• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
  • Hi , I extended the number of pokemons and I inserted them , but just a question, is it really impossible to make that A-map can find them ??

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    NO it's not impossible, however it is a lot more complicated and you do need to know some HEX editing to do so.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    I know there was someone that made a tutorial on it but I will try my best to explain it very quickly.

So let's say we want to make a change to the first slot of the wild pokemon on Route one.
    - Make a second copy of your game. (Note: IT HAS TO BE AN EXACT SECOND COPY OF YOUR GAME)
    -Now on one of the copies of your game (the one you are preferably going to keep) change the first slot pokemon to be something random (So for the purposes of this tutorial, let's say one copy of the game has a bulbasaur as the first slot pokemon and the copy you just changed has a charmander as the first slot pokemon.)
    -So now you should have two copies of the same game, where in route 1 the first slot pokemon is a bulbasaur and one game where in route one the first slot pokemon is a charmander.
    -Now open up one of those ROMs in a hex editor.
    -Every HEX editor should have a compare feature built in it (For example I use Hex Workshop and the compare button is on the very bottom right)
    -So press this button and when it ask which file do you want to compare it to, open the other ROM that isn't already open in the HEX editor.
    -What should happen now is the Hex Editor will compare every HEX value to each other. If you followed my steps exactly, there should only be 1 hex value that is different.
    -there should be an option to go to see that one difference. So go to it and if you used charmander and bulbasaur, you should see one rom has a value of 01 00 and one rom should have the value 04 00 (Because 01 is bulbasaurs hex value and 04 is charmanders hex value)
    -Now to the ROM you are planning on keeping, change the hex vaalue to the Pokemon you want in that slot. For example in my ROM my turtwig has the hex value 01B8 so I would change the hex value to BE 01.
    -Now save this and test it out.

If this wasn't clear enough, I could possibly make a tutorial later with pictures and ****.

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
    Years
  • No need to search I was able to do it alone :D ! You have to open the a-map.exe file , to go to the offset D027C and to change the "9C 01" value to the hex number that you want :)

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Alright, I'm having a bit of an issue with adding in new moves. I'm trying to make a Rock-type version of Flame Charge, e.g. deals damage and raises Speed. I checked Flame Charge for the effect byte, and it appears to be the same byte as Icy Wind- 70 (lowers Speed). Flame Charge itself works fine, but I tried giving my new move that effect byte, and it just lowered the opponent's Speed rather than raising mine. As far as I can tell there are no other differences in the moves.

Flame Charge's data is 46 32 0A 64 14 64 00 00 33 00 00 00.

My new move's data is 46 32 05 64 14 64 00 00 33 00 00 00.

Is it specifically coded so that only Flame Charge gets the new effect? A lot of moves overlap with other effects (Hammer Arm is Quiver Dance, Close Combat is Camouflage, etc.). I tried editing the move with both G3T and PGE, and both gave me the same result. When I tried setting the byte to the effect called Flame Charge in PGE, it just froze the game. Help?

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Alright, I'm having a bit of an issue with adding in new moves. I'm trying to make a Rock-type version of Flame Charge, e.g. deals damage and raises Speed. I checked Flame Charge for the effect byte, and it appears to be the same byte as Icy Wind- 70 (lowers Speed). Flame Charge itself works fine, but I tried giving my new move that effect byte, and it just lowered the opponent's Speed rather than raising mine. As far as I can tell there are no other differences in the moves.

Flame Charge's data is 46 32 0A 64 14 64 00 00 33 00 00 00.

My new move's data is 46 32 05 64 14 64 00 00 33 00 00 00.

Is it specifically coded so that only Flame Charge gets the new effect? A lot of moves overlap with other effects (Hammer Arm is Quiver Dance, Close Combat is Camouflage, etc.). I tried editing the move with both G3T and PGE, and both gave me the same result. When I tried setting the byte to the effect called Flame Charge in PGE, it just froze the game. Help?

Basically I changed the implementation of the moves about halfway so that the AI knows what they do. Flame Charge is hardcoded in the move effect byte to get a Speed boost not reduction, just so that if the AI has it, it knows after it's used it'll be faster than the opponent.

I need to update the Move Info thing, because I swapped many move effects around. The old Flame Charge move effect is just FF FF FF bytes, so that's why it froze.

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
    Years
  • Hi ! It's me again, I just added some new evolutions in the extanded pokemon slots, and even when I've got the National dex, they don't evolve, is it normal ??

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Hi ! It's me again, I just added some new evolutions in the extanded pokemon slots, and even when I've got the National dex, they don't evolve, is it normal ??

You mean in the slots between Treecko and Celebi? AFAIK, those slots are inaccessible to the player- if they appear in the wild and you try to catch them, it'll freeze the game due to lack of a Pokedex entry, and the same thing (I believe?) occurs when you evolve something into one of those slots. You can give them to the opponent, but the player is not supposed to have access to them. Unless you want to extend the Pokedex (tutorial is on here somewhere, but it's a very tedious task) you'll need to replace some existing Pokemon.

