• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon you want in Smash

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I'm not a Smash player either, but Tsareena would be cool. (If it's not in Smash already.)

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2021
    Oh man, I love smash and think about this a little too often, lol.

So first off, I haven't played sword and shield yet, so I'd say Rillaboom and Cynderace look the part, but having not used them personally idk for sure.

That being said, here's pokemon that got passed over in the past that I think could actually work in smash, and some of which I think should have at least garnered serious consideration in the past:

1. Zoroark(Could have had a moveset like Sheik/Zelda).
    2. Heracross
    3. Scizor(can you imagine?)
    4. Alakazam
    5. Pokémon trainer for each gen(so the trainer in the background would be skinned like each game's trainer, ex gen 2 trainer would look like gold, and each trainer would follow the same pattern as the gen 1 trainer with starters)
    Examples of Pokémon trainers Pokémon:
    Gen 2- Totodile, Bayleef, and Typhlosion(though I think flipping the water and fireball starter here would be better received by the populace).
    Gen 3- Muskie, Grovyle, and Blaziken(OMG, imagine Blaziken in smash).
    Gen 4- Chimchar, Grotle, Empoleon(though I am sure most would want Infernape)
    Gen 5- Snivy, Dewott, Emboar
    Gen 6- Already have Greninja, so feels kinda like a wash, Chesnaught could be cool though.
    Gen 7- Same thing but with Incineroar. I would have preferred Decidueye though and don't know how he got missed.

Like I said, I prob think about this too much, lol.

Oh, and Dragonite!m or Tyranitar, just thought of them...but maybe too big?

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    None. But we'll probably get a Gen 8 one

Years
  • i'm basing this on nothing other than gut feeling but if smash were to get a gen 8 rep i'm thinking it'll be cinderace lol

as for who i'd actually want, i haven't really given it that much thought. i'm more of the "surprise me" mentality than having any new expectations of smash fighters these days

Years
    • Seen today
    i'm basing this on nothing other than gut feeling but if smash were to get a gen 8 rep i'm thinking it'll be cinderace lol

as for who i'd actually want, i haven't really given it that much thought. i'm more of the "surprise me" mentality than having any new expectations of smash fighters these days

I'm hoping it won't be Cinderace because there's already two final evolution fire starters (Charizard, Incineroar). But I get that it probably doesn't matter all that much.

As for my own choice I think anything would be cool for Smash. Sort of would like Raichu to complete the family.

Years
  • I'm hoping it won't be Cinderace because there's already two final evolution fire starters (Charizard, Incineroar). But I get that it probably doesn't matter all that much.

i get that, but cinderace feels like way too obvious of a pick lol. pyro ball seems like it'd be easy to incorporate into a final smash, and it feels like it'd be a character that it'd be easy to implement. maybe i'm wrong, though.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2021
    So I haven't played SwSh yet, but as obvious a choice as Cynderace may seem, it seems like there are other options that would work well in terms of popularity, being cool, and being bipedal(not a requirement but certainly helps).

Personally, I'd rather see something like Obstagoon or Toxtricity. Either mon represents the games well from what I can tell, and both appear to be popular so far. They'd also be a little different from what has been included in smash so far, which isn't tough considering SO MANY characters are in smash ultimate.

Personally though, I'd rather see Rillaboom on design alone, but I struggle to see why he would be chosen over Cynderace.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Now, I've only played Smash Melee, and a little Brawl, so I don't really know much about Smash.

But, Pokemon I'd want to see in future Ultimate DLC would be Dracovish, and maybe Toxtricity. For starters, though, I don't really mind which one were to get into Smash, though, I think it's due time they add a Grass Starter...Rillaboom wouldn't be too difficult to implement, I don't think. Tbh, I feel like the Final Smashes of any of the Galar starters could be their Gigantamax forms. That'd work, if you ask me.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Flareon, i wanted it (her?) so i voted for this pokemon on the bulletin (or whatever it was called) but i geuss that never came as Flareons (And Glaceons) are the blacksheep of VG Eeveelutions (mind you Jolteons are the blacksheep of the anime so they need more love too)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I think it would be hilarious and so much fun to play as Jynx, but I highly doubt it

Years
  • I initially read this as "Pokemon you want to Smash" and was getting ready for an amazing thread. Gosh darn it lmao.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • I don't actually play Smash, but I think it'd be cool to have Zacian as the gen 8 representative. I know, I know, it's unlikely, it'd be kinda weird to have it without Zamazenta and it's probably too awkward to codie in a 9 foot quadruped anyway, but - imagine Link and Marth and Cloud Strife and all these other bada** sword users being joined by an equally bada** swordfighting dog? 🐶

Years
  • I don't actually play Smash, but I think it'd be cool to have Zacian as the gen 8 representative. I know, I know, it's unlikely, it'd be kinda weird to have it without Zamazenta and it's probably too awkward to codie in a 9 foot quadruped anyway, but - imagine Link and Marth and Cloud Strife and all these other bada** sword users being joined by an equally bada** swordfighting dog? 🐶

If that actually happened, I would literally never play as another fighter ever again lol

pkmin3033

I initially read this as "Pokemon you want to Smash" and was getting ready for an amazing thread. Gosh darn it lmao.
    ngl I laughed hard. This isn't 4chan or Gamefaqs! xD

Aaaaaaanywho. I sold my copy of Smash Ultimate after I got every Spirit in the base game and never looked back, but I'd like to see them do something different with a new playable Pokemon, rather than go with the obvious starter or underservedly popular anthromorphic Pokemon. I suppose it has to be something Gen VIII, so what about...idk...Centiskorch? It'd control differently to other characters because it doesn't have any arms, it has plenty of physical and ranged attacks to choose from (say, for argument's sake, it could have Ember as it's standard B move, Forward B could be Fire Lash, Up B could be Flame Wheel, and Down B could be Burn Up) and it's Final Smash can be it's G-Max form.

Although if it were up to me and me alone I'd want to annoy everyone and make it Carkol. I would LOVE to see the internet's reaction to Carkol in Smash.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm genuinely curious about this one, all things considered. What would you want Jynx's final smash to be?

I imagine the final smash would be lovely kiss and would function similarly to peach's/daisy's final smash of putting the opponent to sleep to then launch. That or I could see some sort of ice final smash that causes the opponents to freeze solid to allow for launching.

Back