• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Bug (Oct. 27 - Nov. 2)

Who are your favorites? (Choose as many as you want!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • mgfRcWp.png

nqtLKgS.png

Welcome to the fourth annual Favorite Pokémon Tournament, hosted here in Pokémon General! The goal of the Favorite Pokémon Tournament (or FPT), is to determine the most popular Pokémon of the users here at the PokéCommunity. This will be a 10-week set of polls culminating in mid-November, where we'll pit almost all the Pokémon from different types of past and present generations against each other to determine a winner. After we know the results of each type, we'll add all of those Pokémon to a final poll, where the winner(s) will be crowned champion, and will go down into the record books as PokéCommunity's favorite Pokémon of 2016!

If you are new to the Favorite Pokémon Tournament, or would just like a refresher on the rules/process of the event, please take a look at the FAQ posted below:

Spoiler:

NOTE: Because of the limited number of poll spaces, not all eligible Pokémon have been included. If you want to vote for an unlisted Bug-type, check the "Other Pokémon" option represented by a (?), and leave a post with your vote.

Now that you know what the tournament is all about, what are you waiting for? Polls are open until November 2nd, so get voting!

The Finalists:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Heracross has always been one of my favorite Bugs, since it managed to set itself apart already in Gen II by learning an actually good Bug type move.

I also voted for the cute purple ball of fluff known as Venonat.

Years
  • My votes went to the Scyther and Surskit lines, they're both really cool designs and I love my shiny Masquerain so I had to give it a vote haha.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Eh...

Scyther line and Yanma line. That's it.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Leavanny - Stands out to me as the best out of all the bugs, and was the one that convinced me to try using bug mons in the first place. Carrys my favourite move ever that is Leaf blade and tons of other cool stuff, what else? Was the easiest to train amongst my team in my Black nuzrun as well. Definitely an underrated mon in my books.

Butterfree - I dunno, but Compoundeyes Sleep powder helped me a lot in another one of my runs, so voted for that too.

Beedrill - Same as above except minus Compoundeyes sleep powder and instead a cool moveset in Poison jab/Pin missile.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Voted for more than I thought I would in this category.

• Scyther line
    • Ledyba line
    • Spinirak line
    • Yanma line
    • Kricketot line
    • Combee line
    • Venipede line
    • Joltik line

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2018
    Heracross. Nothing more need be said. It is freaking Heracross.

Other = Dwebble. One of the only Pokemon from Gen V that I like, let alone tolerate. It is just so cute, and Crustle is actually really useful.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Bug types have really grown on me lately. Voted for:

Heracross - Favorite bug ever
    Sewaddle - Really opened my eyes to how great bugs can be
    Scolipede - Such a powerhouse
    Escavalier - Loves its design and moveset capabilities, Trick Room anyone?

Guess I really love Gen V

Years
  • Didn't vote for as much as I thought, though I do notice the lead is shared by the two I happened to not vote for.

As for who I chose, I had Butterfree for being one of my fave 1st Gen Pokemon. I also picked the Surskit and Yanma lines for their interesting themes, Combee and Vespiquen for I guess the latter's bulk. Voted for the Sewaddle, Venipede, Joltik, Larvesta and Scatterbug lines.

Years
  • Thank you to everyone who voted in the Halloween week edition of the FPT!

In a result that is both surprising and not surprising at the same time, we ended up with a tie here in the Bug type poll! Having both already finished runners-up in their secondary type polls, neither of them would accept defeat again, so congratulations to Scyther/Scizor and Heracross on earning their spots in the finale. Rounding out the podium was Larvesta & Volcarona, who had a very strong showing as well.

If you haven't already, be sure to check out the results from the Ghost type poll- our other spoopy poll this week. Also, the FPT will be taking a short break, but we'll be back with our penultimate preliminary polls on Friday Saturday night in the Americas, or Saturday Sunday for everyone else. See you then!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I can't believe we got a tie for this one (apparently Psychic had a tie as well), but I can understand both Scizor and Heracross being super-popular. Guess that means we have 4 types left to go - Fire, Normal, Flying and Water.

Back