• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twitch Plays pokemon

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • I've had it open on the side of my screen for the last three days or so and I input commands sometimes so I feel like I help a little. :P I mean, the majority of people are still trying to move forward with what we have and the goal is shared by most of them so something will happen eventually. It's more a matter of luck now that we have to do Rocket HQ though. :|

Years
  • My main annoyance rn is that nothing ever happens while I'm watching lmao. I fell asleep while they were trying to hit up the daycare and woke up to crimes against humanity (aka two releases, a terrible evolution, the storing of Lord Helix and the wasting of pokédolls) and now I've been watching the Rocket Hideout nonsense for a few hours. bleah

Wow that doc is pretty cool. At least someone is keeping track. Thanks for the link

It seems that more people are trying to wreck the game than to contribute. However, I am amazed that they are somehow still alive.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Mhm! There's also a TvTropes page now. And somebody informed the Guinness World Record people about this and they're taking a look at it. idk what record it would qualify for or it they're just gonna make something up but hey, that's cool.

In other news, Lord Helix has been retrieved from the PC and after much wandering we're back in Rocket HQ. I feel like once we get back to having a common goal things will go more smoothly- everyone's arguing about PokéDoll vs Scope strategy or something. And Rocket HQ is a nightmare anyway.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm so happy they got the Helix Fossil back but omg STILL in Rocket Hideout. I must have been gone when they got Helix back but ugh every time I watch, there's nothing good happening. :(

Also yeah I'm gonna sticky this for the time being while it's popular.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • tumblr_n16012tExR1rqszvno1_500.png

Lord Helix has spoken!

Seriously tho I'm optimistic that we'll get somewhere but it's not going to be anytime soon- most things tend to happen when the Americans go to sleep and the participant count drops. I'm never going to see anything cool ;___;

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Ugh I'm so out of touch with what's happening since I haven't been on my computer all day.I'm always off my computer when the good things are happening. :( From what I'm hearing though, they're in Rocket's Hideout trying to get past the warp squares and Helix has been restored. :D

Also I tried the askthebhelix thing if I'd past my Oral Communciations test and omg

consulthelix_zpsf5be9457.png

Helix has spoken. Looks like I'll fail.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • baw sorry about your impending doom :(

It's okay that you haven't been round though because the most major thing that's happened is the rescue of Lord Helix from the PC. The rest of the time has been spent doing the first part of the spinny-tiles over. And over. And over...

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Round and round and round and round it goes.

I expect we'll be stuck in this place for a week or so unless the Helix Lord tells us the way out.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I'M STILL OPTIMISTIC ABOUT BEING ELSEWHERE IN LESS THAN TWELVE HOURS (aka after i wake up tomorrow bc things happen when i sleep apparently). Seriously, we'll find a way. We're slowly getting further into the maze. It'll be okay soon. It'll be fine...

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • We just need to get out of this corner and take the one-tile-wide path left, so it's going to take a while...

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • We're on B3 this is totally possible. We got this. Although we've managed to get all the way down the right side more times than we've passed the gap we need to get in. Also the party just opened and apparently Dux is our leader rn. :|

reference maps for this bit are here

edit: we somehow got back up to b2 and are hanging there ughhhhh why

Fun fact. The rom being played on this stream is none other than Pokemon Red 151!.
    btw if you don't know the significance of that (I didn't until recently lol) just look here!

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • I've been lucky enough to witness the tree guarding the Celadon gym being cut (they spent hours on that), the retrieval of the Helix Fossil from the PC, and the unfortunate case of the rooftop Eevee, And no, nothing good came out of that Eevee :(

It's really interesting to see how much popularity this has gained though. There were about 15k people watching the stream when I first saw it, and now it's locked in the 70k+, well on its way to 8 million views, and has gained a massive fan-following as well as a hilarious sub-reddit page. Definitely a piece of art ;)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • That's pretty similar to what major events I've seen- I watched them teach Cut and utilize it in Vermilion, successfully deposit Dig Rat, get ahold of that frickin Eevee + the attempt to buy evolutionary stones, and the retrieval of Lord Helix. I really want to see a gym battle augh >:(

I was reading a few interviews with the creator and everyone was amazed at 20k around 2 days in and just... look how big this is. All of this. This amazing. Everyone's playing a game and then there's everything that's become associated with just this playthrough like Olli said and it's just. Wow. Look what we do.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I missed the retrieval of Lord Helix, sadly. That must have been when I was ACTUALLY doing my schoolwork for once, or with my boyfriend. I think Anna is right in that the good will happen when the Americans go to sleep. Pretty sure that's where most of the trolling is coming from. :P

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • For those people actually playing: the amount of time between inputs has been increased to 45 seconds (as opposed to 20-ish when I last was paying attention). Meaning that you can only send a message of any type once every 45 seconds. Fair, certainly, but frustrating since it feels even less like I'm contributing anything.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • We were in the maze of B3... and we used dig... I can't even...

on the plus side i can safely ignore the stream for another three hours. Though I could have ignored it for the previous ten as well tbh.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • From what I gather in the various posts around the internet, this is funnier to watch from a distance than actually trying to play it :p

but funny indeed, and that's all I require.

Back