• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Mega Evolution

Do you like Mega Evolutions?

• Absolutely!! :D

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • Yeah i kinda like them

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Hmmm. 50/50. not quite sure

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • I'm not a fan of them.

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • No way! Screw Megas!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
Years
(Not sure if this goes here)
Now that we have 48 Mega Evolutions its become a little crazy :P
(both XY and Oras Megas)
Who is your Favourite Mega Evolution and Why?
Who is your Least Favourite Mega Evolution and Why?
(Optional) What Mega Eovlution(s) are you hoping for and Why?

My Favourite Has to be Mega Charizard Y. I really like the design and its a great competitive battler. I feel Mega Charizard X has a bit to much time in the spotlight. Like it being part dragon type boosts it popularity by 5 thousand, Alan and Red having X. I think Y should have some time in the spotlight. Its a really great mega. I like X but i just like Y more :)

My Least favourite would have to be mega Medicham. I'm not very fond of fighting type pokemon (besides breloom, infernape, Lucario and Gallade) just saying that now. I really am not fond of the design. I wasn't a fan of Medicham but this lowered his chance of fondness. I don't hate it btw. I just think it could be better from my point of view

Megas I'm hoping for:
Mega Zoroark: Zoroark is (along with Zorua) My Favourite pokemon. I think it would be a awesome mega. Either its Type will stay Dark or change to Dark/ghost(considering his ability is kinda ghosty to me). Maybe its ability could be either Illusion(considering its a unique ability for Zorua and Zoroark), a ability for a permanent Illusion(until the pokemon its taking the illusion of faints maybe) or Imposter. I think its Speed will be lowered if they put more hair on the head. but the hair would Raise the defences. just a thought.
Mega Weavile: Weavile is down right a awesome pokemon. I really like its design and a hope it gets a mega. I would keep its Typing. not sure on ability. raises attack and maybe speed. it would be a great mega in my opinion. but I can't see how they can make Weavile any cooler :P
Mega Yanmega(lol): Yanmega literally says yanMEGA lol. just imaging saying that. it sounds hilarious. anyway. Its typing would either stay bug/flying or change to bug/dark. it would have maybe levitate if its bug/dark but if not the change of typing i'm not sure. its speed would increase. not sure about the other stats though. anyway. awesome pokemon for a mega.
Mega Ho-Oh: I'd REALLY like to see mega ho-oh. It would be awesome if Mega Ho-Oh made its début in the Anime(possibility in a movie). I would Mega evolve for ash. and then ash and mega Ho-oh go kicks some butts >:). anyway. I'd like its typing to be changed to Fire/Fairy(considering it IS the Rainbow pokemon) its ability and stat changes i'm not sure about. but i'd really like to see Mega Ho-oh appear in the anime(or Movie) :)

What do you think about these possible megas? what do you want to see? What are your fav and least fav megas? Type away :)

Last edited:
Years
Favourite Mega: Mega Beedrill
LOOK AT IT! IT'S MURDER PERSONIFIED! IT'S SO AWESOME! Other than that, its Attack and Speed stats are ridiculously high - they can both be over 200 by level 50!
My Mega Beedrill is called Murderbug. Obvious reasons.

Least Favourite Mega: Mega Kangaskhan
I hate going up against this thing in PvP. With a passion. You make one slip up and let it get the double boost from Parental Bond-boosted Powerup Punch - that's it. Game over. Hate it. HATE IT!
Runner ups go to Mega Tyranitar and Mega Gallade. They did almost nothing with them; they could have been so much better.

