• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sapphire Surf - A Journey Like No Other! (Water Type Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnetic

Underground Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2018
    Welcome to our two new members! And look at the new page. A HUGE thanks to Olli97 for some incredible work!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Username/Nickname: Olli97
    Partner Pokémon: Dewgong
    Reason for joining the club: Despite having a hard time in choosing what my partner Pokemon should be, I've always really like Water type Pokemon. I feel like they're usually the Pokemon with the prettiest designs of the generations, as there seems to be a lot of emphasis on beauty and elegance in the designs of a lot of them (half of them also seem to be designed to look scary and ugly :p), as well as they're often really strong. I can't seem to recall any playthroughs other than a single one, in which I haven't useda Water type Pokemon, and though one of the bigger reasons for that is, that I need someone to carry me across the seas of the regions, I also can't really imagine not having one on my team.
    Top 3 favourite Water type Pokémon: Hard to choose here. I don't really have any particular favourites, and I just generally seem to like them all. If I had to say a few, I guess it'd be: Dewgong, Suicune, Lapras and Wartortle :)

Where would you hang out, as a water trainer?

Hmm, I guess I'd be hanging out around the shores and beaches around the region, either catching new Pokemon, or battling anyone in sight. I wouldn't really surf around in the sea, as while I love Pokemon, I'm not all too fond of being in the water actually, so I'd stay where I could experience the beauty of the sea, rather than the horrors it might bring if anything were to happen out there :p

All of us in the Gone Fishin' [Or Surfin'] Club are having a party! How does your Partner Pokemon contribute to the party?!

Hmm, I'm not quite sure. I guess the best of what Dewgong could bring would be an ice slide for all of the other Pokemon and trainers to enjoy, however the temperature might not allow that. But if it's as much of an introvert as I am, it'd probably rather stay in its pokeball :p

Years
  • Ollikins said:
    But if it's as much of a introvert as I am, it would probably rather stay in it's pokeball.

Lolololol.

Where do you hang out as a water type trainer
    I'd probably spend most of my time floating around with my buizel in the ocean and go diving occasionally to catch Pokémon and/or fill my Pokédex.

Magnetic

Underground Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2018
    New question!

Misty challenges you and your partner Pokemon to an all-out Water battle. How do you gain the advantage and take down her Starmie?

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Username: Avishka
    Partner Pokemon (must be Water, name optional): Vaporeon
    Why you like Water Types: They're so pretty, majestic, and so much fun to play with. they have one of the best designs and have incredible diversity.
    Favorite Water Type(s): Vaporeon, Mudkip,Suicune, Lapras , and many others

Where do you hang out as a water type trainer??
    i would be at a beach or a waterfall swimming pool either lazing around with my Pokemons or catching a Pokemon ..

The Reluctant Warrior

My journey has only begun.
    Years
  • I'm in.

Username: The Reluctant Warrior
    Partner Pokemon (must be Water, name optional): Milotic
    Why you like water types: They're so majestic and graceful, they're very well designed and diverse.
    Favorite Water Type(s): Milotic, Swampert, Labras, Suicune, Dewgong and Mudkip.

Where do you hang out as a water-type trainer?: The beach, or an island.

All of us in the 'Gone Fishin'[Or Surfin'] Club are having a party! How does your partner Pokemon contribute to the party?: Probably form makeshift waterfalls or participate in diving and surfing contests, it depends, really.

Misty challenges you and your partner pokemon to an all-out water battle. How do you get an advantage and take down her Starmie: I would have Milotic or Swampert at a fairly high level and use Surf, Dive and Tackle to get an edge. Or I can have Milotic use Attract and follow it up with Muddy Water or Take Down.

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Username/Nickname: TwilightBlade/Blade
    Partner Pokémon: Azumarill
    Reason for joining the club: Water types are adorable and I love using them on my team, even when I started with the water Starter! Yup yup, I had Blastoise&Vaporeon in Blue and Croconaw&Suicune on Crystal. In my recent White 2 run, I'm using Samurott and Keldeo.
    Top 3 favourite Water type Pokémon: Vaporeon, Croconaw, Azumarill

Where do you hang out as a water type trainer?
    I would be at the beach! I love being in the water (but not underwater ;-;) and I love the feeling of having the sand between my toes.

