• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Did Maxie and a grunt really dive into the water in Pokémon Ruby?

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    E9uMhFsVIAUHqgS

I saw this Tweet where someone made a comic out of this scene in Pokémon Ruby where Maxie and a grunt dive into the water to escape to their hideout. I never played Ruby, but did play Emerald, and can't say I can recall this scene. I don't really remember if I ever saw it in my Alpha Sapphire either.

https://twitter.com/so_dattamono/status/1430891879579545608?s=21

Does anyone know if this scene actually happens in Ruby, and does something similar happen with Archie in Sapphire as well? And does this scene appear in ORAS too?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I've been thinking about that myself too. Damn, that is ironic. They want to rid the world of water, but use water transport.

I wasn't too sure of it myself because as referenced earlier, their operation is different in Emerald and I usually main the Sapphires.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I've only played Emerald of that trio…I assumed Team Magma always had a hideout in the volcano, using the water one really makes no sense at face value!

Years
    • Seen today
    My memory might be mistaken, but I also recall them having a literal underwater base.

Also why would they ever use the opposite color orb on groudon and kyogre.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Also why would they ever use the opposite color orb on groudon and kyogre.

Yeah that one threw me a bit too. Now I think its because they need the colour of their mortal enemy to rouse them from their slumber?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I get the feeling that they were just misinformed (or even just stupid) and that's why they grabbed the wrong colored orb. It always seemed to me that they never truly grasped what awakening Groudon/Kyogre would mean, how they'd be doing far more than either group wanted.

Years
  • I actually remember the diving into the water part pretty clearly - a lot of scenes from RS are embedded in my mind since I replayed them so often. So yeah, if we didn't have any video evidence for whatever reason, I'd definitely be able to confirm that.

Interesting how it fades in ORAS though! Only played through it once so my memory there is foggy tbh. Diving in the water particularly stood out to me since we don't really see characters do much more than just walk/turn around. @_@

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2021
    I replayed sapphire a lot as well, so i also can confirm this
    i used to farm items (master balls) for my diamond version
    and later, in white version, i used to farm legendaries to trade with people

Years
    • Seen today
    I get the feeling that they were just misinformed (or even just stupid) and that's why they grabbed the wrong colored orb. It always seemed to me that they never truly grasped what awakening Groudon/Kyogre would mean, how they'd be doing far more than either group wanted.

I played a rom hack with little story changes, however one of them was that Maxie used the correct orb and battles you with Groudon midway through the game.

It invoked a sense of dread I had never seen in a Pokemon game.

Back