Most Hopeful Mega: Mega Drapion
Hey, Drapion's my main guy! It'd be impossible for me to NOT want a Mega Drapion! Probably not going to happen as Drapion's so powerful already, though. I mean, it's in NU and I used it to take out half an OU team! But It'd still be cool to have a Mega. I think it should maybe get big attack and speed boosts with a smaller boost to its defense stat. It'd be a killer!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 20, 2016
Favourite Mega: well my AS team is: swampert, aggron, glaile, lopunny, banette (all with mega stones) and Muk. Those 5 are my top 5 favourite, I just can't pick one LOL

Least Favourite Mega: I don't know, I really like all Megas, but desing-wise, I don't like Mega Sableye and Mega Gyarados

Megas I'm looking for:
1st Gen: Mega Muk and Mega Weezing
2nd Gen: Mega Quagsire
3rd Gen: Mega Shedinja/Mega Ninjask and Mega Cacturne
4th Gen: Mega Empoleon, Mega Vespiqueen, Mega Purugly, Mega Spiritomb, Mega Dialga, Mega Palkia and Mega Giratina #sinnohremakesconfirmed
5th Gen: Mega Scolipede, Mega Whimsicott, Mega Crustle, Mega Cofagrigus, Mega Garbodor, Mega Vanilluxe, Mega Chandelure and Mega Golurk
6th Gen: Mega Delphox, Mega Slurpuff and Mega Gourgeist

YOU CAN HAVE A MEGA, YOU CAN HAVE A MEGA Y'ALL CAN HAVE A MEGA

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 14, 2015
I like the look of Mega Bannette I mean look at that thing its like an evil doll that you want to cuddle with but don't want it watching you while you sleep

I really don't like Mega Manectric, it just got big yellow spikes and definitely NOT something you want to hug O_O

Years
At first I didn't think i'd like the idea of Mega Evolutions, but it grew on me when the time came for me to play the game they were featured in. Some of them are pretty fun to use. I think that at the moment, my personal favorite would be Mega Altaria, as it gave it a pretty cool typing and allows it to make even better use of Pixilate than its brethren with Sylveon and Mega Gardevoir. It can go physical or special, and has a gorgeous design; I really like it.

As for least favorite? Probably Mega Steelix, as to me it doesn't come off as anything more than a poor man's Mega Aggron. Much less useful ability, a bit less Attack, and what is up with that ring floating around it?

There are a handful of Mega Evolutions I would like to see, but one in particular is a Mega Mamoswine. I'd give it Refrigerate, and make it get right what Mega Glalie gets wrong, although the latter had that Explosion to go with it, Mamoswine has plenty more moves to utilize.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
I'm surprised nobody said they want Mega Flygon or Milotic yet.

My favourite megas would be Mega Camerupt and Sharpedo, as look really cool and nuke everything in-game and competitively with the right support.

Least favourite mega would be Mega Gardevoir as I don't think she really deserved it, and they really got lazy. She's good competitively but still.

I hope for Mega Crobat and Mega Ursaring.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I've only used a few so bare with me. Most of these are based off of design. For ones that I love the design, but I haven't gotten the chance to use yet I have to say Alakazam, Beedrill, and Pidgeot. For ones I've used and really enjoyed Banette and Mawile.

I would like to see Fearow as it's one of my favorite birds, and has good potential for a great design. Really any very overlooked and under powered Pokemon would be nice to see. Pokemon like Dunsparce, Farfetch'd, Delibird, etc.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
My favorite mega evolutions are Mega Diancie, Mega Pidgeot, and Mega Banette, but I'm not all that fond of most of them. Why do their designs have to be so wonky? I get some of them, but others are just a mess.

As for mega evolutions I'd love to see... I'd love to see a Mega Carbink or a Mega Ninetails. It's neat to see Diancie's mega fully polished, and I'd love to see what Carbink would look like in that state. Princesses need guards right?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I love the mega-evolution feature they had introduced in generation six, all-in-all.

Although some might argue that it's similar to Digimon's way of system and whatnot, making it seem unoriginal (which, in a way, I do agree with ), but good thing about mega-evolutions is they allow some spotlight to Pokémon that normally go unnoticed, such as Camerupt, Sharpedo, Aerodactyl, and so forth.