All of us in the Gone Fishin' [Or Surfin'] Club are having a party! How does your Partner Pokemon contribute to the party?!
    My partner would make bubbles, I dunno? She would do whatever she could to get Olli to come out and play. :P

Misty challenges you and your partner Pokemon to an all-out Water battle. How do you gain the advantage and take down her Starmie?
    I'd use Lanturn, another one of my favorite water types. Zap that Starmie away! Or I can use my Lapras, which also uses Thunderbolt sometimes.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2014
    Username/Nickname: Tournoiement
    Partner Pokémon: Piplup!
    Reason for joining the club: I love Water and Water Types ever since I played Leafgreen, My first game ever played.
    Top 3 favourite Water type Pokémon: Piplup, Azumarill and Oshawott!

Where do you hang out as a water type trainer?
    Of course, to the beach!, or a peaceful, little lake just with a mini-waterfall for me, my fellow Club Members and Water Type Pokemon!

I would bring rocks, stack them up like a mountain, and make a mini-waterfall with bubbles!

Tackle and Piplup's Bubblebeam! After Training my water Pokemon!

King Of Pokemon

Pokemon King
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2014
    Username: King Of Pokemon
    Partner Pokemon: Empoleon
    Reason For Joining The Club: I love water types since Pearl when I got a Piplup.
    Three Favs:Empoleon, Feraligatr, Swampert
    Misty challenges you and your partner Pokemon to an all-out Water battle. How do you gain the advantage and take down her Starmie:By using my Empoleon's Bubblebeam, Like I actually did in pearl.

Sorry if my description sounds a lot like Tournoiements description, but her reasons are a lot like mine.

Olli

Years
  • Adding y'all to the member list, as I haven't seen Magnetic on in quite a while. Anyways, welcome to the club everyone! Hope you'll enjoy your time and stay active.

And speaking of activity, in hopes of getting a few posts, here's a new topic :p

Why did you choose your partner Pokemon, and was it hard to decide which one to go with?

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
  • Username: CloysterOyster
    Partner Pokémon: Cloyster
    Why I like Water-types: Their free nature and the peacefulness of the water makes me wish I could become one with them
    Favorite Water-types: Cloyster, Dewgong, Vaporeon, Gyarados, Slowking, Kingdra, Suicune, Milotic, Samurott, Tirtouga

Years
  • Why did you choose your partner Pokemon, and was it hard to decide which one to go with?
    Damn, I forgot which partner I chose. sigh *checks* Oh wait, yes, mudkip; how could I forget. I guess it was because of all the mudkip memes. But Mudkipz are cute. U no U liek 'em!

Olli

Years
  • Gurll, I liked Mudkip waaay before it became cool B) /puts on hipster glasses.

But seriously, Mudkip is actually my favourite Hoenn starter. Well, my favourite has kinda been fluctuating between Treecko and Mudkip for the past couple of years, as I really like both of them, both design-wise and when it comes to battles, but I guess Mudkip has kinda been climbing on top. Compared to Treecko, it is way superior in battle (as long as it isn't battling Treecko of course), judging both from its stats and its typing as a Swampert. Sure, it has a 4x weakness to Grass, but it's also immune to Electric type attacks, which is often the worst enemy of Water type Pokemon, and it was really a reliable partner throughout the entire journey through Hoenn. Mudkip was probably the best choice when it came to taking on the gym leaders with, considering it's super effective against 3 of the gym types, as well as having no weaknesses at all in any of the gyms (I'm pretty sure Ice isn't super effective against it), and I guess I'd consider it the Bulbasaur of the third generation.

So yeah, if u herd i liek mudkipz, u herd rite.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Why did you choose your partner Pokemon, and was it hard to decide which one to go with?

Very difficult! I like so many Water type Pokemon. I used Azumarill in HeartGold, so wonderful to use, but I used my other top favorite Water types in other adventures. How do I decide which Pokemon meant a little more to me...? they all brought different experiences to my adventure. :( I sorta just flipped a coin. Let fate decide. :P

I... don't quite like Mudkip. It's cute, but it was my least favorite Hoenn starter. It's probably one of my least favorite Water starters, too. It's a cool Pokemon, but I like other Water types a lot more.

