• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Voice Acting?

Years
It'd have to be the same people doing voice acting for the anime, otherwise it'd just be really weird hearing different voices for the games and the anime

That said though, having the anime staff collab with Game Freak is an interesting thought...

blue

gucci
Years
i think they could go for it. it wouldn't even have to be through the entire game but rather just for the important cutscenes, i'd totally be down for that.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
If there was going to be voice acting, I assume we would have probably heard it or seen it at E3, so no I doubt it. I don't know if a pokemon game will ever have voice acting unless it is spin offs and there is only a few parts.

Years
i've always been disapproving of voice acting in video games since, I don't know, it just de-immerses (if that's a word :p) me from the game. especially when it's badly done. but I would like swsh to prove me wrong though 8)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'm indifferent to it. Has to be done well - Pokken Tournament had voice acting and it was badly done, sadly. They just sounded disinterested!

On the other hand, games like Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia had fantastic voice acting and they were a joy to listen to. If we had that I'm sure it'd only add to immersion and enjoyment.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Voice acting for major characters would be ok! But also I'm super picky and I dislike bad voice acting in games. I'd almost rather read it out however I want, than have some partially trained voice actor read out entire lines like they're reading from a script. 😨

Years
I'd be really curious to try a main series Pokémon game with it! Especially if the voice actors would be the same as those who would be voice act those characters in the anime. 👍 But at the same time I get what Green is saying, the freedom to read lines out in my head how I actually envision them to sound and not be concerned over which voices sound weird/make certain characters less likable for me is a downside. Would depend heavily on who does the voices.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Of course, voice acting can make or break a game--when done well, it adds a whole new layer of life to the characters. When done poorly, it makes it difficult for the player to sit through the game. Pokémon could potentially benefit from some voice acting, at least in major scenes.

That being said, they won't even include all the Pokémon in SwSh's data, so there's no way these games will include voice acting. Voice acting is expensive to get, and requires a lot of quality control.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Pretty much everything that Rivvon said. As much as it could potentially make the experience more enjoyable at the same time I don't think they would have it in their budget to get a VA cast in if they're not even able to put in all the Pokemon for one. That said I do think Pokemon is one of those series in which you don't necessarily need voice casting to get enjoyment out of it.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
They can't even be bothered to add all the pokemon to the game, I highly doubt it'd have voice acting lmao.

Back