Of all mega-forms, I'd say one of my most favorites would have to be Blatoise's. Mega-Blastoise is quite bulky, and its appearance seems to represent this quite well; I'm fond of that! While battling against a friend online, it has once managed to endure three Thunderbolt attacks in a row (move this Pokémon is super-effective against), which is saying something.

TheUnit684

Heedrim
Years
Gotta answer these questions, yo! :P

My favorite Mega Evolution is Mega Sceptile. He looks super awesome, he becomes part Dragon (and the only Grass/Dragon typing), he's Christmas themed (if you don't see it, I can give you a breakdown :P ), and he fires a tree off of his tail for projectile attacks. :P What's not to love?!

My least favorite mega is kinda hard to say. Doesn't stick out as easily. I don't like Mega Kangaskhan because it's so cheaply powerful (or at least it feels that way). I think Charizard Y is lazy. Mewtwo X looks stupid. So does Mega Sharpedo. I dunno, I don't really *hate* any Megas, so it's hard to classify a least favorite. :P

I want Mega Dragonite! Dragonite's my dude and I would love for her to get a Mega and look all awesome. The design below in particular I like. Sorry if the pic's a bit big, don't know how to do fancy code stuff. :P Also Mega Flygon would be nice, I think he deserves it. And I want Mega Pikachu to be a thing so that I can laugh at it. :P Do it Game Freak, I dare you!
Also, let's see a Mega Ledian. I know it seems like a weird choice, but I really like Ledian and would love if it was just a tad more viable.

Spoiler:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
So far I have only used 2 Mega Evolved Pokemon, Mega Lucario & Mega Blastoise - the other Pokemon don't really catch my attention, could be that none of the other Pokemon with mega aren't even in my top 200 favorite Pokemon.
Hopefully the next Pokemon game will have at least a Mega with one of my favorite Pokemon - see the last question.

Who is your Favourite Mega Evolution and Why? -
Mega Lucario will answer this question, as Lucario itself already is a Pokemon I like. Already have experience with Lucario and fighting types in general. At least happy that at least there is a mega that I sort of like, it's design is a bit strange from certain angles.

Who is your Least Favourite Mega Evolution and Why? -
by design alone it will go towards Mega-Slowbro, just looks terrible for my eyes - the other goes to Mega-Charizard (both) they take a Pokemon I don't like, just since it's popular they give them two megas, at least to me, none of them look good.

(Optional) What Mega Eovlution(s) are you hoping for and Why? -
Mega-Mienshao! it's been a long dream of mine, I bet it would look beautiful
also would love to see Mega-Zangoose or Mega-Floatzel or Mega-Persian

I know it will probably never happen (except for maybe in my dreams) but would love a Mega-Watchog (it could be part normal part fighting)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
As far as least favorites go, I'm not sure if I have any... though, if I were to put my finger on one, I would say it'd have to be Mega-Slowbro.

Its top-like design don't seem too natural, at least in my eyes; I suppose its regular form is understandable as it's stand on feet and whatnot, but now that half of its body is consumed by Cloyster, as it looks, it's tough to think about as to how it makes movements and whatnot. If it weren't for this, I'm sure I would have had an easier time accepting.

In future, I would definitely like to see a mega-evolution for Ninetales. It's pretty good by itself at this moment, but with some stats raises, ability change, and so forth, I'm sure it would be able to perform much, much better when it comes to battling. Also pretty interested to see how its appearance might wind up!

Nakala Pri

I LOVE MEGAS!!!! They're the awesomest thing ever!

• Who is your Favourite Mega Evolution and Why? - Charizard Y, Mewtwo Y, Mega Slowbro, Mega Absol, Mega Houndoom and Mega Lopunny! =D I like them for their unique designs and their awesome pepped up stats. These Pokemon were already 100% AWSM and then Game Freak made them even AWSM-ER!! 8D

• Who is your Least Favourite Mega Evolution and Why? - Mega Pinsirite. Like, seriously, it makes Qwlfish look attractive.
150px-127Pinsir-Mega.png

• (Optional) What Mega Evolution(s) are you hoping for and Why? - Mega Zangoose and Serviper! >:O I was SO annoyed when both games were wrapped up and these guys weren't announced. Sure, they're heaps powerful already, but why not make them MEGA powerful?
TrollFace.png

And a Mega Zoroark, Watchog, Musharna, Maractus, Sigilyph and Stunfisk would rock! =D And the Three Element Monkeys could totally use it. :P It'd be wicked!

