• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

when did you start watching the anime?

Years
  • some of the older fans first watched the series way back during the indigo league days, but there are a lot of others who got into it later too. when did you start watching?

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I don't really count because I am from the Indigo days, but I also stopped watching for a few years and then Hoenn pulled me back in.

If it weren't for that series, I might not have gotten back into it at all.

Years
  • I'm one of those fans who first started watching back during the Indigo League days.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Just like most of the posters, the Indigo League was the first season i watched......in german, i believe the third episode with Caterpie/Raupy

Fun fact, i was 12 when Pokemon first aired in japan on april fools

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Hmm... I probably started watching it unconsciously when my aunt was baby-sitting me when I was very very little. I do remember watching Johto saga on my TV while the older episodes I watched through VHS tapes.
    It was before Pokemon Advanced, that much I can say for sure.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    I watched Pokemon for the first time when it aired back in 1999 on Sky One in the UK. I stopped watching it around the middle of Johto Journeys. I remember Ash catching Heracross and Chikorita but I think it was after that I stopped watching it. Recently got back into Pokemon, watching it with my son and decided I'd watch it all from the very beginning. Up to the end of Season 6 now 😊

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I started watching when the Diamond/Pearl anime first debuted! So, 2007!
    It was the year that big Pokemon anime marathon aired on cartoon network! Anyone remember that?

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • The earliest I can remember watching is around Advanced Challenge where I'd watch every morning before school and it was a tradition I just kept going with for years until my parents changed their work schedule, making me unable to have the time to watch it, so I haven't watched a full episode since Rival Destinies, even though I've heard things like Origins and Twilight Wings are awesome.

Years
  • I watched the anime growing up as a kid, back when 4kids aired it, I didn't watch it all the time more or less occasionally. Same goes for Pokemon Battle Frontier up until Sinnoh League Victors in Cartoon Network. Then in 2011 I began watching reruns of Pokemon on Boomerang, and I was extremely in to it having spent most afternoons watching episodes and slowly moving from the first couple of seasons up to Battle Frontier a year later, I was so attached to the anime for well over a year having very fond memories from childhood into teenage years. Sadly after Black and White progressed into X and Y i started losing interest in the anime, as I still find X and Y very boring and I couldn't keep up with it after Serena's new look. I attempted to see Sun and Moon when it premiered in 2016 on Disney XD but I just couldn't get into it. Now I do watch some of Pokemon from any given season occasionally, mostly the older seasons to the Advanced Generation, still don't know if the day will come if I will watch X and Y and above. .-.

Back