• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Mega Evolution

Do you like Mega Evolutions?

• Absolutely!! :D

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • Yeah i kinda like them

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Hmmm. 50/50. not quite sure

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • I'm not a fan of them.

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • No way! Screw Megas!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2019
    I don't really have a favorite mega per say. I do like quite a few. I like to battle competitvely with mega venasaur. I like shiny mega lopunny's design. My least favorite, however, would have to be mega audino design wise.

PkMnTrainerWilliam

Aspiring Professor's Aide
    Years
  • Favorite Mega Evo: Mega Absol. It literally grows a pair of angel wings and a second horn! It looks so majestic! And Absol was already cute before, so its new facial expression makes it even cuter. Helps that it's my favorite Dark type as well.

Least favorite Mega Evo: Mega Kangaskhan. Not because of the meta, but because it's uninspired. The baby comes out to fight. That's literally all it does. I'd rather finally have a baby Kangaskhan pre-evo, honestly.

Most wanted Mega Evo: While I would say Ninetales, seeing as how it kinda got screwed over during the Special Split, it already has an Alolan form, so I'd say I would want to see a Mega Mightyena because until recently it was my favorite Dark type (Absol won out thanks to having access to Mega) and it isn't particularly strong on its own.

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Oct 28, 2019
    Appearance-wise, my favourite mega is a toss-up between sceptile, ampharos, megazard x and pidgeot. In terms of the mega I've had most fun with, venusaur probably takes the cake.

As for my least favourite mega, I don't really like blastoise or latios/latias, and the worst offender is undoubtedly garchomp. It gets worse! Its speed decreases and its power increase is nothing a life orb can't do. Plus its chin is... not my favourite design choice in the world.

As for a mega I'd like to see... I find it odd that only one Kalos 'mon got a mega, given that gen 6 is the mega evolution gen. I think more should've gotten them (the starters, maybe). Mega lapras would be kind of cool, too.

Years
  • Funny enough, I've never gotten the chance to use Mega Evolution yet (never got a 3DS). My favourites are definitely Mawile and Sableye - they were weak and they turned into absolute monsters.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I like Mega Sharpedo the most out of all the Megas. Great design, plus a really fast Pokémon with high Attack power and a type/ability boosted Crunch attack. It has won me quite a few battles before in USUM's Battle Tree.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Not really sure how I feel about megas. I like the idea, but I think they were given to the wrong Pokémon. Like Blaziken, Garchomp, Tyranitar, Rayquaza and Salamence didn't need a mega to begin with.

And the Pokémon that got a mega and actually needed it like Glalie or Steelix aren't so great with it. Who here remembers Mega Steelix or Mega Audino? I didn't until now.

I'm glad that they stopped being a thing, although Dynamax is no better than it.

That said, my favorite one is probably Aggron, Mawile and Salamence's

Last edited:

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
    Years
  • Mega Sceptile and Mega Ampharos are always so helpful. Mega Altaria is sooo clutch and niche though as a Dragon type by gaining Fairy. Charizard X is cool too, and Mega Feraligatr as a Dragon type as something I'd love. Mega Druddigon with Rock or Steel dual type would also be too cool.

Years
  • i kinda miss them, tbh. i wish game freak would've kept them. i understand that some of them were probably overkill, but there were some underrated pokemon like mawile that really needed the mega. :c

Years
  • mega audino and diancie mean a lot to me, they're so cute <3 i love the concept of megas a lot! used to be a bit iffy on them when XY first came out, but they quickly grew on me. so many great designs.

Magitronique

I SWALLOW SLUDGE TO TRANSFORM MYSELF
    Years
  • Mega Slowbro, Mega Mawile and Mega Ampharos are my absolute favorites! I dunno if any of 'em are actually, y'know, good or not, but the designs are fun.

honorary mention goes to mega glalie because c h o m p

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    I like Mega Beedril, Mega charizard and Mega Lopunny the most, as i used them often and successully. Im hoping for Mega Weavile and Mega Staraptor.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • Mega Ampharos and Mega Absol are my favorites! I loved them both even before they had Megas so I was happy when I found out they both got Megas. My least favorite? Probably Mega Mewtwo X, the design makes me a bit uncomfortable and Mega Mewtwo Y is a sufficient enough Mega. Mewtwo doesn't need two of them, delete Mega X.

Back