This also isn't really the place to ask this kind of question, since it doesn't exactly apply to the rombase. Finally, if you have applied the patch, it's set by default to allow out-of-dex Pokemon to evolve, so you don't need the National Pokedex. If you apply the patch and then give the national Pokedex, you've lost the E4 rematches and made the Sevii Islands frustrating without actually changing anything.

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    I encountered a few bugs with this rombase which I haven't seen reported already. (If they were I didn't see them)

Sand Force freezes the game when the player sends the pokemon in. AI pokemon with Sand Force don't freeze the game though.

The "impact" graphic for Horn Leech is just a white block, but this may have been something I messed up.

Geomancy should target "user" not "selected target". If the AI uses it and the target is not "user", it will get caught in an infinite charge turn loop, but with the right target it works. This is minor and super easy to fix in the move editor.

Some moves are affected by magic coat and shouldn't be, i think this is what makes Magic Bounce go wacko and turn the AI into bad eggs.

Again probably something I did and easily fixable, but Lorelei's intro text when fought pre-national dex is missing.

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
    Years
  • You mean in the slots between Treecko and Celebi? AFAIK, those slots are inaccessible to the player- if they appear in the wild and you try to catch them, it'll freeze the game due to lack of a Pokedex entry, and the same thing (I believe?) occurs when you evolve something into one of those slots. You can give them to the opponent, but the player is not supposed to have access to them. Unless you want to extend the Pokedex (tutorial is on here somewhere, but it's a very tedious task) you'll need to replace some existing Pokemon.

This also isn't really the place to ask this kind of question, since it doesn't exactly apply to the rombase. Finally, if you have applied the patch, it's set by default to allow out-of-dex Pokemon to evolve, so you don't need the National Pokedex. If you apply the patch and then give the national Pokedex, you've lost the E4 rematches and made the Sevii Islands frustrating without actually changing anything.

No, I used the G3HS expand fonction

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2022
    I'm way too excited for the Emerald patch. I've literally been checking this topic every day for activity. It's been a while since I've been on the edge of my seat like this. Can't wait to use it alongside DSLN~

Also, since it looks like you're updating everything to current gen standards, do Drizzle and other weather abilities still last forever or will they adhere to the modern mechanics?

LeiAlcantara025

Hack Expert Most IN Mapping
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2019
    Basically I changed the implementation of the moves about halfway so that the AI knows what they do. Flame Charge is hardcoded in the move effect byte to get a Speed boost not reduction, just so that if the AI has it, it knows after it's used it'll be faster than the opponent.

I need to update the Move Info thing, because I swapped many move effects around. The old Flame Charge move effect is just FF FF FF bytes, so that's why it froze.

Hello Mr.DollStreak Sir? Is This Rom Have A Name? Or Is This Magma Red What They Call?

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2022
    It's not Magma Red. I'm not sure what Magma Red actually is, but it sounds like something that would be either in "Progressing Hacks" or the "Hacks Studio." This patch is not called Magma Red.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hello Mr.DollStreak Sir? Is This Rom Have A Name? Or Is This Magma Red What They Call?
    I'm not really sure what you're talking about? But I guess these answers are what you're looking for:

1. The name of the patch is what it says on the topic, and normally will say that if used in tools.
    2. It's for FireRed and soon Emerald.

LeiAlcantara025

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2019
    I'm not really sure what you're talking about? But I guess these answers are what you're looking for:

1. The name of the patch is what it says on the topic, and normally will say that if used in tools.
    2. It's for FireRed and soon Emerald.

Coz Im Just Curious Coz I Came Across To A Friend In FB That Its Magma Red Version His Name Is Lance And He's Subscribe In This Thread :/

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
  • Coz Im Just Curious Coz I Came Across To A Friend In FB That Its Magma Red Version His Name Is Lance And He's Subscribe In This Thread :/

Hey Lei! Thats not MagmaRed Excuse me!
    I am using his rombase, And I dont even remember I owned his romebase, havent you read my post in the group?
    Rom Name:Pokemon Magmared
    Rom Base:Mr.Dollsteak Firered Rombase
    ... clear? Do not reply on my comment, It'll be under off-topic

LeiAlcantara025

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2019
    Hey Lei! Thats not MagmaRed Excuse me!
    I am using his rombase, And I dont even remember I owned his romebase, havent you read my post in the group?
    Rom Name:Pokemon Magmared
    Rom Base:Mr.Dollsteak Firered Rombase
    ... clear? Do not reply on my comment, It'll be under off-topic
    Inever Said You Owned It Coz Im Just Curious What Rom Base You Use So I can See Some Captions,Why Are You So Mad?

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
  • Inever Said You Owned It Coz Im Just Curious What Rom Base You Use So I can See Some Captions,Why Are You So Mad?

No I,m not!
    Look at your post
    Coz Im Just Curious Coz I Came Across To A Friend In FB That Its Magma Red Version His Name Is Lance And He's Subscribe In This Thread :/

So, it means that I said to you that Mr.Dollsteak Rom base is Pokemon MagmaRed Version, I dont even remember that I said anything about his Rombase and I called it MagmaRed Version which is my Progressing hack. Can't you see the logic? I know what your intention is...

AND IN FACT
    what makes you confuse... You commented on my post in Fb, here I'll QUOTE it.

Spoiler:

By the way...
    Its not a chatbox

Last edited:
    Back