• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sapphire Surf - A Journey Like No Other! (Water Type Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
In real life, how much do you actually love the water? Are you a great, or mediocre swimmer, or maybe can't swim at all? Even discuss how much you enjoy water gun fights!

To be honest, I really love the water. I enjoy the pool, But the beach really isn't my thing.
I would say i am a mediocre swimmer. But i have quite a good stamina for someone with asthma. Ive swam over 500 metres across a lake. Took me an hour. Swimming on my back so i wouldn't drown. (LOL)
But i got there in the end.
Water gun fights? Nah, Not these days. Im more into Nerf gun fights. ;)
raider+cs-35.jpg

I have a suggestion for new topic?
Fishing, I think that is relevant to water. lol
Maybe you guys have had some really interesting experiences fishing!
Just a thought.

BTW.
Look what a friend made me for the club~!
I love my signature guys. Maybe if your a member you would like to support the club also.
Kbai! :D

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Oooh, a new owner! :D Great to see how active it's been ever since the ownership was changed :)

In real life, how much do you actually love the water? Are you a great, or mediocre swimmer, or maybe can't swim at all? Even discuss how much you enjoy water gun fights!

Oh, I absolutely despise water in real life, which is why I find it odd that I like Water Pokemon so much. Well, I guess it's not the water part of them I really admire, but more how the Water type in general sport elegant and beautiful designs, as well as some of my favourite moves, both looking at their battle effects, animations and concepts, belong to the Water typing. But as for my opinion water in real life, assuming you're referring to swimming and the likes, I'm not quite fond of it.

I've never been a good swimmer, which can be seen on my marks for swimming classes we had when I was little, and with the enthusiasm I show in swimming today, I doubt I ever will be. Swimming just does nothing for me, and adding (even though it's very unlikely to happen in the waters I've ever been swimming in :p), I just prefer to stay on dry land. Well, I can say I was a bit more fond of water when I was younger than I am now, as back then I actually enjoyed swimming and playing whatever games I could think of with the water, and I don't know why I've come to like it so little, but it probably has to do with less exposure to it (the swimming that is). We'll just have to see what the future brings :p Maybe I'll love to swim again one day, although I doubt it ;)

As for water gun fights: 3, 2, 1, GO! I've never had a problem with it, and I've always loved water gun fights, and pretty much water fights in generals. It mainly just the swimming part I don't enjoy about it. As long as I stay out of any body of water, I'm happy :p But yeah, water gun fights have been a big part of my childhood, since I used to live in a neighbourhood where all the other kids also really enjoyed it.

Yeah, to say I despise water may be an exaggeration, since it's only really swimming I hate, but yeah. That's pretty much most of it :p

Pokébreeder
Years
I've never been a good swimmer, which can be seen on my marks for swimming classes we had when I was little...

I used to have swimming classes in primary school. We had three stages.
Goldfish, Which was the beginners. or the "doggy paddlers"
Seahorse, Which was like the "Your an okay swimmer, But you would probably drown in the deep end"
& Dolphin, Which was the best swimmers in our year.
Each level would be from the shallow end, To the middle & then the deepest part of the pool. Respectively.

At the end of each day IF people had gotten more confident with there swimming. They would move onto the next level.
I started out in Seahorse. I was a decent swimmer, But i couldn't swim very far for long without getting tired.

Each time people were moved onto the next stage of the program, I would always try and sneak up to the 'Dolphin' group. But i would always hear "Scott, Your not meant to be here. Please return to your group"
It really sucked because i just wanted to be the best. But i clearly wasn't. {XD}

Do you guys like seafood? I swear, I could live off prawns & crab. Speaking of which. I will get some prawns next time I'm at the supermarket. Such a tasty specimen.
870949-prawn-genetics-wayne-knibb.jpg

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Seafood? Oh gawd no, it always makes me feel sick from the texture and when it's all squishy in your belly! Prawns are the exception though, they're yummy. :D

Do I like water in real life? Yes
320.png
It feels great to be in, it's really pretty, and it lets us live which is quite a bonus! I love swimming (though I don't do it so much any more) and rain is just amazing. It sounds incredible to listen to and it's so refreshing and lovely to watch. Also water fights are the best, and this is the main reason I love water:

aozjgxg_460sa.gif

HOW CUTE IS THAT.

