• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • HOLY CRAP.

I just found Raikou on Crystal...for the second time. >.>

But he ran.

Anyway, I'm getting back to writing tonight and tomorrow. And it is normal for guys to stay the night with each other, right? My friend thought that was kinda weird...so...just wondering. O.o

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • If your fic had an opening theme song (preferably an Anime song), what would it be?
    Non-Anime: I'll Remember You - No Secrets.
    Anime: Feeling Heart (ToHeart anime opening theme)

Have you ever written a fanfic under the impression that it was a completely original idea, only to find out that somebody else had written one with a similar plot/main character/overall story structure and posted it before you did?
    Considering how I wrote mine fully knowing that it was a journey, fic, I'll answer "no" because I never had the impression that my idea was original.

However, my idea of having a trainer with a bachelor's degree in mathematics is original, and I haven't seen this elsewhere in Pokemon fanfiction.

With that said, someone I know wrote a prologue very similar to mine - because they plagiarized it.

By the way, anyone know of another way other than belts to carry Pokeballs?
    In the back of a 1996 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon.

Actually, my trainer Lisa uses her shoulder bag. She wears a floral sundress, which doesn't have pockets and wouldn't look good with a belt.

Saffire Persian

Feline of Light and Shadow
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Utah
    • Seen Nov 7, 2011
    (ToHeart anime opening theme)

Ah, I remember that animé. Very cute Slice-of-Life show.

As for theme songs.. I'd say "Rise" by Origa from Ghost in the Shell would definitely be the one for Finding Courage. The others... Mmm... I'd have to think about that.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Either you're implying that he's wearing shorts, or no pants at all. O_o That's alarming.
    I was writing that when I was also moving a bed and making supper for myself. But hey! You caught me in a mistake now!

I meant pockets, by the way. Though I wouldn't have minded him pants-less.

And it is normal for guys to stay the night with each other, right? My friend thought that was kinda weird...so...just wondering. O.o
    The answer to that question depends on how rabid of a yaoi fangirl the person answering is. For instance, my first instinct would be to shyly giggle, but then I would smack myself over the head and get over it. But other people would yell that they are just friends. And then other people might ask for video documentation as to what happened overnight.

I'm sure Andy and Angel wouldn't mind some company.
    Actually, they would mind it very much. Especially Andy, who wishes for me to conveniently disappear at some moments.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I was writing that when I was also moving a bed and making supper for myself. But hey! You caught me in a mistake now!

-dance-

I meant pockets, by the way. Though I wouldn't have minded him pants-less.

Similar to when my friend Em thought that Gold wasn't wearing pants...although, I don't want to see that. But Silver is a different story...

The answer to that question depends on how rabid of a yaoi fangirl the person answering is. For instance, my first instinct would be to shyly giggle, but then I would smack myself over the head and get over it. But other people would yell that they are just friends. And then other people might ask for video documentation as to what happened overnight.

I did laugh...then smacked myself...then told my friend that my boyfriend stays with his male friends all the time. O.o I could've made something happen...but I don't plan on going from ChosenShipping to PreciousMetalShipping in one overnight scene. O.o

And I just so happen to have a tape...-pulls it out and waves it- Heh.

Edit: It's Monday. Guess who's back?

halt.gif

He needs to go die somewhere.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
  • "My Pokeballs bring all the boys to the yard. And they're like, it's better than yours."

...I never should have watched "Dodgeball".

(snorts) Dodgeball. Really love that movie. And also, I remember one avatar with that line and it ends with "I got Charizard!" XD

Been a bit busy, hence why I replied to this late. :X

Want to say quick that the parody fic will come today, most likely after I finished my classes, though I'll try to put it up before I go to one of my classes. ^^

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
  • I have a question:

Is releasing a fanfic chapter daily bad?

I was checking reviews for my Final Fantasy fic, and one review said this:

Either you've already pre-written these, or your not following the common rules of fan fiction. You should write a chapter, wait till the following day, THEN re-read it and THEN post it. I can tell your not without even reading your story.

Granted, I have done some planning on the FF fic, so it's not like I'm doing it on the spur of the moment....but is posting daily rushing?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Some people would say that it is, because generally the quality of chapters posted daily is poor. But I just looked at your recent chapter, and aside from a small grammar mistake involving dialogue, your chapter's quality isn't poor in the least. And, after pasting your prologue/chapter one in Microsoft Word, you only have around three spelling errors. That's not rushed at all.

Then again, with chapters being released daily, it doesn't give time for reviewers to give you good reviews. I know a few reviewers that need a good week or more in order to give an in-depth review. But if that's not your concern (in which you just want to share your story) then that shouldn't be a problem.