Years
  • I... don't quite like Mudkip. It's cute, but it was my least favorite Hoenn starter. It's probably one of my least favorite Water starters, too. It's a cool Pokemon, but I like other Water types a lot more.
    *bans Blade*
    How can someone not liek mudkipz. ;_; Just look at it.
    mudkip_plushie.jpg

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Why did you choose your partner Pokemon, and was it hard to decide which one to go with?
    It was very difficult .. It was tied between Mudkip and vaporean.. but vaporean won because it's an eeveelution and bcuz of its design

tumblr_me7oemqwNQ1qkqxw0o2_250.png

MUDKIP FTW <3333

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    WROOOAR PEEKO
    (sorry couldn't stop myself :[)

Username/Nickname: Narnia/Sophie
    Partner Pokemon: Wingull
    Reason for joining the club:

I have to say, without water-types I'd probably be struggling through the game quite a bit. They come in all shapes and sizes, some are cute while others are powerful and possess all sorts of attacks up their arsenal. Most of them are quite bulky but also have that good attacking power, which I like. They're generally well-balanced, (from what I've seen) and they're such a fun type to use! You can surf on them, you can climb up waterfalls, is there anything you can't do? YOU CAN EVEN FLY IF YOU'RE USING A PELIPPER- they're just that badass. They ensure survival and fair quite well against almost everything,

Top 3 favourite Water type Pokémon: Wingull, Lanturn, Relicanth

It was quite difficult. I have a huge range of favourites in water-types, I guess Wingull comes out on top because it was the most memorable one for me- every time I see it, I just imagine old Mr Briney going, "WROOOAR PEEKO!" and I just smile at it, since that was one of my favourite quotes in the entire series. It's just amusing to me. I also really like Wingull based off its design. It's simple and not overdone, also seagulls are really cool! They manage to scoop up your chips without trouble and even though they're a nuisance I still find them pretty cute. Wingull is based off of a seagull from memory, so I guess that's where a bit more love came from. And finally I've used a Wingull in Emerald- it was the funnest thing to train. <3

Whyvile

Toot your horns
    Years
  • Username: Whyvile
    Partner Pokemon: Squirtle
    Reasons I like Water Types: In my opinion, they might be one of the most useful types out there. Not only do they have three actually pretty good HM moves, they can also wreck serious havoc with hardhitters like Gyrados or Starmie, or wall the opponent to death with Milotic or Lanturn.

Three Favorite Water Types: Lanturn, Blastoise and Empoleon.

Where do you hang out as a water type trainer?: The Desert. Because everyone uses ground types there, and it's amusing to just utterly oneshot each and everyone of them.

All of us are at a party! How does your partner Pokemon contribute?: Squirtle ain't contribute to anything, he's too chilled.

Misty challenges you and your partner Pokemon to an all-out Water battle. How do you gain the advantage and take down her Starmie?: Send out Lanturn, use Thunder, ???, Profit.

Why did you choose your partner pokemon?: Well, I always had a soft spot for Squirtle! He was cute, and I liked cute. He was useful in Pokemon Fire/Red, and I like useful. And he had some of the best evolutions ever. Wartortle? Amazing name. Blastoise? You have no chance of surviving make your time

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Username/Nickname: AlexOzzyCake/Ozzy!
    Partner Pokémon: Piplup
    Reason for joining the club: Water types are a lot of fun, basically! They're a type that you would always want to be surrounded by, you'll never be bored around them and you'll always be able to rely on them for protection and to battle. They could save you from the dangers of the ocean, cool you off when you're hot, and even give you a nice drink when you need it!
    Top 3 favourite Water type Pokémon: Starmie, Horsea and Piplup (CUUUUTE)

Why'd I choose my partner? Pretty much just because he's so adorable! I love Starmie for the unusual abilities/power, I love Horsea for the huge potential yet dashing cuteness, and I adore Piplup for his utterly adorable nature and personality! Ever since the anime I've loved Piplup (Dawn's one was just far too adorable) so I'd definitely love to train one myself. It's a bit of a shame that he becomes something so brutish and ugly (not that I dislike Empoleon, it's just a sad change for such a cute Pokémon to go through!), but there's no reason he has to evolve haha. He's such a cutie the way he is and I'd adore him as a partner. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back