• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Favorite Hoenn Pokemon

ThatsTakao

Hiya!
Years
I'm surprised no one has mentioned any of the legendaries! I really like Rayquaza just because of his design, although it's a lot easier to like a Pokemon when they're as strong as Rayquaza. I also really like Milotic and Gardevoir.

Years
I love so many this gen! Altaria is so breathtakingly cute though. Its mega form made me love it even more. <3

altaria-mega.gif

Other ones I adore are Zangoose, Absol, Skitty, Beautifly, Flygon, Mawile, Metagross, the regis.. this was one of my favorite gens as far as new Pokémon were concerned. I can play the games without them, but I sure as heck would love to have at least one of my favorites on my team each playthrough.

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
Years
Mawile easily. I like its concept, it's freaking adorable, and it's a very good Pokemon in-game (even without its mega stone!)

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
Years
:t258: Mudkip was my first starter ever so it obviously holds a special place in my heart. Marshtomp and Swampert too.
Some other Hoenn favorites of mine are Sharpedo (my always reliable speed surfer!), Aggron, Cradily, Rhydon, Skitty, Crobat, Flygon and Seviper. So many favorites.

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
Years
  • Age 24
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 6, 2023
Man, I dunno who to pick between Blaziken and Zangoose. They're both so awesome!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 24, 2022
FLYGON! First game I ever played was Ruby and when I caught a Trapinch I didn't expect it to end up being some cool looking dragon!

Can I play Hoenn games without getting a Flygon, yes and I usually do but every now and again I'll try and get one.

Close second is Sharpedo/Carvanha

xXLunaSolXx

Oohhh, Hoenn has so many good Pokemon! It is so hard to choose a favorite one! >_< Gardevoir, Flygon, Absol, Blaziken, Milotic, Lati@s, Salamence, Altaria, Mightyena and Rayquaza are all super cool!

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
I like pretty much every Pokemon from Hoenn, it's so hard to choose. If I had to pick just one, besides a starter, I suppose I would go with Beautifly. This Pokemon actually grew on me after watching the anime, and using it in Ruby. It's kinda special to me now <3

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 23, 2017
10. Camerupt
9. Beautifly
8. Blaziken
7. Manectric
6. Roselia
5. Flygon
4. Gardevoir
3. Skitty
2. Altaria
1. MILOTIC

Milotic, up until Primarina, was my favorite pokemon ever! Sadly she is now the runner-up, but she still holds a special place in my heart -- a true transformation of beauty.

Years
My favourite Hoenn Pokemon, and one of my favourite Pokemon of all time, is Absol. It's been ages since I've played any of the Hoenn games without one, I just love its design and the lore behind it. Although it doesn't learn the best moves, it always has a place in my team.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Dec 31, 2017
I really like Tropius, I am not saying its the strongest out there. I really like the look and versatility of this pokemon. I really enjoy Swampert as well

Back