy the game.

Maybe trade your pokes over to another copy of TE and trade them back when done? You won't be the OT but it's really the only way l...

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 4, 2018
There's not a whole lot you can do. You can't use HMs and key items don't work either. How can you continue without a bike? It sucks, but you do need to start over if you want to enjoy the game.

Maybe trade your pokes over to another copy of TE and trade them back when done? You won't be the OT but it's really the only way l...

I never said my key items don't work. How do I trade?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I never said my key items don't work. How do I trade?

Fnd an emulator that supports trade via emulator with another copy of the same game. I don't use Emu's, I use two Flash cards, so I couldn't tell you which ones work...

GuruGamer

IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 18, 2019
I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a bug, but using the Old Rod results in wild Pokemon levels 25-35... considering all of my 'mons are in the low 20s I feel like that's not right? Using the 2-27-17 patch.

edit: also there are like no ground/overworld items, but that might be intentional too...?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 29, 2020
Not sure about the old rod, but there are overworld items. It's just that that most of them are hidden, and that the detector can't locate them.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
Anyway we can get some decent past level 100 training? I've got the gigalith that's carried me through the game to 150, but gabby and ty are probably about to run at the sight of me.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
The level cap is either 200 or 250, not exactly sure.

It was originally 200, but is now 250 as of the release from 2-27-17

Anyway we can get some decent past level 100 training? I've got the gigalith that's carried me through the game to 150, but gabby and ty are probably about to run at the sight of me.

There are Pokes Levels 70-90 in Meteor Falls in the room where you face Steven. Metagross, Salamence, Clefable, and may other fully evolved Pokes.

If you want to edit the levels/Species, A-Map supports this game if you expand the program with a hex editor. You can change it to any level/Pokes you wish.

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a bug, but using the Old Rod results in wild Pokemon levels 25-35... considering all of my 'mons are in the low 20s I feel like that's not right? Using the 2-27-17 patch.

edit: also there are like no ground/overworld items, but that might be intentional too...?

Yeah, IDK if LCCoolJ quite understood the fishing rod system in advance map. Even the Good/Super Rods give the same levels as the Old lol

LC removed most of the invisible and some of the visible items. Not sure why.

Back