So in the Pokémon world, I'd definitely train at least once Water type for the above reasons and I'd absolutely love surfing on them. I'd definitely prefer to surf than swim as swimming across the huge bodies of water in the Pokéworld would be a gargantuan task and it'd be a lot of fun travelling with your Pokémon like that, plus you'd have your body free for if you run into any Pokémon or trainers that need battling. Ah, the life it could be <3

Zylas

Dat Trains Kid
Years
Hey there guys! I've got a couple of updates to put out on the club!

1. The Water-Type tournament every Saturday on Showdown has been postponed to next Saturday due to Community Day XI occurring on this date.

2. Cooooooooooooongraaatuuulaaations to AlexOzzyCake for being promoted to Good Rod!

Pokébreeder
Years
Yes i completely agree. Food like muscles or oysters really makes me want to vomit. Have you ever tried crab..? Its so nice. & its not mushy or squishy like the other guys. {XD}

It would be so cool if when we surfed in game it would show the actual Pokemon that is carrying us. Like in HGSS how it doesn't matter which Pokemon you have, It will follow you. Ever since RSE how we surfed across the Hoenn on a Wailmer. Or at least a sprite that looked exactly like Wailmer. Or ATLEAST change the sprite to a Lapras. Which is my favourite Water Pokemon.

Alex, You NEED to taste the Blue Swimmer Crab, Or Lobster. There expensive, But you will not be disappointed. :)

Spoiler:
Image is 640x480.
We call these guys Solider Crabs. Or if you want to get technical "Mictyris longicarpus"
You can find them on the Northern Australian east coast. There name is perfect to because these guys literally appear in armies. & it's quite common for them to appear in the thousands at a time.
The army as a whole progresses at a speed of 10 yards per minute (0.34 mph or 0.55 km/h), continuing for 0.5–2 hours.

I think i think thats quite fast for a critter that can fit into the palm of your hand. There also quite beautiful. IMO.
Spoiler:
Image is 1,099x921

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hey there guys! I've got a couple of updates to put out on the club!

1. The Water-Type tournament every Saturday on Showdown has been postponed to next Saturday due to Community Day XI occurring on this date.

2. Cooooooooooooongraaatuuulaaations to AlexOzzyCake for being promoted to Good Rod!
Yaaaay! No idea why or what that means but go me
320.png
Looking forward to the battles but someone will have to remind me about it haha. Anyone thought about teams for it? :o

Yes i completely agree. Food like muscles or oysters really makes me want to vomit. Have you ever tried crab..? Its so nice. & its not mushy or squishy like the other guys. {XD}

Alex, You NEED to taste the Blue Swimmer Crab, Or Lobster. They're expensive, But you will not be disappointed. :)

Spoiler:
Image is 640x480.
We call these guys Solider Crabs. Or if you want to get technical "Mictyris longicarpus"
You can find them on the Northern Australian east coast. There name is perfect to because these guys literally appear in armies. & it's quite common for them to appear in the thousands at a time.

I think i think thats quite fast for a critter that can fit into the palm of your hand. There also quite beautiful. IMO.
Spoiler:
Image is 1,099x921
I've tried lobster once before and wasn't at all impressed - it just tasted soooo strongly of fish (not sure what else you'd expect but hey-ho!) and almost made me gag haha. It just tasted like some fishy residue that was rotten or fermenting... Perhaps they cooked it wrong or it was a bad lobster, but it certainly wasn't a great experience. Also those crabs look far too cute to cook and eat, I'd feel bad doing it! I have tried 'crab sticks':

Spoiler:

They were veeery yummy, I buy them quite a lot, but I've no idea if they're actually crab or not haha. If they are then I'm a fan, but I'm guessing it's a no when it's four for a pound XD