So, as long as your chapters don't read rushed, which they don't, and if you aren't really writing for long in-depth reviews, then you are fine.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Personally, I'll have to agree with Astinus about the fact that it doesn't give time for readers to take in your fic and leave a review. If you've prewritten your fic and already proofread it in advance before deciding to post your installments, I really don't see any sort of problem in terms of quality, as it's the people who don't that tend to violate every code of common sense and writing that they can possibly get their hands on, if that makes sense.

However, there is a big problem, especially if you have a lot of chapters to be posting. Basically, regardless of the reviewer, think of it like this: the more you have, the less willing new readers will be in getting into the fic. That is, if you have six chapters, each ten pages long, new readers will be reluctant to tackle your fic because it will take them longer to catch up and leave a review. If you have one chapter of ten pages, however, it's not so much of a problem because that's far less intimidating. I know a lot of people who, when I started posting the revision of my Infamous Giant Pet Fic, told me that they didn't want to review the earlier version because I was already up to chapter six, I tend to write long chapters, and they didn't feel right just jumping in and trying to catch up when I'd probably be doubling that chapter count by the time they're done.

In other words, it's just more intimidating if you post a lot of writing in a very short amount of time, which is really the reason why, if you prewrite a fic, you should give it a few days before posting the next part if you want a decent number of readers.

Of course, if you're sitting there and actually pushing out one chapter in the space of an hour or two, then yes, you'll want to slow it up. I once heard a long time ago -- and still think it's true -- that you'll need to let your fic cool for at least twenty-four hours before proceeding to the proofreading stage so you can see your own work with less of a writer's bias (which you would have more of if you've just finished your work).

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • That actually applies for me as well. I have 43 chapters on the lagger as opposed to, like, four here. I intend to get caught up, and as soon as I get the motivation to touch up my noobish earlier efforts (I'll need more editing for the earlier chapters as opposed to the later ones) I'll probably adopt a 4-7 day posting window.

New topic:
    As far as trainers, do you prefer to see male or female protagonists, or a mix of the two?
    As for me, I'm going to say female trainers, if only because females get used a lot less than males in OT/Journey fics. I really don't like mixed male/females, because that setup is just asking for some badly written prepubescent shipping (worse if there's three or more trainers, where you get all the drama of a love triangle/pentagon/nonagon/dodecahedron/"insert favorite polygon/polyhedron here").

*shudders at the thought of a love dodecahedron in a Pokemon fic*

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I feel the need to post here every time I see a new topic...

As far as trainers, do you prefer to see male or female protagonists, or a mix of the two?

I like fics that use both, as it leaves room for some romance, and there's no romance like teen romance!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • As far as trainers, do you prefer to see male or female protagonists, or a mix of the two?

I prefer male, although, if a female protagonist is not girly and stupid, then I'm fine with a female.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    A mix of the two...in the same person.

I really don't care either way if the trainer is male or female. I myself have a female trainer, because I can't really see her as male. Besides, now she has a lovely male traveling partner, and even though he wears a purple and pink shirt...well, real men wear purple and pink. So she started out as female because that was how she came to me, and female she is going to remain.

For reading purposes, like I said, I don't really care.

And on the romance part, that I don't even care about, just as long as the relationship is built up. I rather see them start as friends, then move on from there. I really get irked when I see a girl and a boy get together in the space of five minutes because they have opposing body parts.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • As far as trainers, do you prefer to see male or female protagonists, or a mix of the two?
    No real preferance for me really, as long as the character themselves are good then I don't mind.
    A mix of the two? Not the most 'shipping' person to say the least - I guess if it's done well again, but I'd be more wary.
    *aware that I have a mix of sorts in my fic...*

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • So she started out as female because that was how she came to me, and female she is going to remain.

Cause if she didn't, we all know what that means...:o -gasp-

I really get irked when I see a girl and a boy get together in the space of five minutes because they have opposing body parts.

What do you mean by 'space of five minutes'? :/

Hmmm...I have to figure out a way to get past the dude who shakes his head at me. He makes me sad. Stupid school. Oh...

What do you think of fics that take place in a school/academy?

I prefer academies, just because I'm weird and like formal wear. <3 But I think it's a great concept because a lot happens in a school/academy...of course, I don't like it in real life, but reading about it's always fun! ^^

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • New topic already? Slow down Silver! XD

What do you think of fics that take place in a school/academy?
    I started to like this concept after watching a few seasons of Yu-Gi-Oh GX. It's a little more realistic than having a teenager travel the world.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • New topic already? Slow down Silver! XD

Ah, that made me laugh...considering someone just made me cry on another forum. X.x

Somebody in my house is watching Rachel Ray. xD What the heck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back