• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Also big announcement, I'm starting work on making this patch available for Emerald too.
    I didn't really plan on it, but I've been convinced by Touched, who has offered to help with it, and who is an excellent ASM hacker who will be able to add new features too when the time comes. I'm going to skip directly to 1.5a with it so it won't really be ready particularly soon. I'll release Fire Red's 1.5a (bug fix patch) at the same time as this patch (or a little bit sooner) once I've fixed all of the present dangerous bugs (Toxic Spikes I'm looking at you).

While I don't have anything just at the moment, I just thought I'd announce it to get everyone hyped!

Wow! That will be too awesome man! I have been always wondering on there will be MrDollSteak's Emerald Decap and Attack Rombase. Lol. Good luck with it dude. I have been looking forward to it to have Gen V and VI mechanics on my hack and other Emerald hacks.

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    I don't know if it's been mentioned (or fixed) yet, so pardon me, but while using the move Geomancy it seems to continuously stay in the charge up sequence and doesn't do the second part of the move.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • I don't know if it's been mentioned (or fixed) yet, so pardon me, but while using the move Geomancy it seems to continuously stay in the charge up sequence and doesn't do the second part of the move.

Hrm thanks for identifying that I'll give it a look. Geomancy doesn't have an animation yet either so i'd recommend not using it till 1.5a.

Raiimeister

Hear Me Roar!
    Years
  • Found A Minor One, When I Used Wake-Up Slap On A Sleeping Pokemon, Yeah It Woke Up! But The SLP Icon On The Hp Box Haven't Removed. I Just Don't Know If Its Been Reported Though.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Speaking of moves, this is an older one and I'm not sure if it's fixed yet: When Circle Throw or Dragon Tail is used on a Wild Pokemon and it faints them, the battle ends as if you used Whirlwind or Roar and you get no experience.

I completely forgot about that one until now, sorry!

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
  • I dont know what to do!
    Ah--Uhhh! Im Waiting for the 3 new added abilities >_<
    1.5a! 1.5a! 1.5a! hehe!
    Sorry I am just so excited xD
    I want my Mega Pinsir to have aerilate and Mega Altaria to have Pixilate >_<

ahmm mRDollsteak or anyone here who knows how to create a new move effects for my Fire Glow, Wave Splash, Volt Drive, Black sweep, Psy Ball, Flower Guard, Frost Bite, and Pixel Dust( No thanks! ^_^ I will just use Gigadrain)

Delete this if it is against the rule of PC

Lance32497

Years
  • uhhhm.... I dont know if someone encountered it in a patch

but when I trade Kadabra holding TWISTED SPOON, when in the portion where Kadabra is supposed to evolve, the game freezes.

also in Haunter...
    It is from v.1.5

MrDollSteak

Years
  • uhhhm.... I dont know if someone encountered it in a patch

but when I trade Kadabra holding TWISTED SPOON, when in the portion where Kadabra is supposed to evolve, the game freezes.

also in Haunter...
    It is from v.1.5

Hrm, I'm not sure what could have broken that.

I'll have a look into it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2014
    Save your map, goto File > Map > Save as. Afterwards, apply the patch to a clean rom, then add the rombase. Then goto File > Map > Open and insert it somewhere.

Thank you, thank you soooooo much, i've been longly searching how to apply the map and the patch, and I had no success. I wonder if you can use this to save inserted pokemon.

Indibro

My first shiny.
    Years
  • Hi,

I don't know if these have already been mentioned, I found some glitches while playing;

Flash doesn't show up in the Pokémon Menu. Instead it is just a blank space where the word is supposed to be. Still works though.

Route 5 Day-Care Man freezes the game when you attempt to get back your Pokémon from him.
    Also when you select No when he asks whether or not for him to look after one of your Pokémon, a blank text box shows (you can escape it by pressing a button)

I also have a list of scripts that are still capitalised. Just let me know if you want me to find the offsets and post them.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    As for the moves not appearing, this also happens with a couple of other field moves I think. I have no clue what causes it either, it's been there since I first had it.

Also I've been combing through movesets lately and there's a couple of Pokemon still not up to Gen VI in movesets: Charizard needs an extra relearner space for Heat Wave, Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot still doesn't know Tailwind (Tailwind-Mirror Move-Air Slash-Hurricane, Brave Bird isn't present outside of eggs), Ekans/Arbok doesn't have Gastro Acid, and a few Pokemon still don't know Assurance. It's not high priority, but worth mentioning.

MrDollSteak

Years
  • As for the moves not appearing, this also happens with a couple of other field moves I think. I have no clue what causes it either, it's been there since I first had it.

Also I've been combing through movesets lately and there's a couple of Pokemon still not up to Gen VI in movesets: Charizard needs an extra relearner space for Heat Wave, Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot still doesn't know Tailwind (Tailwind-Mirror Move-Air Slash-Hurricane, Brave Bird isn't present outside of eggs), Ekans/Arbok doesn't have Gastro Acid, and a few Pokemon still don't know Assurance. It's not high priority, but worth mentioning.

I know the reason for that, there is a pointer table to those moves, and because I removed the original move name table there's nothing there. I'll repoint that.

A few move sets aren't identical no.
    I might in all honesty change this up quite a lot and expand to 1023 available moves. As I have done that in Emerald.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I actually like a few of the differences (like Geodude having Rock Throw and Rollout still in the pre-Gen VI placement. The switching of both that and bubble/water gun was rather odd looking to me, so I was planning to switch them around anyway) so that's fine and dandy.

Lance32497

Years
  • As for today,
    these are the bugs I found in your rombase
    ~ After I taught HM FLASH to my Pokemon, when I tried to use FLASH in overword, The word FLASH doesnt appear(But Flash works perfectly...minor bug)
    ~ The DayCare Lady and Daycare man-
    After I handed over my 2 pokemon to them...
    The Day care man generates a "." script
    then the when I try to talk to the Daycare lady, the game freezes. Same as the Day Care man in Route 5
    ~ When I trade a pokemon that can evolve by that way, the game also crashes at Evolving portion
    and Lastly, Most of the time, the game restarts

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
    Years
  • @Lance32497: Are you working with 1.1? That might be the case. This base is supposed to go with 1.0, after all. If this is 1.0, then I'm afraid I don't have an exact answer. Just try again and remember to repoint things properly.

Lance32497

Years
  • @Lance32497: Are you working with 1.1? That might be the case. This base is supposed to go with 1.0, after all. If this is 1.0, then I'm afraid I don't have an exact answer. Just try again and remember to repoint things properly.

Ooops, I didnt change anything in his rombase, I test it first to see if there're no bugs, anyways, I used 1.5

Back