It would be so cool if when we surfed in game it would show the actual Pokemon that is carrying us. Like in HGSS how it doesn't matter which Pokemon you have, It will follow you. Ever since RSE how we surfed across the Hoenn on a Wailmer. Or at least a sprite that looked exactly like Wailmer. Or ATLEAST change the sprite to a Lapras. Which is my favourite Water Pokemon.
It really would be cool ahah. Considering in HGSS they introduced multiple walking sprites for each Pokémon I don't think it'd be much of a stretch to introduce a few more for surfing... but I suppose they'd then have to justify you surfing on the back of something like a Goldeen or Staryu which is a bit harder haha. If I remember correctly Misty managed this in the first Pokémon movie (Olli could probably provide more help here XD) so it's not impossible, but there are a few smaller Pokémon (and Rhyhorn oops) that could make it difficult... I suppose they'd have to make custom Fly sprites for things like Pidgey too, wouldn't they? Despite not being overly possible to have all this stuff, I'd love for them to try to include it haha. Or at least go back to the Wailmer sprite and get rid of the ominous dark blue blob...

What would you guys choose to Surf with if this were a reality? (inb4 Lapras from everyone - I'm looking at you batto
131.png
)

Pokébreeder
Years
Hahaha. Yes i don't think Crab Sticks are actually crab. I think they are something like cow fat. I could be wrong. But would make sense. They are really good hey. Especially with some salt. ;D

I always buy fish when going to a take away shop. Mostly battered. As i said, I cannot handle Oysters or anything that taste like something i coughed up.. But i LOVE more or less any other type of seafood.

I think it would be SO hilarious to watch your little Pokemon self surf across Kanto on Goldeen. I can imagine not being able to see the bottom half of your body, Or something like being submerged in the ocean. LOL!

Or as Pidgey taking off and you just jumping on the back haha. Not very practical, But good for a giggle. {XD}

Well, Yes Lapras would be my first choice. (EVERYTIME) ;)
Pin131.gif

But from top of my head i think Slowbro would be interesting to ride. Or maybe Feralgaitor(?) Blastoies would be a hoot. :P
Gyarados. Fun. :)

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
Username/Nickname: Water Gym Leader (Call me Arlyn)
Partner Pokémon: Gotta be my main boy Shiny Mudkip, Kippers
Reason for Joining the Club: Water Types Rule!!
Favorite Water Type Pokémon: Final staged starters.
Where do you hang out as a water type trainer?? Pacifidlog Town, The town that sits on the water, duh.

HeyLoro

So shiny!
Years
Username/Nickname: HeyLoro / Loro
Partner Pokémon: Vaporeon
Reason for Joining the Club: Water types are my favorite, wish to meet other water type lovers...
Top 3 Favorite Water Type Pokémon:Vaporeon, Azumarill, Samurott

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Welcome to all new members!

As for surfing on a Pokemon in reality, why not Sharpedo? Just whizzing past everything and seeing the sights while progressively getting faster and faster. The only downside is that you have to watch out for that tree! Or whatever the heck sharks crash into. Coral? Just learn to control your Sharpedo otherwise you'll end up like George in the Jungle. Other than that it'd be pretty badass surfing like that.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Welcome, folks! I'll try to get back in the swing of things since I'm on break until late August.

I'm afraid of swimming underwater and drowning. :( I like staying in the shallow end of the pool. My fear intensified the moment I was swimming in a pool at a hotel with family during vacation and nobody seemed to notice that I had trouble staying above the surface. v_v; I'm not a good swimmer, but now I don't even try to put my head underwater. My parents put me through swimming lessons twice and I still won't learn well.
Water slides and water gun fights are fun, I suppose. I haven't really done anything like that in a decade. :c

Do you guys like seafood?
I do! I love eating shrimp and fish. Oysters are okay, though after seeing some folks become ill after eating way too many, I try to limit myself too.

What would you guys choose to Surf with if this were a reality?
I wanna Surf on a big Pokemon that can carry me soo Lapras or any starter? Would Suicune carry me and walk on water? :O

I was pretty bored so I made these. :3 What do you guys think?