Zenoah

Hop along to the cowboy beat.
Years
Top Fave Mega: Mega Houndoom!

Least Fave Mega: Mega Slowbro

What I want to see: Mega Eevee! Hah It wont happen but it would be neat. Maybe Mega Purugly...Delcatty....any of the feline Pokémon.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
I absolutely love the Mega Evolution system. It's very fun, and I really enjoy Mega Evolving knowing the background behind it (being especially with close with the Pokémon etc.). That and I feel it adds an interesting Mechanic into the game that's not particularly that easy to use perfectly. I've enjoyed playing around with it, and it has immersed me into the world of Pokémon like nothing before.

My favourite Mega? This dude (since I have one):
salamence-mega.gif

The awesomeness of it, it's power and Salamence is my favourite Pokémon too :3

My least favourite Mega? This one:
gallade-mega.gif

Not because it has a bad design (I quite like it's design tbh), but because I feel the only reason it got a Mega was because Gardevoir got one. I don't feel Gallade was a Pokémon that particularly benefits from a Mega as well as other Pokémon might (Mega Flygon anyone?). Not going into too much detail, as I have other reasons, and don't want to start a debate here XD

My most-wanted Mega? This is tough...
I think I would like to see a Mega Ninetails. My reasoning for this is that Ninetails has some decent potential behind it (power-wise) but also has a great design potential with a Mega and an interesting story behind it, that could be built upon for it's Mega. Ninetails could gain a Mega with a very interesting and immersive plot line, which I myself would love to see.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm half and half about Megas, I don't really use them but I like the concept behind them. It's definitely something new that hasn't been done before, and it's good to see them introducing new features on such a scale to change up the metagame and whatnot. As for my favourite it has to be Mega Altaria, it's just so fluffy and adorable.

altaria-mega.gif

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Aggron. The thing is a tank; it's got super high defense and it's attack is very good too.

When I first got the Sceptilite, I thought Mega Sceptile would be the pokemon to beat... but I don't like it's Dragon/Grass type. Something else about this mega evolution made me not like it, either.

Mega Gothitelle. Gothitelle is actually one of my most favorite psychic pokemon, so it would be really good to see Mega Gothitelle in it :D

Last edited:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Fav mega: Ummm that'd have to be mega Lopunny cause i always go for the cute ones

Pokemon that need a mega: MEGA DEDENNE KILL EVERYONE!!!!!
Lol excuse me got a little hyper there.....
Id say that in Oras i really wanted like mega flygon and mega milotic it just fits right!
But since sinnoh is coming up i really wanna see a mega Luxray! I mean comeon!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 27, 2022
Mega-Evolutions are a new feature which evolves Pokemon into an even stronger Pokemon than they previously were for a battle when the Pokemon is holding their mega stone. These Pokemon are stronger and more powerful than most other Pokemon and they seem to have an awesome design.

Rules:
Follow all of PC's Rules & Regulations
Try and stay active in the club
Don't harass any other members
Have fun!

Sign-Up Form:
Username:
Partner Mega-Pokemon: Mega Salamence
Why do you want to join?: I like mega Pokemon and want more Pokemon to get a mega evolution
Answer one of the topics:

What do you think about these possible megas? They're ok
what do you want to see? I would want a Mega Magnezone or Mega Porygon-Z or Mega Genesect
What are your fav and least fav megas? Favourite: Mega Salamence, great design, moves and stats; least: Audino, weird design and not very useful
Type away

Back