• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: [Hack of the Year 2017] - Pokémon Orange (GBC) [Movie 2000 Edition] (Fin)

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
How much longer until this game is completed? I played it a while ago. It is amazing!

it'll be completed when it's completed dude. that simple. (not trying to be rude or anything just saying that as there's no dates)

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I'm currently in between jobs as my old one was leaving me with barely a day off every week, so I haven't had much time or energy to work on my projects. My new job will be a bit more flexible so hopefully I can get back to work soon.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
I'm currently in between jobs as my old one was leaving me with barely a day off every week, so I haven't had much time or energy to work on my projects. My new job will be a bit more flexible so hopefully I can get back to work soon.

thanks for the update dude. appreciate the hard work your doing.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I do appreciate it. Just wondering a rough estimate. Not saying hurry. Why is asking a negative thing? I am excited to see the game.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 25, 2024
Awesome game so far, I've loves seeing how all the islands from the anime are translated, and can't wait to see the next release.

Random question, is there any plans to add some of the Pokemon from the spaceworld demo into the game?
I think it would be so cool to have the fire-bear, the nessie-seal and... some other grass starter to make the orange islands feel even more unique

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Awesome game so far, I've loves seeing how all the islands from the anime are translated, and can't wait to see the next release.

Random question, is there any plans to add some of the Pokemon from the spaceworld demo into the game?
I think it would be so cool to have the fire-bear, the nessie-seal and... some other grass starter to make the orange islands feel even more unique

There are no plans to add Spaceworld pokemon in Pokemon Orange, those are being reserved for a future project. The game is already pretty oversaturated with gen 7 Pokemon and I feel like it would just clash pretty poorly.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Good news so far, I have SoupPotato working on finishing up move animations for the game. I also have some scripts done for Luana's gym underway. I'm talking to Rangi about reimplementing the Fishing Contest on Unnamed Island 2, it will probably be more of a Legend of Zelda OoT style thing than like the National Park event.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Good evening.
I just dropped by to throw my pebble to the pile - I love gen II and I'm overjoyed to see it being hacked. I read the first post but couldn't really understand at what point in development you are. Also, is the HotY edition the latest? I couldn't understand what do you mean by "Build the latest version" and it would be too much to wade through 18 pages of comments. Would be thankful for a reply :) Because the screens look amazing, it feels like something vastly fresh in my favourite gen. I was never into the anime, so the story would be new to me, too :) I'm rooting for you and will watch your career with great interest. Cheers!

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
The download link leads to the GitHub page. HotYN edition is the last official release, but you can build the updated game from source code at any point. And it isn't finished.

Years
what program do you use to change pokemon for gen 2? i'm looking at making a gold hack and I am not sure on what program to use

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
In wake of the recent gen 2 leaks I am putting Orange on hiatus in order to pursue a shorter polished prototype-inspired project. Thanks to everyone for your continued support in Orange's development. Truthfully, I've ran out of steam a while ago with writing dialogue for the project and I need a break from it in order to get the creative juices flowing again, and I'm hoping working on something different will help cultivate that.

Keep your eyes out for a thread in the Progressing Hacks section :)

what program do you use to change pokemon for gen 2? i'm looking at making a gold hack and I am not sure on what program to use

I think someone who still hacks gold would be able to answer your question better. This is made using the pokecrystal disassembly. Still active on this site, perhaps @ericgall23 would be the one to ask?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
In wake of the recent gen 2 leaks I am putting Orange on hiatus in order to pursue a shorter polished prototype-inspired project. Thanks to everyone for your continued support in Orange's development. Truthfully, I've ran out of steam a while ago with writing dialogue for the project and I need a break from it in order to get the creative juices flowing again, and I'm hoping working on something different will help cultivate that.

Keep your eyes out for a thread in the Progressing Hacks section :)

I think someone who still hacks gold would be able to answer your question better. This is made using the pokecrystal disassembly. Still active on this site, perhaps @ericgall23 would be the one to ask?

I am begging you--don't quit this hack! I'm a longtime fan of the Orange Islands saga, and I'm so glad someone decided to make a GBC game for it. I know your creative spark will come back for sure. I can't wait to play once it's all finished :)

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
I am begging you--don't quit this hack! I'm a longtime fan of the Orange Islands saga, and I'm so glad someone decided to make a GBC game for it. I know your creative spark will come back for sure. I can't wait to play once it's all finished :)

Didn't you read? He's not quitting, he is taking a break from doing this hack. I'm sure he will return to this one day in the future and I wish him all the luck in whatever he decided next.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Yep, absolutely not going to drop this project, working hard at my new job (the paychecks make it worth it) and just collecting my thoughts in general, memorial day weekend certainly was nice vacation for me and I am writing down any thoughts I have for Orange when they come to mind.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Hey. I'm playing the HOTY edition. Where to find rock smash? Is it even in the game? Thanks. I just beat Navel Rock.

Back