• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twitch Plays pokemon

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • People seem to not want to do that. xD; We had three PokéDolls at one point but they were squandered...

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Will Red ever make it out of Celadon City? Stay tuned until next week to find out! And maybe the next.

Shhmew

Years
  • Ahahah, oh my goodness, I just logged into tumblr and spent no more than 5 seconds scrolling through when I saw so many posts related to this...

Spoiler:

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • From what I read on KnowYourMeme, they've been in the entire HQ for over 14 hours cause of those damn warp/spinney squares. Holy Crap. I think we'll be playing this game for at least 2 weeks to a month lol.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • Bahah It's hilarious. But srsly, that one person who keeps pressing start :(

I don't exactly get the Helix Fossil joke though.... :/

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • We used dig again. We are outside the Celadon Pokémon Centre again. I'm def going to miss any progress that'll be made tonight but holy crap. This is def the longest we've been stuck. I just.... augh. I don't want us to be stuck here anymore ;____; I've been listening to Rocket HQ/Celadon music for over fifteen hours. I can't.

And now they keep trying to get into the PC to deposit Dig Rat and that's so risky and so stressful guys stop. D:

@^ the Helix Fossil is accidentally randomly used all the time. So people said we were consulting the Helix Fossil for advice. And then it became so that the Helix Fossil began to be worshipped as the god of this run. idk man this is how religions start apparently

Last edited:

Treecko

Years
  • Bahah It's hilarious. But srsly, that one person who keeps pressing start :(

I don't exactly get the Helix Fossil joke though.... :/

That's like 20,000 people.

To explain the Helix Fossil joke; because there's over 40,000- 70,000 people playing the game at once, there's obviously thousands of commands being imputed at once. Cause of this, Key Items are commonly selected in battle even if you can't use them in battle. Since the Helix Fossil was the second item in the bag, it's selected so often, that a lot of people view this as the player looking to it for guidance. (Hence where the askhelixfossil came from) A lot of Twitch users started referring to the Helix Fossil as a deity and I guess the joke (like all good inside jokes) stuck.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

So of course when it was deposited with Pidgeot, people were devastated. But of course, when it was brought back it was like
    Spoiler:

I love all the Magic Conch references involved in this. XD
    72a.png

Spoiler:

Also Flareon is the false profit I tell ya.

And now they keep trying to get into the PC to deposit Dig Rat and that's so risky and so stressful guys stop. D:

Please no more trying to use the PC. That only causes problems, and we don't want to lose any more Pokemon to that monster. :(

Looks like the stream has actually ended for a while.At least for tonight. Maybe the dude who's created this is modding it some more. Though people are going nuts and calling it heretic and such.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • FRICK FRICK FRICK WE JUST STORED TWO NUGGETS, THE SS TICKET AND. LORD. HELIX. AGAIN. WHILE TRYING TO DEPOSIT DIG RAT

aaaaaand the stream just went on break. What a time. :|

im so stressed out

Treecko

Years
  • FRICK FRICK FRICK WE JUST STORED TWO NUGGETS, THE SS TICKET AND. LORD. HELIX. AGAIN. WHILE TRYING TO DEPOSIT DIG RAT

aaaaaand the stream just went on break. What a time. :|

im so stressed out

AAAAAAAhhhhhhh. I didn't see that. Well this will be painful once the stream is back up. (They better put back up or it's gonna kill me.) At least nothing will happen till then I (and you) can possibly not miss some of the major stuff. Like actually getting out of Rocket HQ.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • So it looks like what the creator tried to do over the break was implement a majority-vote system. Meaning, over a certain span of time, the command given most would be the command input for that timeframe. But it didn't look like it was working well- the timespan was far too long and nothing at all was happening and it was not interesting. I guess they're fixing that now- hopefully they'll sort out timing if they continue with this system. I don't know if it will be better or worse for making progress though. Hopefully better. There just has to be the right timeframe compromise.

Treecko

Years
  • Yeah the voting system didn't seem to be going no where fast. Hopefully they figure out how to speed it up or a new system that makes things faster. They should still expect the game to not get complete anytime soon though.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • It's now going majority vote over every five seconds but that's still getting us nowhere- all we've done since it came back is open the PC twice and try to withdraw 'mon that aren't there. Five seconds is a significant amount of time- I wonder how many are getting frustrated? I would have recommended one or two seconds because dang you can input commands really fast. Like think, just playing will get you about five steps per second? Ten? That's a minimum of 5 commands per second. Waiting five seconds to give one command is a long time.

Treecko

Years
  • Well it looks like Red is barely moving and has been at the PC for a while. They should probably just go back to the old system at this point. It looks like they're trying to make the playthrough more streamline, which is a bit less interesting. I seriously hope this isn't over yet though. :(

Back