• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Favorite gen 2 water type?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Ehhhh water types in Johto aren't that amazing imo. With that said though - Mantine is incredible. As a kid I LOVED finding it. Felt like the rarest Pokemon in the world.

I do love Azumarill though. Beautiful name, beautiful design... just not that strong in Gen 2 lol I liked more what Kanto brought to the fold honestly!

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I always used to think Lugia was part water. :/ My fave is probably Suicune, but Azumarill and Quagsire get honourable mentions.

Last edited:

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • Marill/Azumarill, definitely. They were pretty rare in Johto, and having previewed one in the Pikachu's Vacation short made it feel that much cooler. The line also has really simple but cute designs, and gaining Huge Power makes Azumarill pretty tough. I used one in W2 and had a blast!

Suicune is a pretty close second though.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Feraligatr...Sorry I'm boring...

Not boring at all! Actually pretty unique really... Feraligatr has such an interesting design compared to Totodile (I personally don't really like it... Toto was cute!) But definitely not boring! :)

Also wow lol I totally forgot about Suicune! Isn't as cool as Entei but it'll pass ;)

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • I want to pick the red Gyarados. I know that Gyarados is a gen 1 Pokemon so he probably does not count... but we were not introduced to shiny Gyarados until gen 2 technically.

If I can't have him then Suicune sounds like a great choice to me. I will happily choose you North Wind.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I'm leaning toward Kingdra, even though Clair's was a pain and I don't have any nostalgic memories of raising one since I never found a Dragon Scale as a kid. Love its design and Neo Genesis card especially.

Quagsire is pretty high up there as well and, as far as in-game use goes, it would probably be my favorite.

If Shinies count, I favor Shiny Corsola over ALL Gen. II Water-types (whether regular or Shiny). It's a lovely shade of blue and, combined with its already-adorable design, it just makes me feel happy when I see it (even more so since I found one in VC Gold last month).

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Lunges and Feraligatr are pretty cool! Mantine and Lanturn as well are awesome to use. c:

forever edit: lunges?? actually genuinely curious as to what you mean lmao

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Lunges haha what

Wooper aka wifi alien is the cutest

But Octillery is the boss. Lanturn is very cute too but I've never used it.

Link119

The Self-Proclaimed King
    Years
  • Not boring at all! Actually pretty unique really... Feraligatr has such an interesting design compared to Totodile (I personally don't really like it... Toto was cute!) But definitely not boring! :)

Also wow lol I totally forgot about Suicune! Isn't as cool as Entei but it'll pass ;)

Yeah!...I like Totodile a lot better and Croconaw the least, but I typically refer to full lines when I refer to favorites of any sort, cause I don't have a specific favorite for all the families...

One of my cats are named Entei...In general, I just love the Gen. II batch so much...

Back