HeyLoro

So shiny!
Years
Wow, those banners are epic Twilight. I really like them.

I'm also gonna answer the current topic:
*In real life, how much do you actually love the water? Are you a great, or mediocre swimmer, or maybe can't swim at all? Even discuss how much you enjoy water gun fights!*
I like to think I was a fish in another life. It's kind of weird that I love swimming now, because when I was younger I had an incident where I almost drowned, therefore left me with a fear of the deep end of pools. A few summers ago, though, my mom got me to swim and I was doing laps back and forth pretty quickly. Soon enough I was swimming every other day at the pool.
I had like a 5 minute water gun fight once...it wasn't in a pool though xD I usually swim alone so yeah...

Last edited:

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
I'm gonna give my answer to the question:

I cannot swim. I have actually lost contentiousness underwater at least 5 times and needed CPR to regain contentiousness all 5 times. I tried to learn how to swim but my fear of drowning keeps me from learning. It is from this fear that I get my love of water Pokemon to make me feel better...safer. And yes I love water gun/balloon fights, they are awesome.

Pokemount

Hello
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Username/Nickname: Pokemount/Brendan
Partner Pokémon: Octillery
Reason for Joining the Club: Ilove water pokemon. I always have to have one on my team, not just because fo surf/waterfall, but because they are just awesome!
Top 3 Favorite Water Type Pokémon: Kingra, Milotic and Octillery

Calem

Water Pokemon Master
Years
Username/Nickname: Calem
Partner Pokemon: Blaster, The Blastoise
Reason for Joining the Club: Well, Water Pokemon are Great because of their Powerful Water gun and They have my favorite move : Hydro Cannon. Water Type Pokemon is a vital Pokemon In your team, Without it you wont be able to use the HM Surf,Waterfall and Dive.Beside Water Pokemon are Cool and Great!!
Top 3 Favorite Water Type Pokemon: Blastoise,Empleon and Samurott

Where do you hang out as a water type trainer??
I Prefer to Dive and surf around the sea to search for Hidden treasure and Pokemon

I actually can Swim a bit and i enjoyed playing with the water.Sometimes It kinda hard to swim if you get exhausted and in the end you might drown or worse! But Drowning won't stop me to swim :). Oh yeah, i really like Watergun fight, especially if the fights is on the pool

Last edited:

Ed3Rd

Beginning Trainer
Years
Username/Nickname: ed3Rd
Partner Pokémon: titanium, The Feraligatr
Reason for Joining the Club:i want to become a member of something much bigger like a club.....
Top 3 Favorite Water Type Pokémon: Ferligatr, Vaporeon, Lapras

I am done...

Years

I'm a girl who loves the water, given how Australia loves its passion for water-based activities. Summer is a time where they love to cool down. As for my swimming skills, I used to suck so much I could never leave the shallow end but towards the end of my school years I have learned loads and now I consider myself to be substantially good at swimming. Water guns? I don't like getting splashed thank you.

And welcome to the club, Ed3Rd! Awesome Pokemon choices there, because Vaporeon and Lapras are among my fave early-gen Water-types. Although Feraligatr is really good too, it does have useful moves and stats.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Username/Nickname: Fiery Dash
Partner Pokemon (must be Water, name optional): Gemma, Starmie
Reason for Joining the Club: I love Water-type since I first play Pokemon, since 1998. Water-types can tolerate different types of move attacking them, they've got only 2 weaknesses, which they can also beat those 2 types effortlessly by learning different types of moves! I take pride of the Water-type like an Empoleon!
Top 3 Favorite Water Type Pokemon: Honestly ALL Water are my faves. I'll pick 3 that represents the different sides of water instead!
  • Milotic, represents the serene and calm of Water, not to mention she also represents the beauty of aqua.
  • Gyarados, represents the vicious and menacing side of water. Like Niagara Waterfalls or even natural disasters that was caused by water like tsunami.
  • Relicanth, there's a saying that the Water we drink today, are also the Water that the dinosaurs were drinking before. Lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back