• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Offensive Jokes

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
  • still awful as usual at thread titles and starting threads...sorry :c

so uh..what's your stance on offensive jokes? do you like them? hate them? do you make any? do you know of any people that make offensive jokes? what would you do if a close friend of yours made one?

for me, i love offensive jokes bc i have a very dark sense of humor. you could probably tell me any topic of offensive joke and i would start cackling. i do make offensive jokes, not often though. i mostly share offensive memes on facebook. i do know of some people who make offensive jokes. i know of idubbbz, filthy frank, and others. if my close friend made an offensive joke, i'd probably just laugh. i have a bad sense of humor.

so uh..answer the questions and see where it goes i guess? if this isn't an appropriate topic, i apologize and you can delete it.

Years
  • I think that when it comes to humour, everyone is fair game. So I've got no real qualms with the more offensive jokes. I think there comes a time when people need to realise that there's a big difference between someone telling a joke and someone genuinely making a negative comment. It's really not that hard to tell the difference.

There's of course lines that you shouldn't cross though. I never want to hear someone joking that a rape victim deserved it.

Years
  • I don't get easily offended, so offensive jokes usually just slide off me, but like gimme said there is a line people shouldn't cross, and certain things you just don't "joke" about it.

User19sq

I think that when it comes to humour, everyone is fair game. So I've got no real qualms with the more offensive jokes. I think there comes a time when people need to realise that there's a big difference between someone telling a joke and someone genuinely making a negative comment. It's really not that hard to tell the difference.

There's of course lines that you shouldn't cross though. I never want to hear someone joking that a rape victim deserved it.

This is well-said. All I can add to this is: it's bet if all, if not at least most, jokes are hypothetical in question. Anthony Jeselnik has been one to blur the line, and as such, has become a love-him-or-hate-him comedian.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • My sense of humor is basically Vantablack. I crack at the jokes if they're good, and I make some at times. I don't really get offended by things.

I must be one of the few who doesn't define a limit to humor. It's simply a matter of whether the joke is good or forced, the context, the environment around the person that makes the joke, and the familiarity with the recipients.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • i love offensive jokes with some exceptions. Dont say offensive jokes in inappropriate situations or in front of certain people that would take offense. Its no longer a joke and it just becomes outright mean.

Except when those offensive jokes are with your friend and the two of you are okay with it. My best friend and i throw verbal punches constantly.

Years
  • Jokes that target disadvantaged people often aren't very funny. There's a tendency for people who enjoy kicking someone when they're down to not have very good senses of humor.

But like bawdy jokes and stuff are fine. Doesn't bother me at all.

Years
  • I don't really get offended by them, I have a few friends who make them and often enough people just use offensive jokes for humorous purposes (obviously) and don't actually mean what they say.

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
  • I don't mind offensive jokes if used in the appropriate moment,. The problem is, too few people know what's appropriate. It's cool and all if you're around familiar friends who know what you mean and won't take offense, but some people are lacking of a mental filter with what they say.

Also, too many make offensive jokes to be offensive, and it's incredibly lame to do so. Living in the south, I hear incredibly offensive gay/black jokes all the time. They piss me off greatly. They are just way too spiteful, to the point that it's not a joke anymore but a statement of hatred.

I'm perfectly fine with offensive jokes if used properly. But not enough people know how to shut up at the right moment. For those people, just think before you say things. Please. For those of you who can handle the offensive joking with grace and without stepping on people's toes, keep it up.

Bisharp

Whoa.. up close and personal..!
    Years
  • I don't mind offensive jokes, and I even make some sometimes. But like others have said, there is a line. I personally don't take very lightly to 'kill yourself' jokes about a specific person or group of people because I've lost friends to that exact thing, for example. Just be tasteful and you're fine, really.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    i think theyre rather tasteless but they don't offend me at all. at times, it can be somewhat of a slippery slope into actually believing the things they are saying "ironically"

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • I usually have no problems with offensive jokes, although I'll cover my mouth of something was extremely offensive as a sign of 'ohhhhhh you didn't just say that' and then laugh it off in between.

When it comes to me telling jokes, I usually don't care much who gets offended as I have a dark sense of humour. If someone does get offended, I want them to tell me and I'll do my best to not stray on humour of a particular topic around them...if that makes sense.

Back