• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Do you prefer binge watching anime, or watching episodes as they release?

Years
  • there's just something exciting about watching an anime as it airs and being able to be excited with people about what may come next (or, if you've read the manga, how it will be translated into animation and watching the scenes unfold through movement!)
    though the obvious downside is waiting a week, sometimes more, for a new episode...

what do you guys prefer? binge watching, or watching as episodes release?

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    normally i'm not getting into a series while it's airing so i typically binge-watch. if it's a series that i got into and it's airing every week once i'm caught up i'll watch it weekly because there is no way i'm gonna have the patience to wait until the season is over out to binge-watch it all at one just give it to me weekly. only way that is happening is if i manage to find some other interest to keep my occupied while the episodes air and then play catch up later.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I wait a while, live my life, forget about it then remember it and come back to binge the series complete or in long running manga/anime like One Piece, finish whatever arc they finally completed.

Years
  • I get more invested in a series if I binge, but some series I can't wait so I'll binge to catch up if I'm behind, then watch weekly.

If it's a series I wanna watch but not to a binge level, I'll watch it at a rate of 1 episode per week and 1 episode per series finished.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I generally am a binge-watcher! I'll start watching one episode then 3 hours later I'm unable to pry my eyes from my laptop/television screen! Also, I typically watch anime that's already finished and on streaming sites so I've never really had to tune in for new episodes.

Years
  • It's not an anime exclusive thing for me, but pretty much any series that I watch I do by binge watching. Granted, I only started watching anime a couple of months ago so things might change, but I hate getting invested into a series, and then having to wait a week (or longer) for the next episode to come out- I'd much rather watch something that's a couple months or years old and watch it all in a couple of sessions.

Years
  • i think i prefer as they release since, as of lately, i've been very short on time >.<
    literally, zoku owarimonogatari is just 6 episodes. but its on my list for more than a week. im at the last episode though :P
    minor edit: apparently, only 6 days have passed since i started watching zoku. finished it yesterday btw. last 6 days felt like 2 weeks, wth O.O

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I try to watch anime on release, but unless it is really interesting me I'll usually just wait and binge it. These past couple of seasons I've kept up on weekly releases on four or five series but then binged through several others the day the last episodes dropped. Binging definitely makes me feel a lot better and makes me feel like I've better utilized my time.

Emilia

~ free falling
    Years
  • I'm more of a binge watch kind of person (except I don't binge watch, I watch a few episodes one day and a few the other), but lately I've been watching episodes as they release, like with Season 3 Pt. 2 of AoT
    It gives me a reason to be hyped for Sundays (my time) lol

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't think I've ever watched a show as it aired haha. I doubt I'd like it either. Binging at my own pace is king :thumb:

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2021
    The only show I've watched weekly was Love Live Sunshine. Also Naruto Shippuden, but even then I binged through Naruto. Same with Pokemon, I binged all the way to SuMo and watched that weekly (I may have seen some of DPPt weekly but I don't remember). I'm usually really late to discover and watch shows, so I almost always watch it at my own pace when it's already out. I don't particularly mind either, but I am impatient so I do prefer watching it all at once ahaha.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'll typically binge watch if there's a series that's been on for years that I only just heard about. The only anime that I watch as it aires are ones I really care about. Others I don't mind stacking up for a hot minute.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    I prefer binge watching, I just too impatient to keep waiting for a new episode, lol.

But the biggest downside of binge watching imo is waiting for the anime to be finished before I can start watching.

Back