• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] New mechanic teased in Japanese logos?

Years
  • pokemon-swordshield-logo-japanese-BANNER.jpg

If you're unaware of it, there is small Pokéball-like symbol in Japanese logos. There were Mega Evolution Symbol and Z-Move Crystal in XY and SuMo Japanese logos, both teasing Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves respectively.

What do you think it will be this time?

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I was thinking the sword might be some ultra powerful attack, and the shield might be a defense against it but then again that's basically Z-Moves + Protect. So I dunno! Might be some spin on that kinda concept I guess.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Maybe. These logos also appear on the main characters jersey as he's walking into the stadium.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Hmm you know how in Pokemon GO you're all apart of Team Mystic, Valor or Instinct? What if in these games there are two rival Teams that compete in various competitions(*cough* SPORTS *cough*) and depending on which game you get determines what Team you join. To increase your influence and power, you go around challenging the regional Gyms to strengthen the power and bond with your Pokemon. Its just an idea floating in my head but it does make some sense.

Years
  • Ooh that's a good point. I have no idea what it could be. To be frank I think between Z-moves and Mega-evolutions my thirst for new mechanics has been quenched for a while now but I'm sure whatever they come up with will be cool.

Years
  • While yes, the previous games did tease a mechanic via their Japanese logos, I don't think there's much to read into this one. The logo appears on a few buildings, is coloured red, white and blue, and appears on the player's jacket, so it looks like it's the logo for a Pokémon League. The colour scheme would represent the country that Galar is based off - blatantly, the UK.

My thoughts on it, anyway.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I was curious about those symbols too, but having seen it as a motif on buildings and clothes, I'd say it's probably the logo for Galar's League/rumoured sport stadiums. Still, it would be interesting if it does turn out to be a new mechanic!

But what are your thoughts on the actual sword/shield logos? They remind me of a coat of arms. The wolf-like heads are the most interesting part of all. Could they be referring to the region's Legendaries?

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I was curious about those symbols too, but having seen it as a motif on buildings and clothes, I'd say it's probably the logo for Galar's League/rumoured sport stadiums. Still, it would be interesting if it does turn out to be a new mechanic!

But what are your thoughts on the actual sword/shield logos? They remind me of a coat of arms. The wolf-like heads are the most interesting part of all. Could they be referring to the region's Legendaries?

My guess is that there might be good (or bad) groups in the game called "Knights of [whatever]." Sort of how there is the Catholic Knights of Columbus today, though they don't actually fight anyone lol. Basically a group of exclusive membership and some sort of prestige, which in the games, I would assume be defenders of something. It would also be reasonable to assume they use Pokémon to battle lol.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • I always imagined that one of these days, Game Freak would create some kind of mechanic where once per battle, if a Pokémon loses all of its HP, it would somehow survive beyond its limits, and then possibly regain health and get boosted in some form.

If such a mechanic was somehow introduced in Gen 8, maybe it would grant an offensive boost in Sword and a survivability boost in Shield?

Years
  • I'm thinking it's probably something similar to Mega Evolution. Another alternative forms gimmick? Perhaps!

... As long as it's not just Kanto 'mons getting them though, I'm happy.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    As others have stated, it seems like it's just the logo for the region, similar to the one Alola had on the Trial Amulet.

Honestly, I'm thinking that this region won't have a new battle gimmick. Instead, I think they'll just focus on Megas again, as a lot of people were disappointed in the lack of new ones in gen 7 and they bothered to put them in LGPE.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Pokémon Brave and Default system confirmed

I do wish they don't actually come up with anything this time. Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves already seem enough.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't think it is anything. The symbols is on the Pokemon Gyms. To me, this is only a logo that can mean gym and sport competitions in the Stadiums where you see the logo on the signs. If it was a new mechanic, I don't know why it would be on the gym signs. And all these new battle mechanics are starting to become a pain. If it keeps up, they are going to end up being Yu-Gi-Oh because of all the different mechanics.

Years
  • I don't think it is anything. The symbols is on the Pokemon Gyms. To me, this is only a logo that can mean gym and sport competitions in the Stadiums where you see the logo on the signs. If it was a new mechanic, I don't know why it would be on the gym signs. And all these new battle mechanics are starting to become a pain. If it keeps up, they are going to end up being Yu-Gi-Oh because of all the different mechanics.
    It's still kinda cool no matter what but I'm not gonna shove my opinion to everyone so yeet

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I've heard rumors it might be armored evolutions, which I'm honestly hoping that's not what this is. Maybe it's got something to do w/that football stadium?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I've heard rumors it might be armored evolutions, which I'm honestly hoping that's not what this is. Maybe it's got something to do w/that football stadium?

Even though I didn't originally like the idea, I think it could work if it was like a different type of Mega Evolution, but that is the only way.

If you are talking about the leak I think you are talking about, then I think it is fake. A legit leaker isn't going to speak to people like that I think. Back when SSBU was coming out, there was someone who used a lot of foul language and a ton of people believe him because of the image, when in reality, he was completely wrong. I think this guy might actually be the same guy.

The reason he predicted the names and region location right, was because the names had been greatly speculated and leaked back in like August or so of last year and people also started speculating that UK was going to be the region, but it was already widely believed. He also said a snake and Trojan horse, but I think it is pretty much proved that those are not real, because the titles have wolves.

Back