• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
I'm not very good at mapping...or actually adding tiles, it's stressful af

Spoiler:

G27

Years
Patch not working, UPS patcher for Windows says "Failed! Input File Is Invalid", but UPS patcher works with other ROM hacks. Please provide working file or pre-patched ROM hack.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 21, 2019
It's a common issue. It usually happens after going into the battle tent. It's broken. Also, it will happen when doing a link battle, over two emulators or flashcards. You need to start a new game. If you used save states, now would be the time to restore it.

such a fucked glitch... I'm pretty sure you can get it from simply playing the battle frontier normally too, which destroys the game for people that were playing it to get the gold symbols. also REALLY lame that CoolJ hasn't seemed to acknowledge it and continuously ignores everybody that's been affected. A fix would be great, but he could at least warn people about it on the first page or something so they don't get fucked so easily. By the time you find out about the glitch it is usually too late, unless you keep all your save states, and don't overwrite them regularly.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 3, 2018
How do i get my pokemon past lv. 100? I downloaded the theta ex a week ago and have hit lv. 100 with some of my pokemon, but thats as high as theyll go for me. I also cant mega evolve my rayquaza. Any ideas? Much appreciated, thanks!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
How do i get my pokemon past lv. 100? I downloaded the theta ex a week ago and have hit lv. 100 with some of my pokemon, but thats as high as theyll go for me. I also cant mega evolve my rayquaza. Any ideas? Much appreciated, thanks!

When you hit Lv100, it will not show the bar moving up at all. You can still level up to 250. It only does that at that particular level. Mine are al 121. If you have a rare candy, it should work too.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2022
Patch not working, UPS patcher for Windows says "Failed! Input File Is Invalid", but UPS patcher works with other ROM hacks. Please provide working file or pre-patched ROM hack.

did you checked ignore where it says : if file is invalid?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 11, 2021
Assuming you're using VBA:
- delete all save files
- options->emulator->save type Flash and Flash128
If it still doesn't work, try changing video render to opengl.

Tried these. Doesn't work still. And my video render was already set to OpenGL by default

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Tried these. Doesn't work still. And my video render was already set to OpenGL by default
I'm going to be honest. If you're looking at messing with the video renderer in an older emu like VBA to even get it to work at all (drivers and computer specs aside), it's time to attempt upgrading your emulator. Also throw out your save file again. It most likely got corrupted.

I'll make it easy in this case. VBA itself hasn't been updated in a long time, but VBA's development is majorly continued on in VBA-M and the releases are over here: https://github.com/visualboyadvance-m/visualboyadvance-m/releases

There's others out there that IMO are better, like mGBA, but if you're looking for more VBA there's your place to get it!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 24, 2023
Hey man I have been playing your rom hack for quite some time and already cleared your game twice now so it's a decent game but there are still some bugs seen in the game which may cause some errors in the game, level cap should be limited to 100 although after reaching 100 it only levels up by using a rare candy but 250 is too much level,also I found out that pokemon's above gen 3 sprites after defeating elite four and registering in hall of fame shows sprites of 3rd gen pokemon's like Greninja has a sprite of Venomoth LOL!, I hope you add 7th gen pokemon too in the future updates it's playable but needs improvement.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Hey man I have been playing your rom hack for quite some time and already cleared your game twice now so it's a decent game but there are still some bugs seen in the game which may cause some errors in the game, level cap should be limited to 100 although after reaching 100 it only levels up by using a rare candy but 250 is too much level,also I found out that pokemon's above gen 3 sprites after defeating elite four and registering in hall of fame shows sprites of 3rd gen pokemon's like Greninja has a sprite of Venomoth LOL!, I hope you add 7th gen pokemon too in the future updates it's playable but needs improvement.

The issue with level 100 is that you can continue to level up further, even without a rare candy. On level 100 for some reason, it doesn't display the EXP needed for 101. I like the raised level cap but I know the majority of people don't.

For the second issue, there's a fix that can be applied. As mentioned on his original Theta Emerald mod, it's a limiter in the game somewhere.

Gen 7 isn't going to be added to any of the Theta emerald mods either. He's done fixing bugs for the first two, and the third one he's working on is only the first 3 gens with another region.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Can't patch the Hack. It's telling me the patch doesn't match the file. I've used the same Emerald rom to patch loads of other hacks usign both NUPS and Lunar IPS.

You have to check ignore in NUPS before patching. It will work. Otherwise, download the prepatched rom

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2020
Hmmm...
I get garbage screen when I try this. It seems to be working for every one else but me. I ignored that the patch file thingy but when I try to use the rom hack it gives me a garbled screen start then stops...

Update:
I tried a different UPS patcher and even tried patching with a different hack that worked.
I think your hack file is corrupted somehow as the other rom hack I tried works.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Hmmm...
I get garbage screen when I try this. It seems to be working for every one else but me. I ignored that the patch file thingy but when I try to use the rom hack it gives me a garbled screen start then stops...

Update:
I tried a different UPS patcher and even tried patching with a different hack that worked.
I think your hack file is corrupted somehow as the other rom hack I tried works.

Google this: Theta Emerald EX 2-27. It's already pre-patched. If you get a garbage screen while using that version, there's something wrong with your emulator.

Back