• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Notifications

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
Years
  • Are you the type to check notifications right away, or do you tend to ignore them? Do you follow people or pages that often give you notifications?

I try to check them right away, I want to keep everything clean but I've seen screenshots from people with over the max amount of Discord pings. Makes me curious how people can even do that and not have the need to remove the notifications.

Teppanyaki

is a Japanese Dish
    Years
  • Personally, I think notifications are pretty stupid, but useful.

The stupid part is that you get pinged everytime, but what if someone's spamming you?
    Here comes the useful bit: TURN THEM OFF!

Years
  • i don't like to keep notifications sitting there for whatever reason so i do check them right away if i can. if i'm busy, i make it a point to check the notification as soon as i have the free time.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • Generally I only check notifications to get rid of the little red alert dot. I turned off notifications on instagram because I can't be bothered to check there anymore. I'll still get emails saying so and so posted a new photo... I need to unsubscribe from them.

Years
    • Seen today
    It depends which place I'm getting the notifications. On here I'll just check as soon as I see them.

On facebook I mostly disregard them as game requests or something.

On messenger I actually put them off because read receipts. I don't want the person to feel ignored because I leave the message on "seen" for a few hours.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I'm too curious and usually check them right away. What has changed, however: I used to respond immediately. Nowadays I like to hold them off for a while, because I like to think about how (if at all) I respond.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I turn all notificaitons off, as it's a distraction when I'm ranking in my various mobile games. If I have notificaitons, I'll check them when I see them, not when my phone tries to push them on me.

Years
  • really depends on the platform, like some others here.

Slack/Viber? those are the platforms i use for work so i immediately check them. Pokecommunity? almost right away too, esp if it's some mod related stuff. Messenger? i'll leave and come back to it, unless it's the gf. Twitter/Youtube/Discord? i'll check it when i feel like it lol.

Back