• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

weird flex but ok

Taemin

move.
Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    What's the weirdest thing you've ever heard anyone brag about??

Does any of it bother you??

I have a little bit of a pet peeve against stupid bragging myself, like, it just makes me die a little on the inside from secondhand embarrassment, so I must ask. lol

With me, I dislike when people brag within fandoms. Like, "I've been into x thing longer so !!".

I've also heard people brag about strange things in public before too. "Ha, I don't have to worry about laundry, my mom does it for me!" This person was almost 30 years old.

Also, this guy who walks around in my store wearing barely any clothes, and always buys oddly specific things, and literally flexes randomly, when he picks up food and stuff. I want to die.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I once heard someone brag about being a pc admin, like jeez ok

-locks thread-

-unlocks because i'm so nice-

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • My Uncle bragged about stealing from an electronics store and getting away with it. That's not something that you brag about, honestly. My mom told me this story, and I've never been a fan of this Uncle since.

Other than that, nothing really, lmfao.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I once heard someone brag about being a pc admin, like jeez ok

-locks thread-

-unlocks because i'm so nice-

Oh shit talkin?!

I also used to see someone years ago who came on just to say that he used to be on staff in like EVERY POST EVER.

I was like..... oof.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Once had someone brag to me about how often they cheat on their significant other. :/

Years
    • Seen today
    Having a Shiny Gyarados. It's still a cool thing to find, but being able to find one through story line makes it feel less valuable.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • so i take it you don't want me to brag about the time i watched shrek three times in a row

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    A lot of the guys brag about all of the tickets they win from games. That just tells us how much money you're willing to piss away and when you walk away from the counter we just laugh at you.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • There was this girl that was part of my study abroad group that would brag about a lot of things that perplexed me, such as how many times she blacked out and woke up in a location she was unfamiliar with. That number was concerningly high. We also had a girl that bragged about how many people blocked her after she was a complete jerk to them. And my roommate liked to brag about how many days she could go without getting the shot that allowed her to walk. People are weird.

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
    Years
  • I had a Canadian person brag to me (an American) how they had a Huawei phone and how good it was (even though I prefer iPhones not even Android phones) and now that Huawei is locked out of Android it's kind of even more funny to me.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    One of my friend's used to have an Instagram account dedicated to all of the things that'd she'd STOLEN or "taxed." I swear to God she'd go to the mall everyday and would snatch up expensive purses, makeup and perfume and I have no clue how she got away with it. She deleted the page nearly a year ago but I'll never forget seeing all of her posts showcasing her taxed items and bragging about her thieving habits. It was very odd, you'd never suspect that she'd be that type of person because she's genuinely so kind and quiet.

She still swipes the occasional thing here and there apparently but at least she no longer brags about it.

Last edited:

polymorphism

Years
  • Yeah I learned a while ago that this was a thing (and posting about it on social media). I don't really understand the appeal.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    One of my friend's used to have an Instagram account dedicated to all of the things that'd she'd STOLEN or "taxed." I swear to God she'd go to the mall everyday and would snatch up expensive purses, makeup and perfume and I have no clue how she got away with it. She deleted the page nearly a year ago but I'll never forget seeing all of her posts showcasing her taxed items and bragging about her thieving habits. It was very odd, you'd never suspect that she'd be that type of person because she's genuinely so kind and quiet.

She still swipes the occasional thing here and there apparently but at least she no longer brags about it.

People do that casually??? H ow

But it reminds me of the kid online who bragged about all the money he had until he got bullied off the internet.

Years
  • just overheard two guys on this bus brag about how long they've been in prison for

didnt know that was a thing people do but ok

polymorphism

Years
  • just overheard two guys on this bus brag about how long they've been in prison for

didnt know that was a thing people do but ok

I guess that what happens when we live in a system that is more worried about punishing people who did things wrong rather than rehabilitating them.

Years
  • I guess that what happens when we live in a system that is more worried about punishing people who did things wrong rather than rehabilitating them.

It's weird to me because they were like

"ive been in prison for like six years lol"
    "yeah, ive been in and out since i was 11 lol"

._.

Back